Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Warky Championship Report: Scum (A) 10:34 - Apr 7 with 662 viewsWarkystache

Welcome back. It's been a difficult few weeks and I'm sorry but I haven't had time and all that.

First the housekeeping news. Mrs Tel is in hospital. Nothing too serious, needed another operation so has paid privately and she's currently in The Oaks, having had it last Thursday. I don't honestly know what she's had done but Tel intimated somewhere south with his eyes when I last saw him a week ago for a pint. Or was it Monday? Must have been Monday. We'd gone to PR for that classic Southampton match. He can't make Wednesday because he refuses to drive and, by proxy, not have a drink.

He's fine as well. I say 'fine'; he can't operate the washing machine so has resorted to using a local laundrette, where he chucks them a black bin bag full of clothing and bed sheets and thirty quid and they return them to him a week later ironed (not the sheets. Who irons bed sheets? Mind you, he asked the woman in there anyway). They asked him which powder he'd prefer. He didn't know. Their default is Persil. So he opted for that. He then complained of itchiness on Monday.

We tried to get tickets for Carrow Road yesterday. Tried quite hard. But it was hopeless. And anyway, he couldn't then make it as he was visiting Mrs Tel, and we lost and played hopelessly. More in a mo. So at least we get the mild comfort of not having forked out to join the knotted band of blue at the home of crapness, Partridge and the sort of people you'd half expect to see in some random backwaters in the Fens, your car doors locked and you bumping over unmade roads as you desperately scan the horizon for a glimpse of Ely Cathedral.

My, how the Southampton drama spoilt the derby. Visions of Chaplin whipping in a thirty-yarder, of Omari torturing Gibson and that other thug they play at the back, of Sargeant's curly ginger head in his hands, they were the stuff of dreams in the last few days. And it all went bang like a balloon landing on a holly bush, stifled by our poor play and their cheating and time-wasting, and gloating. At least our local had the good sense to switch off the moment the ref blew for time. I was worrying about the longevity of the pool table and the back bar chairs. They weren't happy, our drinking ITFC contingent. Neither was I, but several pints and a few shorts lessened the immediate gnashing and need to destroy inanimate objects.

I feel sorry for folk who have to work with scum fans this next week. I'll run the usual whining from the Coventry fans who did us a favour yesterday and might have expected one in return. Still, they're convinced they will be play-off bound. I was the same until Leeds lost.

In other news. Paula is being evicted from her house in Heybridge and is moving back to Harwich. She did ask if I'd take her in, baby included, for a few months (?) just so she could work weekends and try and save up for a deposit on a rental. Then she asked for a few grand as a loan so she could take up the offer of a rental with one of her friends in Colchester. I had to refuse both. I'm sorry, but I did. My spare bedroom is a mess and I need to be up at the crack of dawn for work. Plus she never repaid the two grand I lent her in January. And I'm not a bank. My resources are finite. Sorry and all that. So she's moving in with her sister in Harwich while she looks for somewhere locally.

It's getting better. Weather-wise as well as promotion-wise. I'm not convinced we'll do automatic but then some days I am. It just feels like one of those seasons. Like last season when we just kept going. Yesterday, like Cardiff, was a blip but this is a difficult league.

Tel texted me last night. "Ball. Dindnt sea the game onle hilites hateem scum" For a second, I thought he was learning arabic. So I rang him. The sounds of people walking around were in evidence as he answered and he whispered, which for Tel was an effort. 'Hiya mate, sorry, I'm in The Oaks with the missus, she's just 'aving 'er tea, so I came art forra bref like". We briefly discussed the game and he moaned and said he wouldn't have played Tuanzebe and we missed Burns. Then he said "Lissen, wife'll be art on Mondy so she should be OK for next Saturdy, fancy comin' over for a chinky?" and I said yes, making sure that Mrs Tel would be alright first as I never like the feeling of obligation. So he rang off. And that was that.

So I might not be around for another week or two. Sorry to everyone. But I'll try and write something anyway. I can't remember if we're at home (hang on, I can check on here can't I? Yes, Middlesbrough. He'll be going to that, Must remind him) but it'll be nice to catch up with them both.

Losing 1-0. It might seem a lot to a team twenty-odd points behind us. Would've been nice to win it and get the bragging rights. But what the hell. Hopefully we'll be in different divisions again next season. They don't seem to matter as much as they used to. That fifteen year thing, it only exists in the minds of Sky TV and their supporters. Who cares? It's not that important. It's only a game after all. Let them get some semblance of joy in their benighted lives.

Bastards.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The Warky Championship Report: Scum (A) on 13:39 - Apr 7 with 464 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Great to see a report again, just a shame about the result.
Faye says thanks for the donation xx

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024