Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... 18:39 - Apr 6 with 1568 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve been studying our perspective run ins and form of clubs within that.

I have deduced that if we win our next two games (both at home) then we are going up automatically.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 1440 viewsrkc123

The next two are definitely key, build that momentum back up for tough couple of away games. I keep getting stuck on that final day fixture, up until the last few weeks I had been thinking we stood a real chance on the last day as long as we were within 1 or 2 points of Leeds, but I think now we need to be ahead all the way to the end. It is a real stroke of luck for Leeds that it is almost certain Southampton will be resting players for the playoffs, one of their toughest games of the season on paper but it will be made into a fairly comfortable win I would think. Some teams get all the luck.
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:46]
We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 1430 viewsWestSussexBlue

So what if we lost both games against Coventry and Hull?
We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:46 - Apr 6 with 1412 viewsGlasgowBlue

Before today, I thought we needed 4 wins from 6 to go up. That's now 4 wins in 5.

We've looked tired since the second half of the Blackburn game and having another midweek game is not ideal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:51 - Apr 6 with 1357 viewsChurchman

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:46 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Before today, I thought we needed 4 wins from 6 to go up. That's now 4 wins in 5.

We've looked tired since the second half of the Blackburn game and having another midweek game is not ideal.

At least the next two are at home. I agree with your maths though.
We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:59 - Apr 6 with 1225 viewsEdmundo

I'd agree we look tired, but bear in mind that Leeds and Leicester have been used to 38 game seasons for the last couple of years. Might have a bearing. I can see them both slipping up more than once.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 19:04 - Apr 6 with 1150 viewsMK1

Think we will need more than that, but nice to see some positivity on here.
We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 19:05 - Apr 6 with 1128 viewsChurchman

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:59 - Apr 6 by Edmundo

I'd agree we look tired, but bear in mind that Leeds and Leicester have been used to 38 game seasons for the last couple of years. Might have a bearing. I can see them both slipping up more than once.

Don’t they have better squad players though? FFP doesn’t apply certainly to Leicester, so surely things like eight more games isn’t going to matter. They should be stuffed full of high end £90k pw squad players.
We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 19:08 - Apr 6 with 1078 viewsLord_Lucan

We are in the driving seat and we only need one of those two clubs to slip up. They both have some tough fixtures and if we win the next two home games then we are only three games away from the line.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 19:10 - Apr 6 with 1054 viewsITFCSG

We got lucky with Leeds today, however....... on 18:59 - Apr 6 by Edmundo

If Leicester make full use of their squad they will have no problem. Leeds players are probably fitter than us to be honest. Just look at Summerville and their back pairing of Ampadu and Rodon. They never seem to tire even though they are omnipresent every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024