Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12.30 KOs.... 14:33 - Apr 6 with 1183 viewsSimonds92

I think the idea we struggle with them was shut down but how many 12.30 games have we played and what's our points return from them this season? Have we won one?! We're always miles off it with an early kick off.
12.30 KOs.... on 14:37 - Apr 6 with 1135 viewsiamatractorboy

Lost today
Lost away at Leeds
Drew home to Norwich
Lost at Cardiff

Can't think of any more off the top of my head. So all in all, dreadful.

The good news is, the final day is at 12.30, so a good time to put it right and clinch promotion!!!
12.30 KOs.... on 14:39 - Apr 6 with 1118 viewsTommy_ITFC

12.30 KOs.... on 14:37 - Apr 6 by iamatractorboy

Lost today
Lost away at Leeds
Drew home to Norwich
Lost at Cardiff

The good news is, the final day is at 12.30, so a good time to put it right and clinch promotion!!!

Drew to wba
12.30 KOs.... on 14:39 - Apr 6 with 1117 viewsRonFearonsHair

Lost today
Lost away at Leeds
Drew home to Norwich
Lost at Cardiff

Maidstone.
Which was very similar to today.
12.30 KOs.... on 22:27 - Apr 6 with 1006 viewsTommy_ITFC

12.30 KOs.... on 14:39 - Apr 6 by RonFearonsHair

Maidstone.
Which was very similar to today.

Except we completely dominated maidstone and should've won 10-0 , today we didn't even deserve to score. Scum outplayed us , maidstone didnt.
12.30 KOs.... on 22:28 - Apr 6 with 991 viewsJammyDodgerrr

12:30 games are just awful for everyone really. Pretty much the only complaint from Klopp I can get behind. Need scrapping.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

12.30 KOs.... on 22:29 - Apr 6 with 986 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lost today
Lost away at Leeds
Drew home to Norwich
Lost at Cardiff

Even better day to be already promoted and not have to need a win!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

12.30 KOs.... on 22:39 - Apr 6 with 948 viewsTonytown

12.30 KOs.... on 22:29 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Even better day to be already promoted and not have to need a win!

That’s pretty unlikely now
12.30 KOs.... on 22:54 - Apr 6 with 890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

12.30 KOs.... on 22:39 - Apr 6 by Tonytown

That’s pretty unlikely now

Why?

If we win our next 4 (we recently won 6 on the trot), Leeds would only need to lose 1 or fail to win 2 of them and we are there.

It's not what I predict but it's certainly feasible.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

12.30 KOs.... on 23:58 - Apr 6 with 774 viewsbournemouthblue

12.30 KOs.... on 22:27 - Apr 6 by Tommy_ITFC

Except we completely dominated maidstone and should've won 10-0 , today we didn't even deserve to score. Scum outplayed us , maidstone didnt.

I would say that Maidstone adopted a similar approach though, with far lower quality players and robbed a result

For me, we have struggled with sides who have set up similar to Norwich today

West Brom away
Preston away (for a half, albeit everything went their way)
Maidstone

And even Leeds but they have far more quality and ripped us apart as a result

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

12.30 KOs.... on 07:48 - Apr 7 with 640 viewsBlueBoots

I'm glad someone else has spotted the 12:30 KO curse...full record this season:

Norwich (H) 2-2
Leeds (A) 0-4
AFC Wimbledon (A) 3-1
Maidstone (H) 1-2
West Brom (H) 2-2
Cardiff (A) 1-2
Norwich (A) 0-1

So a cup win and defeat to lower division opposition, and W0, D2, L3 in the League.

It's not just the results, the performances have been pretty flat in most of those games (even the only win away to Wimbledon) We're normally pretty meticulous with our planning, so surprised it hasn't been picked up on to see if there are any tweaks we can make to pre match preparations to improve on this; when it comes down to fine margins, something like changing the squad arrival time, pre-match meal times etc. might be worth looking into.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

12.30 KOs.... on 08:16 - Apr 7 with 575 viewssurreyblue

12.30 KOs.... on 07:48 - Apr 7 by BlueBoots

I'm glad someone else has spotted the 12:30 KO curse...full record this season:

Norwich (H) 2-2
Leeds (A) 0-4
AFC Wimbledon (A) 3-1
Maidstone (H) 1-2
West Brom (H) 2-2
Cardiff (A) 1-2
Norwich (A) 0-1

So a cup win and defeat to lower division opposition, and W0, D2, L3 in the League.

It's not just the results, the performances have been pretty flat in most of those games (even the only win away to Wimbledon) We're normally pretty meticulous with our planning, so surprised it hasn't been picked up on to see if there are any tweaks we can make to pre match preparations to improve on this; when it comes down to fine margins, something like changing the squad arrival time, pre-match meal times etc. might be worth looking into.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't being thought about by the backroom team - just without a solution being found yet.

There is also a bit of a pattern forming of poor performances directly after big emotional late goals - we drew to QPR and lost to Maidstone after the two Leicester games, lost to Cardiff after the Brizzle game and now today after the Southampton game. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some mental fatigue within the team
12.30 KOs.... on 09:11 - Apr 7 with 501 viewsOldFart71

I'm sorry but don't see 12.30 kick off's as being any different to 3 p.m. or 7.30, 7.45 or 8 p.m. kick off's except that they are awkward for fans. Whatever time we should be ready. How do people get on who start at 4 a.m. or 6 a.m. and do that all week. If you listen to Terry Butcher and Russell Osman they had game upon game with little rest in between. Far worse pitches and one sub. The firefighters Town represent can't say if on call "Oh I'm not ready, can we start later" No excuse for a poor performance. At one time in my late twenties I worked a 72 hour week for months on end and I wasn't on 30 or 40 grand a week.
12.30 KOs.... on 09:18 - Apr 7 with 470 viewsITFC_Esquire

12.30 KOs.... on 09:11 - Apr 7 by OldFart71

I'm sorry but don't see 12.30 kick off's as being any different to 3 p.m. or 7.30, 7.45 or 8 p.m. kick off's except that they are awkward for fans. Whatever time we should be ready. How do people get on who start at 4 a.m. or 6 a.m. and do that all week. If you listen to Terry Butcher and Russell Osman they had game upon game with little rest in between. Far worse pitches and one sub. The firefighters Town represent can't say if on call "Oh I'm not ready, can we start later" No excuse for a poor performance. At one time in my late twenties I worked a 72 hour week for months on end and I wasn't on 30 or 40 grand a week.

Don’t think anyone’s making excuses, just an observation.

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

12.30 KOs.... on 09:33 - Apr 7 with 424 viewsSimonds92

12.30 KOs.... on 09:11 - Apr 7 by OldFart71

I'm not sure any of that is relevant to the fact we have 2 points from 5 games which were 12.30 KOs... 0.4 ppg. Throughout the rest of the season we've averaged 2.12 ppg. That might be an random anomaly but the fact is we've also been very very poor in those games. Whether it should or shouldn't have an impact is irrelevant, the stats prove that it does.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024