Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? 20:43 - Apr 3 with 732 viewsKeno

Many years ago when I was young and had hair before an Ipswich Norwich game I seem to recall the then Norwich manager (John Bond) saying something like “the Ipswich team lacked magic”

Pilot had released a certain song a few months before

We started singing it at Carrow Road

We won 1-0 and kept singing it, along with a few other songs

Hopefully some other oldie on here will remember that as well

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 20:53 - Apr 3 with 643 viewsRIPbobby

Great story, one of those rare ones I have never heard.
Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:15 - Apr 3 with 573 viewsKeno

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 20:53 - Apr 3 by RIPbobby

Great story, one of those rare ones I have never heard.

Look Norwich were just as bias back then and John Bond was considered as a god by them

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:21 - Apr 3 with 554 viewsBotesdaleBlue

I remember this very clearly and have told a few fellow supporters about it recently and over the past years when I have been reminiscing about the two 5.0 victories I have seen over the budgies since I first watched Town in 1974.

Specifically, I clearly remember it being played when I was standing in the Churchmans, most certainly in response to John Bond's "magic" comments. I may be mistaken, but I'm sure the game was the 5.0 win in 1977, almost certainly played at full time to rub salt into the budgie wounds. I loved that song then and still do today as I love 1970's music and have Pilot's debut 1974 album "Pilot" which is excellent and contains this hit track.

Unhalfbricking

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:27 - Apr 3 with 525 viewsMK1

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:29 - Apr 3 with 514 viewsnorfsufblue

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:21 - Apr 3 by BotesdaleBlue

I remember this very clearly and have told a few fellow supporters about it recently and over the past years when I have been reminiscing about the two 5.0 victories I have seen over the budgies since I first watched Town in 1974.

Specifically, I clearly remember it being played when I was standing in the Churchmans, most certainly in response to John Bond's "magic" comments. I may be mistaken, but I'm sure the game was the 5.0 win in 1977, almost certainly played at full time to rub salt into the budgie wounds. I loved that song then and still do today as I love 1970's music and have Pilot's debut 1974 album "Pilot" which is excellent and contains this hit track.

But it's not a patch on .." Bringing on back the good times" by Love Affair which by now should be our Anthem... I might have mentioned this before!!
Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:29 - Apr 3 with 513 viewsKeno

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:21 - Apr 3 by BotesdaleBlue

YES! Thats right the original was before the home game, we won 5-0

I then remember being stood in Barclay singing very loudly when town were 1 up

That was a great day

Magic by Pilot Derby Day memories - an omen? on 21:31 - Apr 3 with 497 viewsColin_Viljoen

John "I'm as sick as a parrot Gerry" Bond
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024