Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game day good morning 08:20 - Apr 1 with 461 viewsPendejo

About to have brekky, s*it, shower and shave. Not at the same time I realise I have to add.

Travelling up early as Pendejo senior is now in a care home with Alzheimer's ravaging him. Have been warned by my sister that he's deteriorated since I last saw him (after Sheffield Wednesday game)

I've seen the ads, and have heard the experience of a good friend, but experiencing your own father not recognising you will be tough, and I will need a raucous win at PR as my medicine.

One. Game. At. A. Time.

But it's hard not to fantasize about the diamond encrusted golden dream at the end of the 7 game rainbow. It's been too long since the last near miss let alone actually appearing at that level.

I guess banter era hasn't done with us yet plonking us down with 3 parachute payment clubs that have shown some competence and desire to go back up first time... How early did Burnley get promoted last season IDK but it felt like before Oestre, feel free to correct me.

Southampton massive game, IF they win today and their 2 games in hand and all their other games... It's a four way fight for 2 places again. Other than them winning today it is needed as we want them interested in last day of season.

But if we can keep winning, it won't matter, that Cardiff defeat...

I haven't been to so many home games since I last had a ST that was 95/96, the season in which I moved away from Ipswich for the sake of a career, I'm on my 3rd different career since but not been able to find my way back to Ipswich to live.
If I won Euromillions I would definitely have a crash pad in the town but probably stay resident within 5 miles of where I live now.

Yes I guess that makes me a bandwagon jumper, 9-12 games a season hardly points to a fully committed fan, though, in my defence;-
96-00 lived in Manchester
00-02 Colombia
02-04 unemployed
04-20 worked weekends
20-21 COVID

Then some folks called Gamechanger came along, they then recruited McKenna, and something changed, for the better.

Carry on gentlemen, please.

But first comes dad. He was a semi-pro in his teens/early 20s, turned down pro contracts as he could earn more in his day job + football, than football alone. But he's same age and position as Bobby Moore, and West Ham were one of the teams he turned down. IF, that huge 2 letter word, he had gone pro? But there must be hundreds of blokes in this country who think that.
Dad is a Charlton fan but has now lived in Ipswich 52 years, was a ST at PR for many during Robson's Reign and was a big fan of Big Al. When Ipswich play Charlton he can't lose. Though I don't think last season's 6-0 was quite what he meant...

COYB!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Game day good morning on 08:26 - Apr 1 with 421 viewsBlueBoots

Enjoy the game, and hope things go OK with the visit to dad; b@stard of an illness.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Game day good morning on 10:07 - Apr 1 with 326 viewsMK1

Feel for you. A right b1tch of an illness.
Town win today will hopefully lift your spirits a little.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Game day good morning on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 204 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Really glad you got your raucous win, Pendejo!

I mean, that was proper fcking raucous!

I hope your visit to your Dad had some bright moments in amongst the difficulty, too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024