Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess could play Friday... 09:05 - Mar 26 with 1325 viewsBuffaloBill

The way this game is going he's hardly touched the ball, the Lebos are awful. He'll be fresh as, hopefully a First Clsss flight home will help too!

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Burgess could play Friday... on 09:34 - Mar 26 with 1229 viewsDennyx4

Think it will depend on how quickly he is on a flight home.

My gut feeling is that Edmundson will start on Friday.
Burgess could play Friday... on 09:42 - Mar 26 with 1199 viewsiamipswich

I think someone delved deep into the flight schedules and worked out that he couldn't get back to the UK until Thursday at the earliest anyway.

Fully expect Fridge to start.

Poll: Who will return first?

Burgess could play Friday... on 09:56 - Mar 26 with 1139 viewsRegencyBlue

Davis on his debut had come back from Australia a few days before. That didn’t go so well!

I may be wrong but I’d say Edmundson will be a guaranteed starter on Friday.
Burgess could play Friday... on 10:40 - Mar 26 with 1012 viewsElderGrizzly

Burgess could play Friday... on 09:42 - Mar 26 by iamipswich

I think someone delved deep into the flight schedules and worked out that he couldn't get back to the UK until Thursday at the earliest anyway.

Fully expect Fridge to start.

Yep, with timezones/schedules etc, he won't be landing on a commercial flight until the early hours of Thursday.

And we won't be paying £180k+ to charter a plane for him.
Burgess could play Friday... on 10:49 - Mar 26 with 965 viewsSitfcB

Burgess could play Friday... on 10:40 - Mar 26 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, with timezones/schedules etc, he won't be landing on a commercial flight until the early hours of Thursday.

No but all the clubs with players out there may have chipped in for one?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Burgess could play Friday... on 11:07 - Mar 26 with 907 viewsxrayspecs

No chance. I would not expect him to be in the squad for Friday.

He will take a few days to recover from trip once back in the UK. He may not play Monday either.
Burgess could play Friday... on 12:33 - Mar 26 with 728 viewspointofblue

It's annoying the game was held in Canberra as I believe Lebanon were the home team. It was moved because of the crisis in the Middle East. It's a shame it wasn't moved to a neutral venue... like Portman Road or Ewood Park.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess could play Friday... on 12:34 - Mar 26 with 723 viewsArnieM

Hell be jet lagged ...whether he's played much or not.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Burgess could play Friday... on 13:05 - Mar 26 with 642 viewsBuffaloBill

Burgess could play Friday... on 10:40 - Mar 26 by ElderGrizzly

He'll fly out weds morning (no reason stay any longer) leave Sydney early and he'll be back in the uk (being 11hrs ahead) weds eve (uk time) He has a few days to get sorted.

I'm just saying it's perfectly feasible it's whether he is fresh enough of course.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Burgess could play Friday... on 13:10 - Mar 26 with 629 viewsArnieM

Burgess could play Friday... on 13:05 - Mar 26 by BuffaloBill

He'll fly out weds morning (no reason stay any longer) leave Sydney early and he'll be back in the uk (being 11hrs ahead) weds eve (uk time) He has a few days to get sorted.

I'm just saying it's perfectly feasible it's whether he is fresh enough of course.

..then travel up to Blackburn to catch up with the squad! His body clock will be all over the place. I doubt he'll play tbh . If he did, what state will he be in for a tough game ? Not ideal preparation however you want to view it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Burgess could play Friday... on 13:26 - Mar 26 with 577 viewsElderGrizzly

Burgess could play Friday... on 13:05 - Mar 26 by BuffaloBill

There is only one commercial flight that gets you back to the UK in one calendar day.
Leaves Sydney at 6am (so a 3am check-in) and then lands at 18:20 into London assuming you make your 1hr connection in Dubai.

So it could be done, I just can't see that he would do it and leave himself jaded. I'd rather we use Edmundson Friday and Burgess is back vs Saints.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024