Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta 09:33 - Mar 25 with 969 viewsartsbossbeard

Waikiki, Honolulu

Any must do's? Pearl Harbour, a mountain hike and an island tour are on the list but any other options gratefully received.

Any downtown sports bars where a Town fan could enjoy a lunchtime ice cold beer whilst watching the Watford game recommendations?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 09:57 - Mar 25 with 918 viewstextbackup

If you happen to see Kate Beckinsale when in Pearl Harbour tell her I said hi, she’ll know what I mean by that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 10:05 - Mar 25 with 899 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 09:57 - Mar 25 by textbackup

If you happen to see Kate Beckinsale when in Pearl Harbour tell her I said hi, she’ll know what I mean by that.

I still think that my restraining order applies overseas too.

I'll have to shout it, hope that's ok?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 13:29 - Mar 25 with 738 viewstextbackup

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 10:05 - Mar 25 by artsbossbeard

I still think that my restraining order applies overseas too.

I'll have to shout it, hope that's ok?

As long as there’s a hint of a Suffolk twang she’ll know it’s from me 👍

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 16:06 - Mar 25 with 671 viewsFixed_It

We went last summer. Fantastic place. Definitely hire a car and explore the island. Also take one of the catamaran excursions off the beach at Waikiki. We found some excellent spots for snorkelling off the east coast, and the west coat (windward coast) was simply stunning. There's an extinct volcano at the end of the beach (the name of which escapes me) which is a good hike and affords excellent views - but you need to book a 'slot' online as they restrict numbers. There's a rooftop restaurant we went to in Honolulu which was excellent - but alas I can't help you re Sports Bar showing football. And if you get the chance to order 'Ahi', which is the local tuna dish, absolutely go for it. But be aware that Hawaìi is not cheap - just about everything is imported and the prices reflect that.
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
[Post edited 25 Mar 17:05]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 16:43 - Mar 25 with 632 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 16:06 - Mar 25 by Fixed_It

We went last summer. Fantastic place. Definitely hire a car and explore the island. Also take one of the catamaran excursions off the beach at Waikiki. We found some excellent spots for snorkelling off the east coast, and the west coat (windward coast) was simply stunning. There's an extinct volcano at the end of the beach (the name of which escapes me) which is a good hike and affords excellent views - but you need to book a 'slot' online as they restrict numbers. There's a rooftop restaurant we went to in Honolulu which was excellent - but alas I can't help you re Sports Bar showing football. And if you get the chance to order 'Ahi', which is the local tuna dish, absolutely go for it. But be aware that Hawaìi is not cheap - just about everything is imported and the prices reflect that.
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
[Post edited 25 Mar 17:05]

That's brilliant! Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Worst case scenario, I can watch the game in the hotel room, so no biggy.

Some great tips there - cheers!!

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 18:09 - Mar 25 with 533 viewstcfc

Its been a few years! But, these wont age.
100% do a round the island tour. The history and myth of the place is amazing. Do it as early in your trip as you can so... when you hire a car (a MUST), you can revisit places you liked the look of. I could write loads so pm me if you like but things I wouldn't miss if i went back...
Visit Waialua and go to Matsumoto's shave Ice (bring me back a T-shirt!)
Spend a day on the North Shore do some research on the breaks. Sunset is a good start. but walk and walk the beaches, they don't get boring! I hope the waves are pumping but probably a bit late in the year now.
Visit Wiamea, there's a place up the river where they do a diving show, cant recall the name.
Defo go to the Polynesian Cultural centre. Its easier if you travel under your own steam.
Dole Pineapple Plantation - amazing Pineapple Ice-Cream.
As your man said, Diamond Head volcano. there was a trip you could get a lift up and freewheel a bike down, never got round to it but...
defo do a Luau party. very traditional and a must. Royal Hawaiian had a great one and an iconic venue.
I could go on. hoping to get back there in the next couple of years, have heard its got really expensive as most of the States so you'll have to let me know. I'll stop now!
[Post edited 25 Mar 18:27]
TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 18:22 - Mar 25 with 511 viewsFixed_It

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 18:09 - Mar 25 by tcfc

100% do a round the island tour. The history and myth of the place is amazing. Do it as early in your trip as you can so... when you hire a car (a MUST), you can revisit places you liked the look of. I could write loads so pm me if you like but things I wouldn't miss if i went back...
Spend a day on the North Shore do some research on the breaks. Sunset is a good start. but walk and walk the beaches, they don't get boring! I hope the waves are pumping but probably a bit late in the year now.
Visit Wiamea, there's a place up the river where they do a diving show, cant recall the name.
Defo go to the Polynesian Cultural centre. Its easier if you travel under your own steam.
As your man said, Diamond Head volcano. there was a trip you could get a lift up and freewheel a bike down, never got round to it but...
defo do a Luau party. very traditional and a must. Royal Hawaiian had a great one and an iconic venue.
I could go on. hoping to get back there in the next couple of years, have heard its got really expensive as most of the States so you'll have to let me know. I'll stop now!

Diamond Head - that's the one. Cheers

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 19:01 - Mar 25 with 451 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD World Travellers - look away, Greta on 18:09 - Mar 25 by tcfc

Fantastic! Thanks a bunch for this.

Car hire sorted for day 2 now..

Super!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024