Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna to manage England 21:32 - Mar 23 with 1370 viewsSitfcB

In a few years once he’s done here.

That way most of us can still enjoy him

And we’d have supplied England with their three best ever managers.

[Post edited 23 Mar 21:43]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna to manage England on 21:36 - Mar 23 with 1331 viewsbournemouthblue

Succeeding Klopp?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

McKenna to manage England on 21:38 - Mar 23 with 1326 viewsSitfcB

McKenna to manage England on 21:36 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

Succeeding Klopp?

Cor imagine the Liverpool fans reaction to him managing England!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna to manage England on 00:33 - Mar 24 with 1133 viewsbournemouthblue

McKenna to manage England on 21:38 - Mar 23 by SitfcB

Cor imagine the Liverpool fans reaction to him managing England!

It would be worth it for that alone!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

McKenna to manage England on 00:45 - Mar 24 with 1124 viewsFreddies_Ears

McKenna to manage England on 00:33 - Mar 24 by bournemouthblue

It would be worth it for that alone!

I'm not sure the kind of people offended by the continuation of the tradition of recolourising / redesigning the St George's flag would take all that well to a German taking charge. Worth it for the bantz, surely?
McKenna to manage England on 13:31 - Mar 24 with 827 viewsDJR

With his Irish heritage, I can't see him wanting to manage England but never say never.

As it is, a stepping stone might be the Celtic job because that would bring with it the pressure of managing a very big club, but without the same challenges on the footballing front.
McKenna to manage England on 16:42 - Mar 24 with 722 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna to manage England on 13:31 - Mar 24 by DJR

With his Irish heritage, I can't see him wanting to manage England but never say never.

As it is, a stepping stone might be the Celtic job because that would bring with it the pressure of managing a very big club, but without the same challenges on the footballing front.

McKenna wants to manage at the highest possible level and standard. The SPL would be a step down in both.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna to manage England on 17:55 - Mar 24 with 631 viewsArnoldMoorhen

A Celtic manager from Northern Ireland taking the England job is even less likely!

Neil Lennon had to stop playing for Northern Ireland whilst a Celtic player due to receiving credible death threats:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68038685

There is no way that Kieran could become Celtic manager then casually announce that he was leaving them to take the England job!
McKenna to manage England on 17:58 - Mar 24 with 628 viewsArnoldMoorhen

A Celtic manager from Northern Ireland taking the England job is even less likely!

Neil Lennon had to stop playing for Northern Ireland whilst a Celtic player due to receiving credible death threats:

There is no way that Kieran could become Celtic manager then casually announce that he was leaving them to take the England job!
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna to manage England on 18:02 - Mar 24 with 613 viewsMK1

He will never be England manager. He will one day be Man Utd manager, but not for a while yet.
McKenna to manage England on 18:05 - Mar 24 with 603 viewsWeWereZombies

McKenna to manage England on 17:58 - Mar 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

However, the Celtic job (sorry Badger but it is one of the biggest ones around) could be a useful bridge to another international manager (or coach) róle, that of the United States. Maybe that is why all that American money is arriving so freely in Town ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

McKenna to manage England on 18:28 - Mar 24 with 564 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Not a chance. He’ll manage Ipswich to great success in the Premiership. (Survival, then mid -table, then top 10.) Then he will accept a ‘top job ‘ in English or European club football, earning numerous national and Champions’ League trophies . Then when he is semi -retired he’ll lead a United Ireland team ( it’s coming, inevitably ) in qualifying for a World Cup. And then he’ll come to his final resting place in the sinecure of Director of Football back in Ipswich. When Town eventually own their own ground it will be ‘The Mckenna Stadium’, adorned with statues and busts of the greatest football manager the British Isles have ever produced.
Thus it is written. Thus it shall be!
[Post edited 24 Mar 18:49]

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024