Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So I think the summary of today’s news is 20:31 - Mar 22 with 438 viewsDarkBrandon

that we’ve diversified the investor base to secure our medium term plans.

We haven’t got £105m to fund us through the next couple of transfer windows and go shoot-or-bust for a PL push. Instead we’ve raised the capital to cover our losses and take our spending to the maximum permitted for a number of years, while spending a chunk on infrastructure. Training ground, cat one etc.

The new money will come in as a share purchase. Three lions have also invested more money, ORG haven’t, and are having their equity diluted as a result. This is entirely normal. They wouldn’t want to fund us solely forever, and the other investors will bring skills and contacts over and above the money.

£105m is a lot … but I’d have thought we will burn through it in 3-4 years. Nevertheless having the medium term funding secured is a significant step, and those of us (and opposing fans) who worried about our ability to fund ourselves should we not get promoted should be reassured (or disappointed).

I don’t think this is going to be enough to fund a new Cobbold stand though. That will require a lot more planning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024