Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all 06:49 - Mar 10 with 2614 viewsbillabasblue

It’s the manor of the defeat which is unacceptable, no promotion chasing side should ever be lose a game after leading in the 95th minute , it’s almost impossible to fathom how this can happen ! Our defending unfortunately is our Achilles heel and is the only reason that we may not go up this season

If we lose the game 2-1 in the 70th minute and battle hard to come back but don’t there wouldn’t be anywhere near the amount of hysteria , we need to get rid of this imposter syndrome and forget all this league 1 side rubbish we are bang in the middle of a promotion race which we deserve to be in and the mentality from fans shouldn’t be that we’re just happy to be taking part we as supporters have EVERY right to expect our side to have won that game yesterday not bottling it the way we did.

Minimum 7 wins from last 9 is needed now to have any chance of top two, tall order but we have to go for it and worst ways we make the playoffs as the form side.
[Post edited 10 Mar 6:53]
Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 13:59 - Mar 10 with 464 viewsbillabasblue

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 13:16 - Mar 10 by Vegtablue

We've been "mentality monsters" since spring 22/23, haven't we? Most points gained from losing positions, most goals scored from 76' etc.. You've correctly identified the shortcoming but have wrongly attributed it to mentality. It came down to decisions and application. Notions of "acceptability" are a laugh, to be honest. It's gut-wrenching when it happens and we need to learn as much as we can, to minimise the prospect of this happening again. But obviously we'll be continuing with the squad and squad attitude that we've worked hard to foster.

I'm sure your middle paragraph is intended as a rallying cry, but the reality is we've supported pretty well at home and away this season. There was one instance by my recollection of "we've got the ball" rubbish but otherwise we've been pushing the team on.

As to your final paragraph, the squad will keep striving of course, pushing hard for all the points they can get. If we don't achieve your minimum requirement of 7 there's a decent chance it will be playoffs for us, in which case you'll need to strengthen your resolve should you decide to attend any fixtures. We need to be confident for them as a fanbase, however we arrive there (should we arrive there). We'll regret it otherwise, just roar them on.

As good as we have been all season you could also argue that the three most embarrassing results of the season for any championship sides have all been ours

Leeds 4-0 by context of how it was the two top sides competing and how vastly inferior we were
Maidstone no explanation needed
Yesterday (I haven’t seen any one else lose this season after winning at the 95 minute mark , happy to be corrected however as my memory isn’t the best )

We have to aim for the top 2 and just keep winning , if we end up in the play offs we are likely to be playing our opponents in the league before the end of the season and it’s crucial we show up for those games as psychology and mentality plays a huge part in big time sport !
Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 14:28 - Mar 10 with 415 viewspointofblue

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 13:59 - Mar 10 by billabasblue

As good as we have been all season you could also argue that the three most embarrassing results of the season for any championship sides have all been ours

Leeds 4-0 by context of how it was the two top sides competing and how vastly inferior we were
Yesterday (I haven’t seen any one else lose this season after winning at the 95 minute mark , happy to be corrected however as my memory isn’t the best )

We have to aim for the top 2 and just keep winning , if we end up in the play offs we are likely to be playing our opponents in the league before the end of the season and it’s crucial we show up for those games as psychology and mentality plays a huge part in big time sport !

Interesting you name the games there which were all Saturday 12.30pm kick offs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 14:49 - Mar 10 with 375 viewsbillabasblue

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 14:28 - Mar 10 by pointofblue

Interesting you name the games there which were all Saturday 12.30pm kick offs.

As much as I hate these stupid varied kick off times and much prefer a 3pm Saturday my game we still have to turn up in them and if other sides can get results why can’t we ? I feel these three being 1230 kick offs are more of a coincidence than a trend of any sort
Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 14:50 - Mar 10 with 375 viewsVegtablue

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 13:59 - Mar 10 by billabasblue

You're reading it from an entirely Ipswich perspective, aren't you, for the league results and performances?

I don't have a clue on winning-to-losing in the last 5 minutes of a match, won't be investing the time to find out lol. It was a game in which they created more than we did, though, and in which we defended poorly again. We didn't really create enough to score a goal yesterday, it came via a great strike and no big chances.

Is any other club going to have the 0-4 or 2-1 near the top of their most embarrassing list? Not a chance except for Norwich. Leeds were 1/2 favourites or similar for the home game and demonstrated why. It was more a case of fans' general thoughts being confirmed than shock or embarrassment. Norwich losing 6-2 to Plymouth and Southampton losing 5-0 to Sunderland were more embarrassing. They were both favourites to win at the time, while we were 3/1+.

Agree we're totally focused on gaining as many points as possible, 100%, but the season will conclude and we'll then need to party or fight. If it's the latter, we need to be mentally strong enough to remove whatever negative baggage may appear in the room. Accepting psychological defeat is the loser's mentality, in the event our hypothetical opponent holds a recent positive result/performance against us. Our players are stronger than that and so should we be.
Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 14:58 - Mar 10 with 357 viewspointofblue

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 14:49 - Mar 10 by billabasblue

As much as I hate these stupid varied kick off times and much prefer a 3pm Saturday my game we still have to turn up in them and if other sides can get results why can’t we ? I feel these three being 1230 kick offs are more of a coincidence than a trend of any sort

Not sure if we've won a Saturday 12:30 in the league. Drew against Norwich and West Brom on top of the defeats to Leeds and Cardiff. We've lost seven times in all competitions this year - two of those at 3pm, one at 5:30pm, one on a weekday evening and three at 12:30pm. Think perhaps it's getting used to the different kick off times after so long in League One where the majority of games were at 3pm.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 15:23 - Mar 10 with 339 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Defeat happens and is not the issue here at all on 10:02 - Mar 10 by billabasblue

I think it’s far beyond a “bad day at the office “ yes we have been exceptional but do we just now say we’ve done really well so far so if we win we win or if we lose we lose ?? The mentality needs to be solid and less flaky

Get your mum to put a sheet of plastic on your mattress then have your bed linen on top of the plastic. This will prolong the useful life of the mattress by preventing frequent soaking.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024