Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned today 16:17 - Mar 9 with 955 viewsnodge_blue

1. Look that's tough to take. But we didn't play very well over the 90 minutes. It felt like we lacked fluency. Passes not connecting. We have to take it on the chin.

2. We may not get automatics. Probably won't. But this is still a building season. I think the doubt may be could we repeat and even better it next year. Im not sure we can better it in points but maybe we can become more solid.

3. Our achilles heel all season has been we concede far too many. I don't know what the answer is here. If we defend more solidly at the back then maybe Davis isn't getting forward as much. Maybe we cant have our cake and eat it. But I think we have to tighten up. Our clearances were poor. I do wonder if Burgess and Wolf will be our pairing 12 months on. Something feels like it needs to change defensively. We don't stop enough crosses and we don't deal with them well enough.

4. I would like to see Taylor getting a run in the starting line up. Massimo for me has been a touch quiet and Morsy looks like he is shouldering most of that centre midfield area.

5. I think today is just football. We weren't quite at it. Cardiff have won 4 on the bounce and were at home. And Kieron is right, its fine margins that are winning games in a tough league. Today we were the wrong side of them.

6. Id still take this than the dross we had for many seasons. We aren't far off.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learned today on 16:21 - Mar 9 with 895 viewsgainsboroughblue

The annoying thing is that we are often getting multiple chances at getting the ball away and not managing it.

I know he had several blows to the head and everything and it was probably right he went off, but Moore going off didn't help us. He was winning balls in the air just before the centre circle which allowed us to regroup and push them up a bit.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What we learned today on 16:28 - Mar 9 with 843 viewspointofblue

What we learned today on 16:21 - Mar 9 by gainsboroughblue

The annoying thing is that we are often getting multiple chances at getting the ball away and not managing it.

I know he had several blows to the head and everything and it was probably right he went off, but Moore going off didn't help us. He was winning balls in the air just before the centre circle which allowed us to regroup and push them up a bit.

One thing to remember is Moore was one of our poorest players against Bristol City on Tuesday yet he was a key conduit today. So those who were quiet today, and there were many, could always bounce back next week.

And look what happened after every other defeat this season. Possibly Leeds away aside where we went through a blip.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What we learned today on 16:37 - Mar 9 with 777 viewsbadadski

I think our problem is stopping the supply come in - why are we allowing so much time for players to get the cross in - it must be a tactic to defend the crosses for the amount of times we are allowing the player on the ball to put a cross in. Corner you can nothing about that but the first goal - so much time on the ball - not sure who the player was but he stood off him when about 5 yards out - should have been closing down - charging at him - at least make him take you on .

Also noticed how much more pedestrian we are as the season has gone on. How many times we were breaking to even end up with it back to the keeper - it was like watching England play .

A lot of passes were behind the intended players, lots of miss controls not wining second ball - just a bad game over all - we have no define right to win every game but it’s frustrating when I know we can play .

Overall I think the weight of expectations is getting to the players.
What we learned today on 23:12 - Mar 9 with 477 viewsreusersfreekicks

Spot on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024