Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't remember this feeling! 14:40 - Mar 9 with 758 viewsNutkins_Return

Feeling angry at the team. Absolutely shambolic defending.

This team have so much credit in the bank though. We have got to use this and have a big reaction against Sheffield Wednesday and not lose the focus and mentality we've built up.
Can't remember this feeling! on 14:50 - Mar 9 with 708 viewsMVBlue

I'm hoping it brings to them a core understanding of how to manage a game in these 90+ minute periods. Not the first time its happened in 18 months. When in an important game and it moves to the closing stages, with a desperate team with new subs facing them, the whole unit needs to understand how to see the game out.
That might mean simply kicking the ball out often to break up play, then moving the ball up the wing, into the middle, back to the wing, back to defence, back to the middle and repeat. Need to spoil their play at that stage.
[Post edited 9 Mar 14:52]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Can't remember this feeling! on 15:11 - Mar 9 with 632 viewsNutkins_Return

Can't remember this feeling! on 14:50 - Mar 9 by MVBlue

I'm hoping it brings to them a core understanding of how to manage a game in these 90+ minute periods. Not the first time its happened in 18 months. When in an important game and it moves to the closing stages, with a desperate team with new subs facing them, the whole unit needs to understand how to see the game out.
That might mean simply kicking the ball out often to break up play, then moving the ball up the wing, into the middle, back to the wing, back to defence, back to the middle and repeat. Need to spoil their play at that stage.

Yes but at the same time we've got so many points late on so we're still well in credit when it comes to how we have finished matches.
Can't remember this feeling! on 15:18 - Mar 9 with 588 viewsghostofescobar

I don’t feel angry, and I was there. A team of heroes still in my eyes. Agree there is much, much credit in the bank. It’s not going to be perfect every game. If anyone is angry at this team they should p1ss off, go to a dark room and grow up.

GhostOfEscobar

Can't remember this feeling! on 15:37 - Mar 9 with 505 viewsChurchman

Can't remember this feeling! on 14:50 - Mar 9 by MVBlue

I take it you chose 18 months as your timescale to fit in Charlton away. Nice one.

The reality is that we have won or salvaged many a point late on. Controlling the last part of games is really something we’ve been good at even if we weren’t today.

McKenna’s interview is worth listening to on how he saw the game.

Let’s hope for a good reaction next week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024