Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six wins from the final 11 14:51 - Mar 3 with 4143 viewstextbackup

Sees us over the line, doesn’t it?!
93 points…

Maybe Chuck a draw or 3 in there too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:52 - Mar 3 with 1085 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:45 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

Scarily, we need to finish in similar vein to last year. With no disrespect to League One, our opponents are much tougher this season.

The only points we dropped were Easter Monday I believe. It will likely be impossible to achieve that at this level but 7+ wins and a few other results will give us a chance.
Six wins from the final 11 on 16:53 - Mar 3 with 1079 viewsBiGDonnie

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:41 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does the current form put us top with Leicester 4th?

Not long ago the form would have put us well behind with Leicester and Southampton well clear of Leeds.

Form changes quickly. We need to keep winning.

Not entirely sure, but if current 10 game form continues, us and Leeds finish top two.

Winning our net four seems crucial, Bristol, Cardiff, Wednesday and Blackburn.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:55 - Mar 3 with 1075 viewsHerbivore

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:45 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

Scarily, we need to finish in similar vein to last year. With no disrespect to League One, our opponents are much tougher this season.

Couple of things to take heart from, in addition to the fact we've done this before under pressure. First, if we mirror the results we had in the corresponding fixtures over our remaining games we would win 9 and draw 2. Similarly, if we can end the season as strongly as we started it, we'd win 9, draw 1 and lose 1. It'll be tough but what we need to do isn't outside this squad's capability. Just keep approaching each game in the right way, fully focused on winning each one, and let the rest take care of itself.
[Post edited 3 Mar 17:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Six wins from the final 11 on 17:05 - Mar 3 with 1036 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:55 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Couple of things to take heart from, in addition to the fact we've done this before under pressure. First, if we mirror the results we had in the corresponding fixtures over our remaining games we would win 9 and draw 2. Similarly, if we can end the season as strongly as we started it, we'd win 9, draw 1 and lose 1. It'll be tough but what we need to do isn't outside this squad's capability. Just keep approaching each game in the right way, fully focused on winning each one, and let the rest take care of itself.
[Post edited 3 Mar 17:09]

The scary part is not being able to slip up in games we should win. I mean of course twists and turns but one dodgy result from anyone likely puts a lot of pressure on. I genuinely believe we have a good chance to take near maximum points for the rest of the month and I’m convinced a couple of the other three won’t do the same. If we can get 10 or 12 before Southampton at home I believe we will have a great chance to get promoted automatically. Any less then April looks very challenging.

I will leave the one game at a time to the team, it’s hard to not have a bit of fun with this.
Six wins from the final 11 on 17:13 - Mar 3 with 996 viewsHerbivore

Six wins from the final 11 on 17:05 - Mar 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The scary part is not being able to slip up in games we should win. I mean of course twists and turns but one dodgy result from anyone likely puts a lot of pressure on. I genuinely believe we have a good chance to take near maximum points for the rest of the month and I’m convinced a couple of the other three won’t do the same. If we can get 10 or 12 before Southampton at home I believe we will have a great chance to get promoted automatically. Any less then April looks very challenging.

I will leave the one game at a time to the team, it’s hard to not have a bit of fun with this.

We'd have said similar last year though and we drew with Cheltenham but won at Barnsley and Peterborough. Admittedly this level is a step up, but we've made that step up. If we win our next four, and they do all look winnable on paper, that'd be 9 wins on the spin and one short of the record for consecutive wins at this level. Big ask. I'd be surprised to see us lose in the next four but a draw is possible and wouldn't be the end of the world.

Six wins from the final 11 on 17:23 - Mar 3 with 952 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Six wins from the final 11 on 17:13 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

We'd have said similar last year though and we drew with Cheltenham but won at Barnsley and Peterborough. Admittedly this level is a step up, but we've made that step up. If we win our next four, and they do all look winnable on paper, that'd be 9 wins on the spin and one short of the record for consecutive wins at this level. Big ask. I'd be surprised to see us lose in the next four but a draw is possible and wouldn't be the end of the world.

Yeah, whoever the opposition to win that many in the spin is a big ask. Would probably take 10 points now if offered. Leeds are in denial a bit that they’ve got 28 out of 30 are behind us.
Six wins from the final 11 on 17:55 - Mar 3 with 880 viewsStewart27

It’s such a moot argument.

We could lose 10 of our next 11 games and go up. We’re in an incredible battle - not one seen a lot in the championship.

We may need 90. We may need 100. We may need 110.
Six wins from the final 11 on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 850 viewsBlueBadger

33 POINTS 33 GOALS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Six wins from the final 11 on 18:10 - Mar 3 with 844 viewsLord_Lucan

Six wins from the final 11 on 15:51 - Mar 3 by smithy69

Whatever happens - I’m not sure anyone could say we have “blown it”

Depends on your mindset I suppose.

Even if we lost every game from now we would still have done fantastically and the players and staff deserve a medal as big as a frying pan.

However, after being where we were, we would have blown it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Six wins from the final 11 on 18:26 - Mar 3 with 786 viewsHerbivore

Six wins from the final 11 on 17:55 - Mar 3 by Stewart27

It’s such a moot argument.

We could lose 10 of our next 11 games and go up. We’re in an incredible battle - not one seen a lot in the championship.

We may need 90. We may need 100. We may need 110.

We definitely won't need 110, Leeds can only get to 106.

Six wins from the final 11 on 18:29 - Mar 3 with 770 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Six wins from the final 11 on 18:26 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

We definitely won't need 110, Leeds can only get to 106.

And we, of course, can only get to 108.

Edited for spellig
[Post edited 3 Mar 18:51]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Six wins from the final 11 on 18:47 - Mar 3 with 737 viewsEuropablue

Six wins from the final 11 on 15:50 - Mar 3 by Chocorange

If you look at the first games this season against the remaining 11 opponents that we have , then we got 9;wins 2 draws and no defeats from those matches.

I’d take that !

I'd take that right now!
11 wins from the remaining 11 and we'll be promoted. Only Leicester can say the same, and the way they are playing, I can't see them getting anywhere close to that.
It would have been crazy to say it a few weeks ago, but it would not be a surprise if Leicester finished 3rd now. There is something wrong with the fanbase and the playing staff and manager. The amazing points total masked that a bit, but the fans were booing their players. The few times we have lost, I have straight away thought, that was an off day, but we'll put it right in the next match.
I think we shouldn't underestimate the power of everyone pulling in the same direction.
Six wins from the final 11 on 18:50 - Mar 3 with 728 viewsEuropablue

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:25 - Mar 3 by Simonds92

If we had a half decent championship striker available, we would have beaten qpr and stoke and be sat a point clear at the top.
If we do miss out, i really hope its by more than 4 points as it would be so frustrating.

Yes, but that is the luck of the draw. Every other team will be able to point to their own misfortune as to why they didn't get a higher points total.
Six wins from the final 11 on 19:24 - Mar 3 with 669 viewsKieran_Knows

Just game by game buh, game by game!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Six wins from the final 11 on 19:51 - Mar 3 with 630 viewsReusersTown

Six wins from the final 11 on 16:25 - Mar 3 by Simonds92

If we had a half decent championship striker available, we would have beaten qpr and stoke and be sat a point clear at the top.
If we do miss out, i really hope its by more than 4 points as it would be so frustrating.

Those are the 2 games I keep returning to as potentially season defining, through no real fault of our own!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024