Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got home 23:10 - Mar 2 with 1023 viewspennblue

Another great away day, this team just keeps giving.

Love the fact KM was pleased with the support today, he has his expectations of us, and we know what they need and when during a game. There is a special bond, a mutual respect between players, supporters and manager and that can only stand us in good stead for the remaining 11 games of the season.

It is certainly looking promising, I just hope we can keep this manager regardless of whether we go up or not this season. If we do, I can see us being much stronger again next season, and I just hope KM can see the benefits of staying with an upwardly mobile club that is in a very happy place.

[Post edited 2 Mar 23:11]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Just got home on 23:19 - Mar 2 with 953 viewsGarv

I'm clinging on to McKenna having a grand career plan and also knowing the trajectory we're on (largely because of him), and therefore not looking to jump at the first chance of a PL job.

If he's confident of getting the top job wants at some point, he shouldn't need to rush. That's probably naive because a manager's stock can plummet after a bad season, but I can't imagine him having one. He's also a baby in management terms.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just got home on 23:38 - Mar 2 with 875 viewsPlums

Just got home on 23:19 - Mar 2 by Garv

I'm clinging on to McKenna having a grand career plan and also knowing the trajectory we're on (largely because of him), and therefore not looking to jump at the first chance of a PL job.

If he's confident of getting the top job wants at some point, he shouldn't need to rush. That's probably naive because a manager's stock can plummet after a bad season, but I can't imagine him having one. He's also a baby in management terms.

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't already 'not jumped at the first chance of a PL job'. There are a number of potential suitors but all would require time and that's in short supply in the lower reaches of the PL.
Kieran's onto a good thing here and he will know from his time at Manure and Spurs what it takes to compete. If he can take us there (and I don't believe it needs to be this season), he can build something really special. I think (and hope) he knows that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Just got home on 23:43 - Mar 2 with 845 viewspennblue

Just got home on 23:38 - Mar 2 by Plums

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't already 'not jumped at the first chance of a PL job'. There are a number of potential suitors but all would require time and that's in short supply in the lower reaches of the PL.
Kieran's onto a good thing here and he will know from his time at Manure and Spurs what it takes to compete. If he can take us there (and I don't believe it needs to be this season), he can build something really special. I think (and hope) he knows that.

It does seem he must have put palace off, but Its not entirely clear how long he os prepared to wait to manage in the prem. only he knows that i guess and if we do not go up it may come down to what he considers a good alternative option for him assuming he gets offers

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Just got home on 01:12 - Mar 3 with 653 viewsbournemouthblue

Just got home on 23:43 - Mar 2 by pennblue

It does seem he must have put palace off, but Its not entirely clear how long he os prepared to wait to manage in the prem. only he knows that i guess and if we do not go up it may come down to what he considers a good alternative option for him assuming he gets offers

Palace in fairness have appointed a Europa League winner

McKenna's compensation is supposedly double what was originally reported too so that may have put Palace off, not that I think they are the right fit for him any way frankly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024