Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 Points Ahead of Scum 21:10 - Mar 2 with 4435 viewsDamster

Whatever happens this season … this a huge tipping point with 11 games to go…. Who would have imagined such a gulf at start of season. 😉
20 Points Ahead of Scum on 10:57 - Mar 3 with 969 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 10:50 - Mar 3 by NeedhamChris

How is "Whatever happens this season … this a huge tipping point" a fact?

Because we're 20 points ahead of them. That suggests we are now the better team. That's all he's talking about. They could always have a tipping point back to them at some point in the future, but right now we are the top team.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 962 viewsKeno

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 10:48 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I took it he meant the turning point in terms of the quality of the teams. A 20 point gap suggests our team does now have a lot more quality than theirs.

Your playoffs scenario could happen but that's a different point IMO.

I just wouldnt tempt fate

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:06 - Mar 3 with 943 viewsNeedhamChris

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 10:57 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Because we're 20 points ahead of them. That suggests we are now the better team. That's all he's talking about. They could always have a tipping point back to them at some point in the future, but right now we are the top team.

I don't know - seems like one of ours that is deeply obsessed with those up the road. Last five created threads have all been Norwich related, nothing else for nearly a year.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree on how it was intended. Let's just hope it ages better than this one...

“Top of the league at Portman Road” by Damster 12 Dec 2023 21:52
“Mind the gap. mind the gap, Norwich City
Mind the gap, mind the gap I say
Mind the gap, Mind the Gap Norwich City
Playing football the Ipswich Way”.

Not that I'm immune from a terrible take of course.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:15 - Mar 3 with 922 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 10:59 - Mar 3 by Keno

I just wouldnt tempt fate

There's no such thing my friend!

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:16 - Mar 3 with 913 viewsKeno

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:15 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

There's no such thing my friend!

Hopefully a comment like that wont come back and bite us!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:17 - Mar 3 with 908 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:06 - Mar 3 by NeedhamChris

I don't know - seems like one of ours that is deeply obsessed with those up the road. Last five created threads have all been Norwich related, nothing else for nearly a year.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree on how it was intended. Let's just hope it ages better than this one...

“Top of the league at Portman Road” by Damster 12 Dec 2023 21:52
“Mind the gap. mind the gap, Norwich City
Mind the gap, mind the gap I say
Mind the gap, Mind the Gap Norwich City
Playing football the Ipswich Way”.

Not that I'm immune from a terrible take of course.

Hmm, fair point, I didn't know his history.

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:29 - Mar 3 with 876 views_clive_baker_

If they don’t go up they’re fooked. Carried by a handful of players who have a decent resale value, such as Sargent, which they’ll likely have to cash in on while they’re in contract. I can see them being left with a squad of overpaid average plodders like Barnes who is on silly money for what he is, with no obvious demand for him from elsewhere.

It’s still an IF though, could yet get a playoff spot and go up, which will sort them out for the time being. It feels like a huge 3 months for them really, more so than us in terms of their reliance on promotion considering their financial position and cost base.

The derby looks set to be a big one, it would be regardless but I can’t see a world where it’s not a game with some real jeopardy for extra spice, given where both clubs are.
20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:30 - Mar 3 with 875 viewsBLUEBEAT

The return of Josh Sargent has certainly helped them turn a corner but relying on one player isn’t a particularly good stance. Especially with the Rowe lad out for the season.

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:38 - Mar 3 with 858 viewsbournemouthblue

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:30 - Mar 3 by BLUEBEAT

The return of Josh Sargent has certainly helped them turn a corner but relying on one player isn’t a particularly good stance. Especially with the Rowe lad out for the season.

It's much like us with Hirst, however we have replaced him now

We had a strong January that's for sure, we have a plan B too, that makes a massive difference

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 13:28 - Mar 3 with 786 viewsBent_double

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:29 - Mar 3 by _clive_baker_

If they don’t go up they’re fooked. Carried by a handful of players who have a decent resale value, such as Sargent, which they’ll likely have to cash in on while they’re in contract. I can see them being left with a squad of overpaid average plodders like Barnes who is on silly money for what he is, with no obvious demand for him from elsewhere.

It’s still an IF though, could yet get a playoff spot and go up, which will sort them out for the time being. It feels like a huge 3 months for them really, more so than us in terms of their reliance on promotion considering their financial position and cost base.

The derby looks set to be a big one, it would be regardless but I can’t see a world where it’s not a game with some real jeopardy for extra spice, given where both clubs are.

I think I heard on the highlights yesterday that it was their 5 win in a row at home, but saying that, they're not exactly dominating teams or blowing them away from what I can see.

Obviously I don't want them to even scrape into 6th place to give them a chance of promotion - the thought of having to play them another 1 or 2 times in the POs gives me nightmares.

Sensible money would be on a 1-1 or 2-2 draw at their place, but I don't think they realise how relentless we are, how we wear teams down, so would love to see a 95th+ minute winner, especially if that sends us top of the league.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 16:39 - Mar 3 with 720 viewsHipsterectomy

Way too early to celebrate anything. Imagine how much we'd be celebrating if we were 20-25+ points behind scum, yet kicked them out of the play offs.

No one would remember or ever care we were so far behind

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 19:09 - Mar 3 with 648 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Leaving aside the "tipping point" stuff...

Let's just say:

Norwich are closer to the relegation spots than they are to us.

Shockingly the team in 6th place with 11 games to go is also closer to the relegation spots than to automatic promotion.
20 Points Ahead of Scum on 19:22 - Mar 3 with 632 viewskeighleyblue

True, although honestly I could not give less of a toss
20 Points Ahead of Scum on 19:24 - Mar 3 with 616 viewsnrb1985

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:29 - Mar 3 by _clive_baker_

Just don’t see this at all.

As mentioned, Sarra, Sargeant and Rowe are all £20m players.

If they wanted to they could flog the lot, pay down or rollover whatever debt they have and still have money left to re invest.

We only really have Davis to sell and May face a fight to hold on to KM if we don’t go up. Way way to early to talk about us being bask in the ascendancy imo.
20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:22 - Mar 4 with 476 viewslizzibee

Brilliant isn't it and derby day will confirm WBA and Hull in the other two play off spots which will make our win there even better
20 Points Ahead of Scum on 11:51 - Mar 4 with 457 viewsberkstractorboy

20 Points Ahead of Scum on 19:24 - Mar 3 by nrb1985

Just don’t see this at all.

As mentioned, Sarra, Sargeant and Rowe are all £20m players.

If they wanted to they could flog the lot, pay down or rollover whatever debt they have and still have money left to re invest.

We only really have Davis to sell and May face a fight to hold on to KM if we don’t go up. Way way to early to talk about us being bask in the ascendancy imo.

Silly money season for transfers I think is largely over due to FFP seemingly having more impact on what PL teams will do. Clubs won't overspend on players now like they may have done 2 years ago. Norwich are not getting £20M for each of those players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024