Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess 22:05 - Feb 24 with 1412 viewsLeoMuff

4 wins in 4 since his return, we certainly do look more solid with him in there, a class act and something I never thought I would say in 21/22

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Burgess on 22:12 - Feb 24 with 1354 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah and how comfortable he is on the ball now. Also played some cracking pinpoint long balls down the line for Leif.

He’s had a great season, but I don’t think I totally appreciated him until he went away.
Burgess on 22:29 - Feb 24 with 1303 viewsBugs

I think Edmundson is a better defender than Burgess. Edmundson better on the ball, he's better at reading the game. He's better at distribution. He doesn't give the ball away cheaply as often.

Burgess is a bit better in the air, but most importantly what he gives us balance. He does that at a level that isn't very far from Edmundson's. Having a competent left-footed centre back on that left-side can not be underestimated in helping us in the way we play.
Burgess on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 1249 viewstextbackup

The Ozzie venus

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Burgess on 22:51 - Feb 24 with 1192 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Oh baby do you know what it's worth?
Cameron Burgess is the best on Earth
A big defender, he's just what we need
He's taking Ipswich to the Premier League
Burgess on 22:59 - Feb 24 with 1162 viewsSimonds92

I think to be honest there's just been a big drop off in the standard of the opposition. I don't think him coming back has been decisive personally. Not to say he hasn't been great but Edmundson was equally great when Burgess was out.
Burgess on 23:11 - Feb 24 with 1110 viewstractorshark

Burgess on 22:59 - Feb 24 by Simonds92

I think to be honest there's just been a big drop off in the standard of the opposition. I don't think him coming back has been decisive personally. Not to say he hasn't been great but Edmundson was equally great when Burgess was out.

I think that's fair comment although he is our most effective centre half. And being left-footed does give us much-needed balance.
Burgess on 08:09 - Feb 25 with 816 viewsChurchman

Burgess on 22:59 - Feb 24 by Simonds92

No, not decisive, but his return improves us a little in my view. Left footed, big, he complements Woolfenden best of the CHs we have.

I thought with Axel on the right how imposing the three of them looked. It’s not the best defence in the world, not least because of the adventurous way we play, but here we sit on 72 points after 34 games so it’s no time to complain.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:10]
Burgess on 08:25 - Feb 25 with 755 viewsReus30

Bit of a weird thread. OP makes a decent point and then every other response is basically a shrug with a 'yeah he's left footed but apart from that'.

Dude has been great all season long. Passing range and outlet ball has been brilliant, composure on and off the ball rubs off on the other defenders. Even today, he looked like he might get outpaced when facing his own goal near halfway, calm as anything he managed to deal with it.

From a signing where he might be third choice, every time I watch him, he doesn't put a foot wrong and is imperious. He's a brilliant defender and I think he could be decent at the next level too. Being an international footballer has probably helped too.

Not to say I don't like Fridge mind but Burgess is just different gravy these days.
Login to get fewer ads

Burgess on 08:31 - Feb 25 with 710 viewsLeoMuff

Burgess on 08:25 - Feb 25 by Reus30

Bit of a weird thread. OP makes a decent point and then every other response is basically a shrug with a 'yeah he's left footed but apart from that'.

Dude has been great all season long. Passing range and outlet ball has been brilliant, composure on and off the ball rubs off on the other defenders. Even today, he looked like he might get outpaced when facing his own goal near halfway, calm as anything he managed to deal with it.

From a signing where he might be third choice, every time I watch him, he doesn't put a foot wrong and is imperious. He's a brilliant defender and I think he could be decent at the next level too. Being an international footballer has probably helped too.

Not to say I don't like Fridge mind but Burgess is just different gravy these days.

Agree Fridge is ok, but not in Burgess class for me.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Burgess on 08:35 - Feb 25 with 683 viewsMK1

Burgess on 22:29 - Feb 24 by Bugs

I think Edmundson is a better defender than Burgess. Edmundson better on the ball, he's better at reading the game. He's better at distribution. He doesn't give the ball away cheaply as often.

Burgess is a bit better in the air, but most importantly what he gives us balance. He does that at a level that isn't very far from Edmundson's. Having a competent left-footed centre back on that left-side can not be underestimated in helping us in the way we play.

Burgess is better than Eddy. Eddy did ok at the beginning when Burgess went away, but started to fade in the last 3 I thought. Burgess is the better player at the moment.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:46]
Burgess on 08:42 - Feb 25 with 654 viewsHerbivore

He's slotted back in very nicely. The odd moment aside I thought Edmundson was also very good when deputising for him and I don't think it's much of a drop off between the two, but Burgess does feel like a calming presence and the passing angles to Davis from his left foot are a real weapon for us. Woolf and Burgess have been first choice for us for well over a year now, a year in which we've lost a handful of games and won dozens. They are rightly our first choice pairing.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Burgess on 08:47 - Feb 25 with 632 viewsBondiBlue

Burgess on 08:25 - Feb 25 by Reus30

I think it's because we're trying to decide which of 2 good defenders is better in a team that concedes loads of goals but wins all the time.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024