Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna Post Match 23:05 - Feb 20 with 1071 viewsChurchman

He never puts a foot wrong in those interviews. After the ups and downs of a game it would have been easy for him to say to much, to bury the ref (deserved), go OTT Cook-style but no, He emphasised what went right while recognising how difficult the last week has been and what went wrong.

He also made the point it wasn’t for lack of effort and that human beings will make mistakes. Basically, if you are a player and you see that you know McKenna has your back, even if he does give you the hairdryer treatment in his office.

He really appears to have the skill set to become a top top manager.
[Post edited 20 Feb 23:06]
Kieran McKenna Post Match on 23:08 - Feb 20 with 1011 viewspointofblue

I was a bit baffled by Mick Mills on the radio after the game. On the way home, he was saying he expected McKenna to change things and go longer, as we were struggling to beat the press.

From what I saw, we DID try going longer, but couldn't win a header. Moore struggled to have an impact which was really disappointing as we brought him in to win balls and hold the ball up top, which he didn't do tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieran McKenna Post Match on 23:24 - Feb 20 with 837 viewshomer_123

Kieran McKenna Post Match on 23:08 - Feb 20 by pointofblue

I was a bit baffled by Mick Mills on the radio after the game. On the way home, he was saying he expected McKenna to change things and go longer, as we were struggling to beat the press.

From what I saw, we DID try going longer, but couldn't win a header. Moore struggled to have an impact which was really disappointing as we brought him in to win balls and hold the ball up top, which he didn't do tonight.

I will say...more often than not...we had no one anywhere near him tonight.

And he def picked up a knee injury tonight. He wasn't the same after that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kieran McKenna Post Match on 02:08 - Feb 21 with 628 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Kieran McKenna Post Match on 23:24 - Feb 20 by homer_123

I will say...more often than not...we had no one anywhere near him tonight.

And he def picked up a knee injury tonight. He wasn't the same after that.

Agreed. Before the knee injury he looked very dangerous in attack.

I also felt that we were totally dominant and could have had 6 or 7, then the injury/concussion break sucked all the impetus out of us.

Whether there was a conscious decision to try and shut up shop, or whether the players were cooled down by the break, or a few were shocked by the potential seriousness of what looked like a very innocuous coming together, I don't know. But we didn't regain the impetus and front-footedness until Rotherham equalised. As soon as we did, it took us two minutes to score!

There's lots of doom and gloom on here about the performance. For 25 minutes of the First Half, and 2 minutes at the end, we were unstoppable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024