Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch 09:13 - Feb 19 with 920 viewsdavblue

Starting to look more of a threat again, the level of team hasn't been as high as the previous run of games.

Moore has helped no end and Al- Hamadi will get 5 or 6 goals before the end of the season i suspect.
10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 767 viewsBiGDonnie

Lot of egg on peoples faces who were ferociously telling us he wasn't what we need.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:15 - Feb 19 with 731 viewsHighgateBlue

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:07 - Feb 19 by BiGDonnie

Lot of egg on peoples faces who were ferociously telling us he wasn't what we need.

Absolutely. He was quality when we were desperate for a striker, and he's quality now. He's also obviously ideal for 'the way we play', although obviously as KMac he said, we need to have different ways of attacking, and he also provides more of an aerial threat than Hirst. It's something which is less of a strength of Hirst's than perhaps it could be (with all due respect and love).
10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:17 - Feb 19 with 720 viewsDanTheMan

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:07 - Feb 19 by BiGDonnie

I'll admit I didn't think he'd do enough pressing (and he doesn't do as much as Hirst) but he's been excellent in the hold-up play part as well as pulling defenders about.

His height causes all kinds of issues as well, and he tends to get more fouls than Hirst does for whatever reason.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:19 - Feb 19 with 701 viewsSomethingBlue

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:17 - Feb 19 by DanTheMan

I'll admit I didn't think he'd do enough pressing (and he doesn't do as much as Hirst) but he's been excellent in the hold-up play part as well as pulling defenders about.

His height causes all kinds of issues as well, and he tends to get more fouls than Hirst does for whatever reason.

The ball sticks to him more consistently, as you suggest. Hirst has good days and bad in that regard. Of course we're having to adapt a little but he looks an excellent signing for the next few months and a massive threat.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:30 - Feb 19 with 613 viewsPrideOfTheEast

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:19 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

The ball sticks to him more consistently, as you suggest. Hirst has good days and bad in that regard. Of course we're having to adapt a little but he looks an excellent signing for the next few months and a massive threat.

Looks perfect for us and he’s better than what we’ve had defensively too
10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:36 - Feb 19 with 574 viewsportmanking

10 goals in 3 and a half games since Moore stepped on the pitch on 10:19 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

Having to eat my own words on Moore too. He's much more beneficial to the three behind him than I could've envisaged.

He really has worked on himself remarkably well in the last 6-7 years. A real physical specimen now and a much better football IQ.

I'd go as far as to say I'd be happy for us to try and sign him permanently in the summer for 2 years as (very) healthy competition to Hirst and Al-Hamadi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024