Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Password reset 20:29 - Feb 18 with 4355 viewsblueislander

Just had umpteen e mails asking me to reset my TWTD password. I know lots had them last week, and I thought it had been sorted.
Password reset on 10:40 - Feb 19 with 1458 viewsMetal_Hacker

Password reset on 09:59 - Feb 19 by DanTheMan

What a weirdo.

Want me to hack them back?

Someone call me ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Password reset on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 1413 viewsblueasfook

Password reset on 10:39 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

A former banned poster?

Seriously though, I haven’t had this reset email but I’m getting daily emails to reset my Facebook and other social media passwords. Could it be related?
[Post edited 19 Feb 10:40]

Shouldn't be unless they've linked you with TWTD. I would ignore them. They could be phishing emails so dont use the links in the emails. They clearly don't have your passwords or wouldn't be requesting resets

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Password reset on 10:55 - Feb 19 with 1384 viewsDanTheMan

Password reset on 10:47 - Feb 19 by blueasfook

Shouldn't be unless they've linked you with TWTD. I would ignore them. They could be phishing emails so dont use the links in the emails. They clearly don't have your passwords or wouldn't be requesting resets

I've been getting some recently, but there's been a lot of email leaks lately so probably related to that. People trying their hand to see if they can gain access to things simply.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Password reset on 10:57 - Feb 19 with 1376 viewsRyorry

A former banned poster?

Seriously though, I haven’t had this reset email but I’m getting daily emails to reset my Facebook and other social media passwords. Could it be related?

Think probably a bannee, and whilst Blueas' advice above is good, I'd say they could be related.

Whoever's doing this on the TWTD site has been careful not to give themselves away by targeting individual users they've had run-ins with. But you don't hide your ID on social media, where many TWTDers know you, so it's quite feasible they could be having a go at you as an individual there.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Password reset on 11:01 - Feb 19 with 1368 viewsblueasfook

Password reset on 10:57 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

Think probably a bannee, and whilst Blueas' advice above is good, I'd say they could be related.

Whoever's doing this on the TWTD site has been careful not to give themselves away by targeting individual users they've had run-ins with. But you don't hide your ID on social media, where many TWTDers know you, so it's quite feasible they could be having a go at you as an individual there.

I'd like to know what made someone so butthurt that they'd devote 20 years of their life trying to get revenge! Very weird!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Password reset (n/t) on 11:21 - Feb 19 with 1313 viewsGlasgowBlue

Password reset on 11:01 - Feb 19 by blueasfook

I'd like to know what made someone so butthurt that they'd devote 20 years of their life trying to get revenge! Very weird!

[Post edited 19 Feb 11:22]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Password reset on 11:28 - Feb 19 with 1271 viewsPinewoodblue

Password reset on 23:19 - Feb 18 by PhilTWTD

No, no access to data. To request a password reset, you could request an email was sent to your username. That's no longer the case.

I’m currently receiving regular reset codes by Microsoft. They say if you didn’t ask for reset don’t worry but it is concerning you wonder who is making the request and what the implications are.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Password reset on 11:34 - Feb 19 with 1255 viewsDanTheMan

Password reset on 11:28 - Feb 19 by Pinewoodblue

I’m currently receiving regular reset codes by Microsoft. They say if you didn’t ask for reset don’t worry but it is concerning you wonder who is making the request and what the implications are.

As mentioned above, there shouldn't be any issues with people doing this as they will not get access to anything without getting access to your email account. It'll be some scammer who has bought your email as part of a dump.

If you haven't enabled two-factor authentication on your accounts, I'd do so where that is available. And do not re-use passwords between sites.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Password reset on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 1172 viewsPhilTWTD

A former banned poster?

No, won't be related. This is just someone inputting usernames into the reset password functionality. All it does is send an email to the username's email address. Gav's changed it so that can no longer happen.
Password reset on 12:54 - Feb 19 with 1136 viewsRyorry

Password reset on 11:28 - Feb 19 by Pinewoodblue

I had a spate of those over 6 months; after about a dozen of them in a week I contacted microsoft, who talked me through setting up a fake cover address to stop it happening. A pain* but it worked - 100% stopped the hacking attempts. Turned out there'd been 180+ of over those, from all around the world, in 3 months!

*The cover email was also a pain in that my iPhone persistently refused to recognise it. In the end I was also so fed up with the huge volume of phishing & spam on hotmail.com that I changed emails anyway.

Password reset on 15:08 - Feb 19 with 1044 viewsVegtablue

Password reset on 10:37 - Feb 19 by blueasfook

if it is who I think it is. He's had a grudge for about 20 years! A very sad individual.

Innsbruck was let go recently and he effortlessly inhabited the space left by Talking Blues, who preceded him, so my free guess would be on one of them. Eastbound Splinter succeeded Innsbruck and was blossoming into an effective replacement himself, before his time was cut short even more recently, so he would be my final free guess. It's a shame each poster just missed the next one really, as I think they would have had a lot in common and enjoyed each other's support.
Password reset on 15:38 - Feb 19 with 1010 viewsPhilTWTD

Password reset on 15:08 - Feb 19 by Vegtablue

Innsbruck was let go recently and he effortlessly inhabited the space left by Talking Blues, who preceded him, so my free guess would be on one of them. Eastbound Splinter succeeded Innsbruck and was blossoming into an effective replacement himself, before his time was cut short even more recently, so he would be my final free guess. It's a shame each poster just missed the next one really, as I think they would have had a lot in common and enjoyed each other's support.

Worth pointing out that Innsbruck and Talking Blues were different posters. The former was effectively forced off the board by posters thinking he was the latter having been led to believe that was the case by one or two other posters.
Password reset on 16:13 - Feb 19 with 963 viewsVegtablue

Password reset on 15:38 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Worth pointing out that Innsbruck and Talking Blues were different posters. The former was effectively forced off the board by posters thinking he was the latter having been led to believe that was the case by one or two other posters.

The people may have been different but the ITFC opinions and posting styles were a continuation of one another, which is why neither's contributions were warmly received and they were 'connected' on here, by many in the first couple of months. I didn't realise Innsbruck asked for his account to be deleted. I'd be very surprised if it was due to the TB 'charge' rather than the Norwich one, which was thrown by many throughout his time on the board.
Password reset on 16:34 - Feb 19 with 936 viewsRyorry

Password reset on 16:13 - Feb 19 by Vegtablue

The people may have been different but the ITFC opinions and posting styles were a continuation of one another, which is why neither's contributions were warmly received and they were 'connected' on here, by many in the first couple of months. I didn't realise Innsbruck asked for his account to be deleted. I'd be very surprised if it was due to the TB 'charge' rather than the Norwich one, which was thrown by many throughout his time on the board.

Can't remember much of 'Innsbruck', but TB's initials should really have been TS - that seems by all accounts to have been another thing they had in common!

Password reset on 17:00 - Feb 19 with 904 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Password reset on 09:25 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

I know, as I say, someone deliberately being a pain. Apologies for the hassle. Gav has tweaked things.

Roy Keane never forgave you for using your phone in a press conference?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Password reset on 19:30 - Feb 19 with 852 viewsVegtablue

Password reset on 16:34 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

Can't remember much of 'Innsbruck', but TB's initials should really have been TS - that seems by all accounts to have been another thing they had in common!

ChampionsofInnsbruck was his full title. I thought he and TB were wind-up merchants cut from the same cloth, but that's just my personal view and I know it's unpopular with Admin. If you genuinely hold the opinion that Morsy should never play for us again and that it would be immoral of Town to continue his employment, on account of his social media activity re Palestine, how credible is it that you would continue to display an avatar with him at its centre? I didn't enjoy his negativity or the unflattering lights he frequently chose when comparing us to Norwich, but the reason I occasionally applied focus on him rather than his opinions was because I felt some of his strongest takes were insincere. Going forwards I'll keep any such thoughts to myself lol.
Password reset on 20:45 - Feb 19 with 816 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Password reset on 19:30 - Feb 19 by Vegtablue

ChampionsofInnsbruck was his full title. I thought he and TB were wind-up merchants cut from the same cloth, but that's just my personal view and I know it's unpopular with Admin. If you genuinely hold the opinion that Morsy should never play for us again and that it would be immoral of Town to continue his employment, on account of his social media activity re Palestine, how credible is it that you would continue to display an avatar with him at its centre? I didn't enjoy his negativity or the unflattering lights he frequently chose when comparing us to Norwich, but the reason I occasionally applied focus on him rather than his opinions was because I felt some of his strongest takes were insincere. Going forwards I'll keep any such thoughts to myself lol.

Some usernames appear suspect immediately too. Champions of Innsbruck after winning a meaningless pre-season tournament was one of those. Could be wrong about that, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Password reset on 20:47 - Feb 19 with 810 viewsPhilTWTD

Password reset on 17:00 - Feb 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Roy Keane never forgave you for using your phone in a press conference?

That would be a terrific story!
Password reset on 20:48 - Feb 19 with 812 viewsPhilTWTD

Password reset on 20:45 - Feb 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Some usernames appear suspect immediately too. Champions of Innsbruck after winning a meaningless pre-season tournament was one of those. Could be wrong about that, though.

Was someone who has posted on here before over a long period under various names without any issue. I recognised their name from their email address.
Password reset on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 784 viewsNeedhamChris

Just a suggestion from a cyber security perspective, should the reset (and potentially login) not be limited to email rather than username anyway in the longer term? Everyone already knows everyone's username on here so it's more open to abuse.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Password reset on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 731 viewsGavTWTD

Password reset on 20:54 - Feb 19 by NeedhamChris

Just a suggestion from a cyber security perspective, should the reset (and potentially login) not be limited to email rather than username anyway in the longer term? Everyone already knows everyone's username on here so it's more open to abuse.

That is how it is now. I was trying to overthink how to allow it back but yes that would be the simplest solution and as you suggest, the safest.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024