Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's Hero 19:31 - Jan 28 with 958 viewsMeadowlark

Who remembers when that was filmed at Portman Road?
A couple of photo's here of the ground back then.

https://www.reelstreets.com/films/yesterdays-hero/#:~:text=York%20Road%20Stadium
Yesterday's Hero on 19:36 - Jan 28 with 902 viewsCoastalblue

Was that the one when they kept getting frustrated because the NS wouldn't sing the words they were supposed to?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Yesterday's Hero on 19:41 - Jan 28 with 886 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Yesterday's Hero on 19:36 - Jan 28 by Coastalblue

Was that the one when they kept getting frustrated because the NS wouldn't sing the words they were supposed to?

No that was a later (early 2000's) film. Something to do with rabbits IIRC.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Yesterday's Hero on 19:53 - Jan 28 with 825 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was there. We were playing against Man City, I think, and they filmed the scenes during the half time break. McShane’s team were wearing the Admiral Southampton kit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yesterday's Hero on 19:53 - Jan 28 with 823 viewsMeadowlark

Yesterday's Hero on 19:36 - Jan 28 by Coastalblue

I remember that we were asked to cheer when a goal was scored, but they kept messing it up and the cheers became jeers.
I think there were chants of "what a waste of money," etc.
Yesterday's Hero on 21:00 - Jan 28 with 699 viewsScuzzer

Yeah. I was there. And Lovejoy kept fluffing his finish. And we were being a bit awkward in giving our cooperation...let's call it that.

Established 1968

Yesterday's Hero on 21:27 - Jan 28 with 641 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Yesterday's Hero on 19:41 - Jan 28 by You_Bloo_Right

No that was a later (early 2000's) film. Something to do with rabbits IIRC.

“The referees a rabbit!”

They tried to get them singing that, they sang everything but until they started to pack up and then they actually sang the line.

2003-05 period.
Yesterday's Hero on 21:31 - Jan 28 with 624 viewsParisBlue

Yesterday's Hero on 21:27 - Jan 28 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

“The referees a rabbit!”

They tried to get them singing that, they sang everything but until they started to pack up and then they actually sang the line.

2003-05 period.

Here you go:

North Stand Film Released 22nd Sep 2006 09:55
Rabbit Fever, the movie partly filmed at Portman Road a couple years ago, hits screens in London from today. The North Stand was filmed chanting various things rabbit-related at the Plymouth game in September 2004, but wasn't always willing to take direction. 0

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Yesterday's Hero on 21:37 - Jan 28 with 603 viewsDJR

Yesterday's Hero on 21:00 - Jan 28 by Scuzzer

Yeah. I was there. And Lovejoy kept fluffing his finish. And we were being a bit awkward in giving our cooperation...let's call it that.

I was there too, and from what I can recall McShane had a quite a large barrel chest.

I think he had been a decent footballer when young, but he wasn't exactly a spring chicken when it came to be filmed.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's Hero on 22:17 - Jan 28 with 531 viewsCoastalblue

Yesterday's Hero on 21:37 - Jan 28 by DJR

I was there too, and from what I can recall McShane had a quite a large barrel chest.

I think he had been a decent footballer when young, but he wasn't exactly a spring chicken when it came to be filmed.

Think he was an apprentice at Utd if I remember correctly, or on their books I believe anyway.

Edit, can't confirm the above but possibly mixing it up with the fact that his old man apparently played for Utd under Busby and was a title winner.
[Post edited 28 Jan 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024