Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup 19:29 - Jan 27 with 804 viewssmithy69

As a kid growing up the Fa Cup was important - but over the years it’s been diluted and diluted with other competitions - I’m not particularly bothered about it to be honest

Trying to take a positive out of it - KMAC should
Be banging the door even louder than he probably was for strikers. It’s embarrassing in some
Regards but it was just a freak of a game, and shows up even more we need 1/2 in

Let’s get a striker or 2 in - and concentrate on the important stuff
Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 19:32 - Jan 27 with 782 viewspointofblue

We should have been able to get past Maidstone with the players we've had. The fact I created a thread saying we should have retained Ladapo and others are stating it 'proves' we need strikers is slightly ridiculous TBH.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 765 viewssmithy69

Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 19:32 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

We should have been able to get past Maidstone with the players we've had. The fact I created a thread saying we should have retained Ladapo and others are stating it 'proves' we need strikers is slightly ridiculous TBH.

Ladapo isn’t the answer. He looked a league 2 player in the week for
Charlton . I watched th whole game. He was dreadful

We need strikers - but not strikers that aren’t up to it. Ladapo just isn’t
Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 706 viewsMK1

I have been moaning for years that I would love a proper cup run. On Friday, I said to a friend, this is the first season in the last 20 years I didn't want one. I didn't want to go out to a side like Maidstone, but a cup run isn't right for us this season. I know winning mentality and all that, but we really do have to think of the league only this season. Totally embarrassing never the less, but perhaps a blessing.
Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 20:08 - Jan 27 with 651 viewsrgp1

Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 19:57 - Jan 27 by MK1

I have been moaning for years that I would love a proper cup run. On Friday, I said to a friend, this is the first season in the last 20 years I didn't want one. I didn't want to go out to a side like Maidstone, but a cup run isn't right for us this season. I know winning mentality and all that, but we really do have to think of the league only this season. Totally embarrassing never the less, but perhaps a blessing.

Spot on and probably worth remembering that the management won't dwell on it too long as the focus needs to be on the league now. Frustrating yes but we need the catalyst of a couple of good signings to push on.
Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 20:11 - Jan 27 with 629 viewsbournemouthblue

From a club point of view, we have generally been rubbish in the cup for a long time, mainly because we have had other priorities

An upset isn't new too us but it is to this current group of players

I can't be annoyed about today, we had 38 shots and could easily have been 2 or 3 up in the first 10 minutes, it's a very different kind of loss to past failures

What today confirms is the desperate need for some quality strikers

It might reinforce the point for McKenna to the owners

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 20:42 - Jan 27 with 526 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 20:11 - Jan 27 by bournemouthblue

From a club point of view, we have generally been rubbish in the cup for a long time, mainly because we have had other priorities

An upset isn't new too us but it is to this current group of players

I can't be annoyed about today, we had 38 shots and could easily have been 2 or 3 up in the first 10 minutes, it's a very different kind of loss to past failures

What today confirms is the desperate need for some quality strikers

It might reinforce the point for McKenna to the owners

This result in isolation really shouldn’t reinforce anything. We are obviously desperate for a striker, that wouldn’t have changed if we won 8-0 today. Of course everyone at the club knows that.
Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 20:44 - Jan 27 with 513 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Maybe it’s an age thing - but I’ve never. been bothered about the FA Cup on 19:57 - Jan 27 by MK1

It’s not about wanting to advance so much it’s about going out at home to Maidstone and being a national story. It is humiliating, I’m not a football historian but I think that makes the top ten upsets of all time in the history of the competition.

Watson basically just said that happens every year, it does not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024