Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A disappointing game 18:01 - Jan 27 with 1219 viewsitfcsuth

But no need to over analyse a freak day.

The cup draws some bizarre days, we aren’t the first and will not be the last.

We actually played really really well for so much of the game, two counter punches which I’m sure KMc and staff will look at.

So many factors to speak of today, clinical finishing at two extremes, lady luck & big decisions that were got wrong by the referees.

We wish Maidstone the very best, I hope they get a big draw, and for us we tie up some important transfers and get back to business next week.

COYB!
A disappointing game on 19:08 - Jan 27 with 1115 viewspointofblue

Stop being rational. I'm not ready to be rational.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A disappointing game on 19:15 - Jan 27 with 1098 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No we didn’t, I’m sorry just because you have all the ball (which was to be expected) does not equal a good performance. In fact if we did play really really well for large periods we have bigger problems don’t we? Not being nearly clinical enough and allowing two goals is a tough pill to swallow.

Frankly fitness alone should win you this game with a gap of 6 tiers is absolutely huge.

Whether it’s a freak result or not just based on stats, no need to try and sugarcoat it.

[Post edited 27 Jan 19:16]
A disappointing game on 19:18 - Jan 27 with 1080 viewspointofblue

A disappointing game on 19:15 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No we didn’t, I’m sorry just because you have all the ball (which was to be expected) does not equal a good performance. In fact if we did play really really well for large periods we have bigger problems don’t we? Not being nearly clinical enough and allowing two goals is a tough pill to swallow.

Frankly fitness alone should win you this game with a gap of 6 tiers is absolutely huge.

Whether it’s a freak result or not just based on stats, no need to try and sugarcoat it.

There's only three tiers between the two sides, I think - League One, League Two and Blue Square Premier?

Last season there was only one tier between us.

A disappointing game on 19:20 - Jan 27 with 1050 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A disappointing game on 19:18 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

There's only three tiers between the two sides, I think - League One, League Two and Blue Square Premier?

Last season there was only one tier between us.

Why do I keep reading six in print somewhere. God knows, either way all the points remain.
A disappointing game on 19:24 - Jan 27 with 1031 viewspointofblue

A disappointing game on 19:20 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why do I keep reading six in print somewhere. God knows, either way all the points remain.

They play in the sixth tier.

A disappointing game on 19:25 - Jan 27 with 1026 viewsgainsboroughblue

A disappointing game on 19:20 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

They are in the sixth tier.

I think it depends on how you want to phrase it when it comes to have many tiers separate us. You can say three if you don't include the tiers you are in.

Three sounds better I suppose.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A disappointing game on 19:29 - Jan 27 with 1004 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A disappointing game on 19:25 - Jan 27 by gainsboroughblue

They are in the sixth tier.

I think it depends on how you want to phrase it when it comes to have many tiers separate us. You can say three if you don't include the tiers you are in.

Three sounds better I suppose.

They train three mornings a week apparently. Semi professional, ugh.
A disappointing game on 20:39 - Jan 27 with 876 viewsitfcsuth

Nobody is sugarcoating the result - it can’t be sugarcoated - it’s a bad one.

If you didn’t think we controlled the game or utterly dominated then you watched a different game to me and no conversation to had.

Of course the biggest problem today was not being clinical enough, but that can happen sometimes in football - big chances missed from Broadhead, Edmundson, Burns & Chaplin, plus rattling the woodwork.

No need to throw toys out of the pram on this one - we must go an show a reaction next week and get straight back to business.
Login to get fewer ads

A disappointing game on 23:49 - Jan 27 with 781 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A disappointing game on 20:39 - Jan 27 by itfcsuth

Nobody is sugarcoating the result - it can’t be sugarcoated - it’s a bad one.

If you didn’t think we controlled the game or utterly dominated then you watched a different game to me and no conversation to had.

Of course the biggest problem today was not being clinical enough, but that can happen sometimes in football - big chances missed from Broadhead, Edmundson, Burns & Chaplin, plus rattling the woodwork.

No need to throw toys out of the pram on this one - we must go an show a reaction next week and get straight back to business.

There’s a big difference between controlling the game (that was always going to happen) and playing well.

For me playing really really well as you put it would have been making our dominance count and winning comfortably. We were just incredibly wasteful first half and couldn’t really unlock them second. We were always going to have 70%+ possession.

It wasn’t like Lincoln or Barrow but I’m stopping short of saying it was in someway a good performance. Individuals also didn’t really step up in their opportunity.

But just need to put it behind us now for sure.
A disappointing game on 23:55 - Jan 27 with 757 viewstextbackup

Mate it’s not worth it. I’ve seen people try and excuse this today and I’m in shock at the things I’ve read.

It’s the worse result in the clubs history, 27k fans in attendance, on Tv, to a pub team. And they are looking for excuses for whatever reason.

I just don’t get it, where is people pride ffs.

If losing today doesn’t make you feel sick as a fan I’ve no idea why you’d be a football fan

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A disappointing game on 00:03 - Jan 28 with 726 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A disappointing game on 23:55 - Jan 27 by textbackup

Mate it’s not worth it. I’ve seen people try and excuse this today and I’m in shock at the things I’ve read.

It’s the worse result in the clubs history, 27k fans in attendance, on Tv, to a pub team. And they are looking for excuses for whatever reason.

If losing today doesn’t make you feel sick as a fan I’ve no idea why you’d be a football fan

Right, it’s been a horrible winter day here so haven’t moved too far and I’ve found some of the shoulder shrugs a bit annoying, however much of a freak result it is. More prideful than that.

I’ve loved everything about the last two years and this won’t define our season, it’s probably just a little blip on radar but I stop short and playing “really really well” ffs.
A disappointing game on 00:04 - Jan 28 with 721 viewsSelretsem

This is it. An utter embarrassment on the national(international?) stage. And some fans are happy to excuse it because we had 38 shots to Maidstone’s 2. So what? Who cares? No one gives a sh!t about the respective performances. The world only cares about the result and we lost, and therefore, we deserve to be laughed at
A disappointing game on 00:08 - Jan 28 with 703 viewstextbackup

A disappointing game on 00:03 - Jan 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Right, it’s been a horrible winter day here so haven’t moved too far and I’ve found some of the shoulder shrugs a bit annoying, however much of a freak result it is. More prideful than that.

I’ve loved everything about the last two years and this won’t define our season, it’s probably just a little blip on radar but I stop short and playing “really really well” ffs.

I’m really worried at the impact today will have on the rest of season, I just don’t see they ‘move on’ from such a balls up, can see this being a hangover for a while

A disappointing game on 00:10 - Jan 28 with 699 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Excusing it or trying to keep some perspective?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A disappointing game on 00:12 - Jan 28 with 684 viewstextbackup

A disappointing game on 00:10 - Jan 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Excusing it or trying to keep some perspective?

What fcking perspective are you trying to put on that?!

A disappointing game on 03:32 - Jan 28 with 630 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Soon as you got news of the opponents for Round Four you could only have eyes for the Fifth Round. Just seemed practical, there was never any hesitation in thinking we wouldn't make it through or they could prevent us further progress.

Next round was on a plate for the team, just appeared no other option other than a Town victory and place in final 16. That's what hurts about today, the opportunity was taken away by some freak result and what's more so many people have got news of it such is the magnitude of their win. Wouldn't have thought no more of it had they beaten anyone else (except Norwich maybe) but it happened to us.

This shouldn't affect future league form but we're what only 1 or 2 wins in 7 or 8 games in the Championship just recent and as read on another thread subject, the decline would appear to have started following the inability to beat Norwich few weeks back when the opportunity was clearly there.

Say again the best way the manager and team can redeem themselves from the Maidstone setback is to ensure we're in the top two automatic places by end of season. Results like this can really shake confidence. Now it's up to the team to meet the challenge - and succeed - in what remains of the season. If we're declared EPL status sometime in May, maybe before, then we can forget Maidstone, today, and any damn Cup competition with it.
A disappointing game on 08:46 - Jan 28 with 505 viewsitfcsuth

A disappointing game on 00:12 - Jan 28 by textbackup

What fcking perspective are you trying to put on that?!

A rational and balanced one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024