Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna 15:37 - Jan 27 with 1361 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That’s sport though so I guess you should never take anything for granted.

For those looking from crumbs of comfort from match stats, ten changes etc. It was Maidstone, 6 tiers below. Not really an acceptable home result with the players we had on the pitch whichever way you draw up the analysis. Just one that will be mentioned for a rather long time you fear.

That’s a shocker and we are going to need to answer it because no one likes being embarrassed or on the wrong side of national headlines. If Norwich lost to Maidstone this board would be lapping it up so I don’t really think others on here can have a pop people for being rather angry with the outcome.

Let’s hope we put it behind us and fast.

[Post edited 27 Jan 15:39]
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:02 - Jan 27 with 1237 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As Cook said, you won't get that from a team that has Morsy in it!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:10 - Jan 27 with 1196 viewsoldbeardy

Utterly humiliating. A massive blow to the confidence of the club. It could de-rail our season. There's only one way to put it behind us and that's to win next time out and go on a run. Just hope they've got it in them to bounce right back. A big challenge for McK
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:23 - Jan 27 with 1147 viewsRadlett_blue

I hope this isn't like Leicester City's shock FA Cup loss at home to Wycombe in 2001. Their form collapsed so much that they lost 9 of their last 10 league games & they fell from 3rd to 13th in the PL, they sacked their promising young manager early the next season but still finished bottom & were relegated.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:34 - Jan 27 with 1099 viewspositivity

nah, it falls into the "football, bloody hell" category for me.

credit to maidstone and extra shooting practice for all. we've generally reacted well to defeats under km

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:39 - Jan 27 with 1045 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:34 - Jan 27 by positivity

nah, it falls into the "football, bloody hell" category for me.

credit to maidstone and extra shooting practice for all. we've generally reacted well to defeats under km

Probably but it doesn’t change the result, which is not one we want to be associated with.
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:42 - Jan 27 with 1009 viewspositivity

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:39 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Probably but it doesn’t change the result, which is not one we want to be associated with.

i'd rather take that result and a good season in the league than dribble through and get beaten next round.

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:52 - Jan 27 with 952 viewsBlueOura

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:42 - Jan 27 by positivity

i'd rather take that result and a good season in the league than dribble through and get beaten next round.

Rubbish, we are having a good season in the league so what's that got to do with anything?

We should have beaten them comfortably today and we have now passed up the opportunity of a plum tie on the 5th round. We are here to win as many football matches as possible in all competitions and we certainly shouldn't shrug our shoulders about a loss to a non-league team.

A really poor show from everybody today, which has embarrassed the whole club.
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 901 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:52 - Jan 27 by BlueOura

Rubbish, we are having a good season in the league so what's that got to do with anything?

We should have beaten them comfortably today and we have now passed up the opportunity of a plum tie on the 5th round. We are here to win as many football matches as possible in all competitions and we certainly shouldn't shrug our shoulders about a loss to a non-league team.

It was pathetic today, I was ripped to shreds for saying that but I stand by that statement. Broadhead and Taylor shouldn’t be starting any time soon until that sinks in.

We need higher standards, higher expectations and to deliver results Cup or league.

As for Burns, Chaplin and co coming on, they brought absolutely nothing to the table either.
Login to get fewer ads

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:04 - Jan 27 with 878 viewspointofblue

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:02 - Jan 27 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

It was pathetic today, I was ripped to shreds for saying that but I stand by that statement. Broadhead and Taylor shouldn’t be starting any time soon until that sinks in.

We need higher standards, higher expectations and to deliver results Cup or league.

As for Burns, Chaplin and co coming on, they brought absolutely nothing to the table either.

Burns did - he was our biggest threat post substitutions. Chaplin was disappointing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:07 - Jan 27 with 855 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 16:52 - Jan 27 by BlueOura

There’s a certain element on here that can’t hold their hand ups and call it for what it is. As you say it really wasn’t an either or situation. I think people just try to make themselves feel better. Comments on threads like I really enjoyed it and thanks for the shooting practice is definitely the in denial stage of that kind of result lol.

Humiliating defeats can have a negative impact on a squad, so that’s the main worry about correlation with league form. However, I have much more confidence in this group of players they shown us many times before how they bounce back. Big week though, need reinforcements up top (stating the bloody obvious I know).
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:11 - Jan 27 with 816 viewspositivity

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:07 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There’s a certain element on here that can’t hold their hand ups and call it for what it is. As you say it really wasn’t an either or situation. I think people just try to make themselves feel better. Comments on threads like I really enjoyed it and thanks for the shooting practice is definitely the in denial stage of that kind of result lol.

Humiliating defeats can have a negative impact on a squad, so that’s the main worry about correlation with league form. However, I have much more confidence in this group of players they shown us many times before how they bounce back. Big week though, need reinforcements up top (stating the bloody obvious I know).

your last couple of sentences are the key. this is the kind of result that can really give us a kick up the backside.

we last lost two games in a row in 2022, so i back us to react well

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 764 viewsbaxterbasics

As I said elsewhere - three points V Preston and this will be forgotten

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 728 viewsBlueOura

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:07 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I have taken most setbacks fairly calmly over the last 2 years ( admittedly there haven't been many ) but I am still absolutely fuming about today! Totally unacceptable.
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 703 viewsJuggsy

It’s weird, we’ve become a lot more ponderous and less free flowing over the last few months. We’ve always been pretty wasteful in front of goal as we get so many chances as a whole which we fail to convert. We look so easy to defend against at the moment and just as easy to hit on the Counter. Even in the last couple of minutes we were happily tapping it around in front of their area with little urgency. Very frustrating all round.
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:45 - Jan 27 with 660 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:38 - Jan 27 by Juggsy

It’s weird, we’ve become a lot more ponderous and less free flowing over the last few months. We’ve always been pretty wasteful in front of goal as we get so many chances as a whole which we fail to convert. We look so easy to defend against at the moment and just as easy to hit on the Counter. Even in the last couple of minutes we were happily tapping it around in front of their area with little urgency. Very frustrating all round.

First half against Norwich we had that style of play. Can’t remember it much since. Huge cluster of games, injuries and having to dig deep has meant it’s looked a lot different recently. That said much more favorable league run coming up.
Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:50 - Jan 27 with 609 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Never thought I’d see that kind of result under McKenna on 17:36 - Jan 27 by BlueOura

I have taken most setbacks fairly calmly over the last 2 years ( admittedly there haven't been many ) but I am still absolutely fuming about today! Totally unacceptable.

Thus we should really. I’m sure there’s been the odd comment in the last year or so remember when we were losing to Barrow and look at us now. So no one really saw it coming. Standards are pretty high these days.

Theres more important things are play and we just need it to not become a distraction or dent confidence too much. February is huge for this club. Need the season to reignite, it’s still all to play for, if we match Southampton and Leeds we will be playing Premiership football next season. Tough ask but the squad got this far on merit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024