Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long do you need in Krakow? 08:46 - Jan 17 with 1358 viewsThisIsMyUsername

My girlfriend and I are planning to go there in a couple of weeks. We will either go for two or three full days, with an afternoon and evening, or a morning and afternoon, on one side or the other.

We'll go to Auschwitz, Schindler's factory and the salt mines.

I've been before and done all these things, but it was almost 10 years ago so can't remember how long I was there for. I recall Auschwitz and the salt mines were done on the same day trip but obviously it doesn't need to be done that way.

I don't think there was much else to do. Can you go in the royal castle?
[Post edited 17 Jan 9:09]

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:01 - Jan 17 with 1298 viewsKeno

Have you anywhere to stay?

If not I recommend Hotel Indigo who will arrange everything from getting you from and to the airport to all the trips

PM if you need more info

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:06 - Jan 17 with 1280 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:01 - Jan 17 by Keno

Have you anywhere to stay?

If not I recommend Hotel Indigo who will arrange everything from getting you from and to the airport to all the trips

PM if you need more info

Thanks, Keno.

Not yet, but we were intending to go for an AirBnB, which generally look cheaper than Hotel Indigo.
[Post edited 17 Jan 9:19]

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:11 - Jan 17 with 1251 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I've Googled it (which I could have done before posting) and it appears that the palace does have visiting. So that's something else to do.

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:19 - Jan 17 with 1220 viewsMookamoo

Spent some time in the Kazimierz district when we were there. Few authentic Jewish restaurants which had music on in the evenings. You can visit the cemetery and the synagogue
How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:24 - Jan 17 with 1203 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

I’ve been numerous times, and find it a really special place to just wander and explore. I’ve stayed a week which does me fine, but 3 days for def if that’s your max. Enjoy, and get stuck into all that pierogi 🤤

Poll: Is Billm….

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 1160 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:24 - Jan 17 by John_Warks_Willy

I’ve been numerous times, and find it a really special place to just wander and explore. I’ve stayed a week which does me fine, but 3 days for def if that’s your max. Enjoy, and get stuck into all that pierogi 🤤

This place 👌

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hr4oWThae6UaSjza8?g_st=ic

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 1142 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:29 - Jan 17 by John_Warks_Willy

This place 👌

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hr4oWThae6UaSjza8?g_st=ic

And stayed in this airbnb a couple of times 👍

https://abnb.me/4tF05cZHqGb

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:50 - Jan 17 with 1074 viewsKeno

How long do you need in Krakow? on 09:06 - Jan 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

Thanks, Keno.

Not yet, but we were intending to go for an AirBnB, which generally look cheaper than Hotel Indigo.
[Post edited 17 Jan 9:19]

No worries

although the breakfast are amazing!!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

How long do you need in Krakow? on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 1028 viewsgtsb1966

Book your Auschwitz trip before you go. Once you get there it's hard to get on a tour if you're only giving a couple of days notice. You can look around parts of the castle.
How long do you need in Krakow? on 14:50 - Jan 17 with 838 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thank you for the responses. Have booked it for the last Thursday-Monday this month, so slightly earlier than originally planned.

Can anyone please recommend a specific provider to book the guided tour of Auschwitz with?

How long do you need in Krakow? on 15:27 - Jan 17 with 761 viewsandycookguitar

Both the salt mines and Auschwitz will take a day on their own. You need to book a tour for both, you can get tickets from agents on florianska street just off the main square or buy them online in the UK beforehand. You can walk to Schindlers factory, it’ll take about 40 minutes, you can pay on the door. There is an absolutely fantastic live music bar called “Harris piano bar” on the main square just near the statue of huge head on its side, well worth booking a seat beforehand though. When you get to the airport don’t bother with a cab the trains are quick and plentiful and will take to the centre (Glowny). Make sure your hotel is in the centre because that’s where all stuff is, I’ve been loads of times as I own a couple of apartments there so I learnt by painful experience. Last time I went (2023) my son and I took a Segway tour which was brilliant.
You’ll have a great time, it’s a fantastic city and eating a drinking is relatively cheap.

Leeds blue

How long do you need in Krakow? on 16:36 - Jan 17 with 676 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How long do you need in Krakow? on 15:27 - Jan 17 by andycookguitar

Both the salt mines and Auschwitz will take a day on their own. You need to book a tour for both, you can get tickets from agents on florianska street just off the main square or buy them online in the UK beforehand. You can walk to Schindlers factory, it’ll take about 40 minutes, you can pay on the door. There is an absolutely fantastic live music bar called “Harris piano bar” on the main square just near the statue of huge head on its side, well worth booking a seat beforehand though. When you get to the airport don’t bother with a cab the trains are quick and plentiful and will take to the centre (Glowny). Make sure your hotel is in the centre because that’s where all stuff is, I’ve been loads of times as I own a couple of apartments there so I learnt by painful experience. Last time I went (2023) my son and I took a Segway tour which was brilliant.
You’ll have a great time, it’s a fantastic city and eating a drinking is relatively cheap.

Thanks for the tips!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024