Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo 13:03 - Jan 6 with 7784 viewsWonnorCickhamm

That was absolutely pathetic.

I’m all for supporting the lads but Jesus, just assuming the ball would go out of play and then the defender keeping it in. Embarrassing.

Poll: When Walton is fit, who would you start?

Ladapo on 10:29 - Jan 7 with 1758 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ladapo on 07:00 - Jan 7 by PioneerBlue

In the age of social media folk (so called supporters) take most pleasure dribbling out constant rants and criticism of out of form players. You know, I know, the club knows, hell Freddie probably knows he’s not at the level of a top end championship team. Why the need to drill this home day after day, it’s monotonous. He’s being played purely because he is a paid player and we have limited cover. Find something else to push into the echo chamber.

Be nice to build him up and get the best out of him whilst we need the cover. But no, our wonderful support slag him off, drag him down and make sure we don't.
Ladapo on 10:39 - Jan 7 with 1720 viewsjayessess

Ladapo on 10:29 - Jan 7 by redrickstuhaart

Be nice to build him up and get the best out of him whilst we need the cover. But no, our wonderful support slag him off, drag him down and make sure we don't.

Not impossible that it has actually cost us points already too. For all the "just not good enough" chat, if we'd got the Cardiff/Wolves performances out of him against QPR and Stoke we'd likely have won both games.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ladapo on 10:49 - Jan 7 with 1709 viewsrickw

I didn't notice any lack of effort from Ladapo, I just saw a player very low on confidence.

I also thought Hutchison was poor yesterday, his decision making seems to have gotten worse as the season's gone on, however Broadhead's best game for a month or so

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Ladapo on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 1628 viewsNomore4

Ladapo on 10:49 - Jan 7 by rickw

I didn't notice any lack of effort from Ladapo, I just saw a player very low on confidence.

I also thought Hutchison was poor yesterday, his decision making seems to have gotten worse as the season's gone on, however Broadhead's best game for a month or so

My Gran would be a better option. And she’s been dead 30yr.
Ladapo on 14:41 - Jan 7 with 1587 viewsfranz_tyson

Ladapo on 10:39 - Jan 7 by jayessess

Not impossible that it has actually cost us points already too. For all the "just not good enough" chat, if we'd got the Cardiff/Wolves performances out of him against QPR and Stoke we'd likely have won both games.

Isn't that a bit fanciful?

By all means, call out the pillocks, but let's not make this about the great majority of fans who don't go over the top. Just remember that Mckenna has favoured Jackson and Scarlet as first back up to Hirst quite often - so maybe McKenna is mostly responsible for Ladapo's lack of confidence. Maybe McKenna therefore has cost us points against QPR and Stoke with that logic... although McKenna is very likely to be responsible for getting us to second place. Swings and roundabouts.
Ladapo on 14:49 - Jan 7 with 1560 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ladapo on 14:41 - Jan 7 by franz_tyson

By all means, call out the pillocks, but let's not make this about the great majority of fans who don't go over the top. Just remember that Mckenna has favoured Jackson and Scarlet as first back up to Hirst quite often - so maybe McKenna is mostly responsible for Ladapo's lack of confidence. Maybe McKenna therefore has cost us points against QPR and Stoke with that logic... although McKenna is very likely to be responsible for getting us to second place. Swings and roundabouts.

Not fanciful at all. Make him feel ten feet tall as he goes on, back him to the hilt. Every chance you see more from him and the margins are fine.
Ladapo on 15:49 - Jan 7 with 1496 viewsjayessess

Ladapo on 14:41 - Jan 7 by franz_tyson

I don't think it fanciful that players are more likely to play at their peak performance if the fans show a bit of support/patience when they get things wrong. Nor is it that out there to suggest the higher end of Ladapo's performances could've won us the game against QPR.

What probably is quite fanciful is the idea that football fans might behave in that sort of collaborative way, recognising the lack of forward options McKenna has right now and bearing with the guys he has to put out.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ladapo on 16:11 - Jan 7 with 1449 viewstractorboy1978

Ladapo on 14:49 - Jan 7 by redrickstuhaart

Not fanciful at all. Make him feel ten feet tall as he goes on, back him to the hilt. Every chance you see more from him and the margins are fine.

I don't disagree with the general point about supporting players and giving them the respect they deserve after last season. However, lets not be naive to the fact Ladapo is fully aware his time here is about to come to an end. For all the man management skills McKenna may have, I doubt he is going feel 10ft tall when he's barely been given any minutes all season and presumably been made aware he can move on in January. The last couple of games he's looked like a player that knows he isn't playing for his place and is checked out a bit. Which is understandable to be honest.
[Post edited 7 Jan 16:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Ladapo on 16:28 - Jan 7 with 1421 viewsParky

Ladapo on 16:11 - Jan 7 by tractorboy1978

I don't disagree with the general point about supporting players and giving them the respect they deserve after last season. However, lets not be naive to the fact Ladapo is fully aware his time here is about to come to an end. For all the man management skills McKenna may have, I doubt he is going feel 10ft tall when he's barely been given any minutes all season and presumably been made aware he can move on in January. The last couple of games he's looked like a player that knows he isn't playing for his place and is checked out a bit. Which is understandable to be honest.
[Post edited 7 Jan 16:13]

Let’s also not act like in his last few games that he’s given everything for the badge. I will support any town player when they’re giving their all, regardless if they’re in a bad bit of form, but Ladapo was just pure lazy yesterday, the incident in the corner was the epitome.

Before this, he was subbed off in another game (QPR?) and was swearing at team mates. As others have said on this thread, he’s checked out, seems to be ending a very similar way to how it did at Rotherham.

Thanks for his contribution, but I’d rather we play Buabo over him now in the interim and move on.
[Post edited 7 Jan 16:30]
Ladapo on 17:10 - Jan 7 with 1373 viewsBluedandy

Endlessly banging about how Ladapo is not up to standard ... it's so boring.

We all know he ain't no Marco Van Basten but there's no alternative available in the building right now.

He can score goals at this level as he proved against Cardiff City ..

But if he feels most fans think he's utter shyte then don't be surprised if on the pitch it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy ..

We just need him to do a job for the next three months, so stop getting on his back ...
Ladapo on 17:24 - Jan 7 with 1321 viewsWhos_blue

Ladapo on 16:28 - Jan 7 by Parky

Let’s also not act like in his last few games that he’s given everything for the badge. I will support any town player when they’re giving their all, regardless if they’re in a bad bit of form, but Ladapo was just pure lazy yesterday, the incident in the corner was the epitome.

Before this, he was subbed off in another game (QPR?) and was swearing at team mates. As others have said on this thread, he’s checked out, seems to be ending a very similar way to how it did at Rotherham.

Thanks for his contribution, but I’d rather we play Buabo over him now in the interim and move on.
[Post edited 7 Jan 16:30]

Just thinking about this corner thing that's attracting some criticism.
When I was watching on the TV it felt like he lost track of the ball and thought it was running out, so didn't chase it down. I haven't seen it again and don't intend tracking it down, but did anyone else see it similar. To be honest someine not running for a ball doesn't reaĺly stick in my mind like a goal/save/foul etc.
Are we looking for things to criticise, or was it like others are calling it i.e. laziness?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Ladapo on 21:51 - Jan 7 with 1183 viewsbournemouthblue

Ladapo on 10:49 - Jan 7 by rickw

Agreed on Hutchinson, he was far too greedy yesterday, he missed the simpler pass at times

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ladapo on 00:28 - Jan 8 with 1099 viewseddiespearitt03

He may of had a below par game but despite that I still think he is a useful squad player .Just needing quality passes and a better service to latch on to....like all strikers
Ladapo on 07:16 - Jan 8 with 1003 viewsBlueDouglas

Our fans are very sensitive about any Ladapo criticism and I just don't get it.

Fact is when we really needed him to be a decent back up for Hirst, he's been poor, and it's looking like he is no longer good enough for the level we're now at. It happens.

Don't know why we have to be so sentimental about it, and this idea of some kind of tinkerbell effect where the applause of town fans will suddenly have him banging in goals is ridiculous.
Ladapo on 08:09 - Jan 8 with 957 viewsWhos_blue

Ladapo on 07:16 - Jan 8 by BlueDouglas

Fact is when we really needed him to be a decent back up for Hirst, he's been poor, and it's looking like he is no longer good enough for the level we're now at. It happens.

Don't know why we have to be so sentimental about it, and this idea of some kind of tinkerbell effect where the applause of town fans will suddenly have him banging in goals is ridiculous.

I don't think it's about sentimentality though.
Isn't it more about treating one of players who has previously done well with some respect.
On recent performances I might even agree he may not be good enough to push us on whilst Hirst is missing.
However, what I've never really understood is the need by some to turn underperforming players into some sort of hate figure.
[Post edited 8 Jan 8:23]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Ladapo on 08:19 - Jan 8 with 939 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ladapo on 08:09 - Jan 8 by Whos_blue

I don't think it's about sentimentality though.
Isn't it more about treating one of players who has previously done well with some respect.
On recent performances I might even agree he may not be good enough to push us on whilst Hirst is missing.
However, what I've never really understood is the need by some to turn underperforming players into some sort of hate figure.
[Post edited 8 Jan 8:23]

Amazing how little supposed supporters understand the impact of belief and confidence in support.
Ladapo on 08:47 - Jan 8 with 869 viewstextbackup

Ladapo on 07:00 - Jan 7 by PioneerBlue

In the age of social media folk (so called supporters) take most pleasure dribbling out constant rants and criticism of out of form players. You know, I know, the club knows, hell Freddie probably knows he’s not at the level of a top end championship team. Why the need to drill this home day after day, it’s monotonous. He’s being played purely because he is a paid player and we have limited cover. Find something else to push into the echo chamber.

We played a league 2 team mate, not a top end champ team

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ladapo on 10:44 - Jan 8 with 771 viewsChurchman

Ladapo on 07:16 - Jan 8 by BlueDouglas

I don’t think it’s about sensitivity or sentimentality at all. It’s about whether you support and encourage or whether you think it’s better to abuse / kick up the @rse.

Literally nobody has said Freddie is the greatest player they’ve ever seen. Anyone who’s seen him play should know what he can and cannot do. Should we seek to improve on him and others in the squad? Of course. It’s how it is. Especially if we want to see the club be the best it can be. In any case every player, manager and owner has their time at a club.

Where I diverge from some is delivering abuse in the ground or indeed on social media. I know it happens but not helpful to the person or acceptable to me. If you are not prepared to say it to somebody’s face, you shouldn’t say it at all.

Secondly, to accuse a player of not trying or laziness is a serious accusation. From a sporting perspective 100% effort is the minimum requirement.

There are people who played for us in Evans’ time who individually and collectively didn’t try. Checked out. Hid. I don’t believe anyone in the current Ipswich Town Football Club would do that including Freddie. It’s not in the culture of the club.

If people think Ladapo isn’t trying/lazy they need to be calling out McKenna too. If a manager is putting out a player that isn’t trying or not hauling that player off if he sees that in a game, that’s disgraceful and he needs to be held to account.

Fans have the forum to do that if they believe McKenna is playing somebody who is lazy - it’s a good medium to challenge him.
Ladapo on 10:47 - Jan 8 with 761 viewsmrfixit426

Ladapo on 10:44 - Jan 8 by Churchman

I don’t think it’s about sensitivity or sentimentality at all. It’s about whether you support and encourage or whether you think it’s better to abuse / kick up the @rse.

Literally nobody has said Freddie is the greatest player they’ve ever seen. Anyone who’s seen him play should know what he can and cannot do. Should we seek to improve on him and others in the squad? Of course. It’s how it is. Especially if we want to see the club be the best it can be. In any case every player, manager and owner has their time at a club.

Where I diverge from some is delivering abuse in the ground or indeed on social media. I know it happens but not helpful to the person or acceptable to me. If you are not prepared to say it to somebody’s face, you shouldn’t say it at all.

Secondly, to accuse a player of not trying or laziness is a serious accusation. From a sporting perspective 100% effort is the minimum requirement.

There are people who played for us in Evans’ time who individually and collectively didn’t try. Checked out. Hid. I don’t believe anyone in the current Ipswich Town Football Club would do that including Freddie. It’s not in the culture of the club.

If people think Ladapo isn’t trying/lazy they need to be calling out McKenna too. If a manager is putting out a player that isn’t trying or not hauling that player off if he sees that in a game, that’s disgraceful and he needs to be held to account.

Fans have the forum to do that if they believe McKenna is playing somebody who is lazy - it’s a good medium to challenge him.

I've got no dog in this fight, but McKenna did hook him at around 55 mins didn't he? That's very early for a KMck substitution.
Ladapo on 10:50 - Jan 8 with 749 viewstextbackup

KM did take him off

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ladapo on 11:31 - Jan 8 with 663 viewsVegtablue

Well said and by several others too. Many fans unfortunately struggle to see beyond booing or attacking what they don't like. Reality is, they either don't believe McKenna is capable of picking the right team, or they're putting their own selfish needs above the club (that cathartic release some receive from abusing people). Taking apart or lowering the confidence of our players on the pitch, especially when they're on the pitch, is actively working to undermine our own manager's plans. It's different to giving the team a much-needed rollicking when they've temporarily lost their heads (see Sheffield Wednesday first half last season), or waking a player up when they look to have switched off.

There are players who respond well to loud negative feedback but most do better with encouragement. Fans should know their players here and Freddie doesn't improve with it. Jackson doesn't either and Harness certainly didn't last season.
[Post edited 8 Jan 11:34]
Ladapo on 12:36 - Jan 8 with 592 viewsChurchman

Ladapo on 10:50 - Jan 8 by textbackup

KM did take him off

Why did he take him off? Because he wasn’t trying? Injury? Tactical - I.e. to try something and somebody else? Because he wasn’t playing well?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024