Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travis 10:44 - Jan 5 with 1244 viewsStu_boy

I cant say i know much about the lad but it sounds like the sort of defensive midfielder we need and has leadership qualities to hopefully compliment what we already have. If it works well could this turn out to be a loan to permanent deal?
[Post edited 5 Jan 10:45]
Travis on 11:07 - Jan 5 with 1153 viewsSomethingBlue

Feels like very good cover who can potentially compete for a place in the two as well – and an upgrade on Ball, which is probably the most important thing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Travis on 11:14 - Jan 5 with 1078 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Travis on 11:07 - Jan 5 by SomethingBlue

Feels like very good cover who can potentially compete for a place in the two as well – and an upgrade on Ball, which is probably the most important thing.

Travis would be in contention to start surely? Not sure he’s coming in as simply cover.
Travis on 11:33 - Jan 5 with 1006 viewsMarkp68

Travis on 11:14 - Jan 5 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Travis would be in contention to start surely? Not sure he’s coming in as simply cover.

Everyone saying cover for Morsy which is a fair point but also will give Kieran a chance to rotate Luongo and thus manage his workload. We’ve done a great job in keeping Luongo fit but Kieran often talks about managing players workload and Travis looks like the perfect player to do this as well as more full-back cover
Travis on 11:37 - Jan 5 with 954 views_clive_baker_

Travis on 11:33 - Jan 5 by Markp68

Everyone saying cover for Morsy which is a fair point but also will give Kieran a chance to rotate Luongo and thus manage his workload. We’ve done a great job in keeping Luongo fit but Kieran often talks about managing players workload and Travis looks like the perfect player to do this as well as more full-back cover

I think people are overthinking the whole 'won't start ahead of Morsy' thing. We have and need options all over the pitch, it's very much a squad game and we clearly see him as an upgrade on Ball. If he's been frozen out at struggling Blackburn and not seeing eye to eye with JDT you can see why getting away into a fresh environment for a side 2nd in the league would appeal. Like anyone, if he impresses and plays well, he'll get minutes.
Travis on 11:39 - Jan 5 with 917 viewstractorboy1978

Travis on 11:37 - Jan 5 by _clive_baker_

I think people are overthinking the whole 'won't start ahead of Morsy' thing. We have and need options all over the pitch, it's very much a squad game and we clearly see him as an upgrade on Ball. If he's been frozen out at struggling Blackburn and not seeing eye to eye with JDT you can see why getting away into a fresh environment for a side 2nd in the league would appeal. Like anyone, if he impresses and plays well, he'll get minutes.

It excites me that we've really strengthened two areas you wouldn't have considered top priority this early on. Bodes well for the rest of the window. I don't think we will be leaving anything to chance and expect there will be 1 or 2 more ins/outs than a lot of people expected.
[Post edited 5 Jan 11:40]
Travis on 11:40 - Jan 5 with 898 viewsKieran_Knows

Travis on 11:39 - Jan 5 by tractorboy1978

It excites me that we've really strengthened two areas you wouldn't have considered top priority this early on. Bodes well for the rest of the window. I don't think we will be leaving anything to chance and expect there will be 1 or 2 more ins/outs than a lot of people expected.

3 more in, at a guess.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Travis on 11:43 - Jan 5 with 872 views_clive_baker_

Travis on 11:39 - Jan 5 by tractorboy1978

My priorities were in the wide / #10 role (signed Sarmiento), CM (looks like we've got Travis in) and, clearly, #9 (think we probably need 2 here with Hirst being out).

I think if we can do that then we'll be in a good spot. Deregister and / or move on 2 or 3 of Evans, Aluko, Ball, Ladapo & Donacien.
[Post edited 5 Jan 11:44]
Travis on 11:45 - Jan 5 with 844 viewsOldFart71

A few on here are saying we don't appear to be upgrading. Maybe this is a situation where like myself the powers that be at PR can see that we aren't yet ready for the Premier League. We have outperformed I believe what was expected. Most I feel would agree that several players in the squad unfortunately aren't of the standard needed for the Championship, let alone the Premier League and whilst Gamechanger has the financial clout there's also the fair play rules to abide by and to bring in the quality needed, given the injuries to a couple of our better players it would cost many, many millions to bring in the quality needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Travis on 11:52 - Jan 5 with 753 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Travis on 11:45 - Jan 5 by OldFart71

A few on here are saying we don't appear to be upgrading. Maybe this is a situation where like myself the powers that be at PR can see that we aren't yet ready for the Premier League. We have outperformed I believe what was expected. Most I feel would agree that several players in the squad unfortunately aren't of the standard needed for the Championship, let alone the Premier League and whilst Gamechanger has the financial clout there's also the fair play rules to abide by and to bring in the quality needed, given the injuries to a couple of our better players it would cost many, many millions to bring in the quality needed.

He’s a definite upgrade on Ball. He does a job but is clearly limited - not a box to box midfielder in the same way that Morsy and Luongo are (i.e picking up the ball from our CBs and driving forward. I think Travis will be better in this regard.

We aren’t ready for the PL yet, nor do we need to be. If we invest heavily and don’t go up, you are right we could run in to FFP issues (without player trading). But IF we did go up, I’m sure GC will invest heavily to try and keep us there (plus >100m tv income). This looks like a sensible signing that improves our backup, which evidently needs to be done whether we go up or not.

Who we bring in up front will likely give us a better idea of our ambitions for this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024