Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greatest Age Gap Between Two ITFC Players In A Match? 19:08 - Jan 3 with 2520 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

Watched Milner (37yrs) playing with Ferguson (19yrs) for Brighton last night and wondered which ITFC players, with the biggest age difference, played together for us.

We have had 16 year olds play for us so guessing that a greater age difference than 18 years is possible.

Anyone know the answer?
Greatest Age Gap Between Two ITFC Players In A Match? on 10:53 - Jan 4 with 352 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Greatest Age Gap Between Two ITFC Players In A Match? on 10:27 - Jan 4 by hoppy

John Wark finał game: Tranmere Rovers 0-3 (A) Division 1 30-11-1996

Kieron Dyer debut: Crystal Palace 3-1 (H) Division 1 26-12-1996
[Post edited 4 Jan 10:28]

I have just seen that, he played both his first and last games for Ipswich in wins against Crystal Palace 15 years apart! Although he played his last game for Ipswich for one of the youth teams in 2017 and he's have been much older than the likes of Dobra, Clements, Ndaba and co. In non-competitive another shout might be 1994/95 with George Burley who would have been in his late 30's playing alongside a 16/17 year old Richard Wright against Motherwell at the end of the season.
Greatest Age Gap Between Two ITFC Players In A Match? on 12:02 - Jan 4 with 298 viewsHerbivore

Can I just say kudos to the OP, this has been a really interesting thread.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Greatest Age Gap Between Two ITFC Players In A Match? on 13:57 - Jan 4 with 253 viewsHorsham

John Wark and Phil Whelan must have been a fair old age gap.

Also extra points for them being a centre back partnership and of course Whelan’s goal at Southend.

*complete absence of research on my behalf but a completely emotional nomination!
[Post edited 4 Jan 14:07]
Greatest Age Gap Between Two ITFC Players In A Match? on 15:03 - Jan 4 with 225 viewsEireannach_gorm

Some great differences mentioned here.

On a slightly of topic age difference, I played rugby and won a cup medal with my father.
I was a 19 yr old hooker and he was a 43 yr old scrum half. He really enjoyed that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024