Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Penalties? 00:23 - Dec 30 with 762 viewsBrettenhamBlue

I didn't watch the game, only listened to the game. Were they stalwart penalties as the QPR manager said?

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

2 Penalties? on 00:25 - Dec 30 with 753 viewsPlums

One was a blatant dive, the second wouldn't have been a penalty a year or two ago but in the VAR world undoubtedly would be now if it was reviewed.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

2 Penalties? on 00:27 - Dec 30 with 741 viewsstonojnr

no, the 1st was a dive, the 2nd well we learnt against Leicester arm on the ball in the box isnt a penalty.
2 Penalties? on 00:39 - Dec 30 with 709 viewsredrickstuhaart

2 Penalties? on 00:27 - Dec 30 by stonojnr

no, the 1st was a dive, the 2nd well we learnt against Leicester arm on the ball in the box isnt a penalty.

There was no handball by Leicester.

Tonight's might hav ebeen given by VAR- though on the brief viewings Ive had, Id question whether Kayden was being pushed/ jostled such that it really wasnt intentional.
2 Penalties? on 00:44 - Dec 30 with 671 viewsArnoldMoorhen

2 Penalties? on 00:39 - Dec 30 by redrickstuhaart

There was no handball by Leicester.

Tonight's might hav ebeen given by VAR- though on the brief viewings Ive had, Id question whether Kayden was being pushed/ jostled such that it really wasnt intentional.

As I watched live I called it instantly "Ooh, there was a handball there, we've got away with one!"

But viewing the replay, a QPR player pulls on Jackson's shoulder causing his arm to flail outwards.

So a good VAR ref would spot that and rule it completely accidental (or possibly a foul to us for the pull on Jackson).

But a negligent VAR ref would just see the hand away from the body and give the penalty.
2 Penalties? on 00:47 - Dec 30 with 636 viewsredrickstuhaart

2 Penalties? on 00:44 - Dec 30 by ArnoldMoorhen

As I watched live I called it instantly "Ooh, there was a handball there, we've got away with one!"

But viewing the replay, a QPR player pulls on Jackson's shoulder causing his arm to flail outwards.

So a good VAR ref would spot that and rule it completely accidental (or possibly a foul to us for the pull on Jackson).

But a negligent VAR ref would just see the hand away from the body and give the penalty.

Unfortunately most var refs and non var ones don't appear to read the laws, or exercise any logical judgment anymore. But yes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024