Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton… 09:13 - Dec 28 with 1666 viewshoppy

I hadn’t realised before their current unbeaten run, what a torrid September they’d had… 4 straight defeats - 5-0 away at Sunderland, 4-1 home to Leicester, 1-0 home to us and 2-1 away at Middlesbrough… and then to go on such an extended unbeaten run.

Some have moaned about our last 3 games being a defeat sandwiched by 2 draws. If we could do what Southampton have done since those 4 straight defeats, we’d be up, wouldn’t we?!

[turn off dreaming mode]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Southampton… on 09:39 - Dec 28 with 1478 viewsGlasgowBlue

We couldn’t have played them at a better time.

Just goes to show that directors and fans need to show patience with a new manager attempting to change the playing style of a team. Although I’m sure Rooney is also highlighting this to his bosses.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 9:39]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Southampton… on 10:33 - Dec 28 with 1154 viewsBLUEGOLD

They are unbeaten in 16 games, yet only accrued 6 more points than us in that period, 38 to our 32.

I’d take being 1 point behind them with 6 games to go well clear of the others.
Southampton… on 11:17 - Dec 28 with 958 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Worth noting they still have Leicester, us and Leeds all to play away with Leeds vs Southampton the last game of the season. It’s plausible the last day of the season could be the greatest the Championship has ever seen.
Southampton… on 11:22 - Dec 28 with 927 viewsSitfcB

On the ball City on Monday

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Southampton… on 11:42 - Dec 28 with 837 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is the thing. Have Southampton sorted themselves out and they are now world beaters who will challenge Leicester for the title or have they just had an exceptionally good run and can easily have another poor one?

Ultimately if we win our games, it will matter little. Who knows how the African Nations Cup will affect Leicester's squad and their form? Last season Sheffield Wednesday were already promoted, this one it is Leicester. Last season Barnsley and Derby had the form no one else would live with, this season it is Leeds and Southampton. Time will tell.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Southampton… on 11:46 - Dec 28 with 798 viewsBloomBlue

And I've not looked at their games coming up but speaking with someone at halftime during Leicester, their games in Jan and Feb are technically all easy games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024