Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted 17:17 - Dec 23 with 4008 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

in December from 3rd place. Leeds support is going over the top as per usual, fuelled by a media narrative that Ipswich are a mere fluke, bound to fall away and won’t be anywhere near the top 10 next season…. They beat us before and dropped points immediately after, yeah we lost today and our only fault is really we aren’t a big occasion team, but assuming we get similar results for the rest of the season we’ll still finish 2nd unless we have a Newcastle in 1996 style meltdown.

As for those who believe Leeds to be invincible, worse teams than us have beaten and nicked points against them, we simply didn’t match the occasion today.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:21 - Dec 23 with 3951 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We are in a position where we only have to worry about ourselves but for some reason a few in our fanbase cares about the others think and say. Let them have the narrative, it’s our to prove wrong.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 17:33]
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:33 - Dec 23 with 3880 viewsMJallday

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:21 - Dec 23 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We are in a position where we only have to worry about ourselves but for some reason a few in our fanbase cares about the others think and say. Let them have the narrative, it’s our to prove wrong.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 17:33]

Right now it’s ours to lose

Let the media do their bias and let the northern monkeys celebrate their promotion today

We will just carry on as we were

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:44 - Dec 23 with 3795 viewsHarleydavidsonBlue

Yes it was very disapointing today, but , still 7 points ahead of 3rd, and a long way to go. But just to put it all into perspective, team values as follows:

1 Leics = £252m
2 ITFC = £11.3m
3 Leeds = 203m

BLUE ARMY, BLUE ARMY - C O Y B
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:51 - Dec 23 with 3762 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:44 - Dec 23 by HarleydavidsonBlue

Yes it was very disapointing today, but , still 7 points ahead of 3rd, and a long way to go. But just to put it all into perspective, team values as follows:

1 Leics = £252m
2 ITFC = £11.3m
3 Leeds = 203m

BLUE ARMY, BLUE ARMY - C O Y B

Others have beaten Leeds and Leicester though, it’s not just about money.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:07 - Dec 23 with 3673 viewsStokieBlue

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:51 - Dec 23 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

By the same token, Sunderland have beaten Leeds and we've beaten them.

If you want to make this type of point you need to think harder

SB
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:07]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:15 - Dec 23 with 3629 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:07 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

By the same token, Sunderland have beaten Leeds and we've beaten them.

If you want to make this type of point you need to think harder

SB
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:07]

The point I’m making is that they were absolutely beatable today, worse teams have nicked points off them all season, all the pre match was about how the pressure was all on Leeds, they turned up full of fire to win, we looked shaken immediately, same with Norwich at home, we’re just not a big occasion side yet. Sometimes you need that little extra and we haven’t had it the last couple of games. The upside is this will highlight what we need going forward, we should by all accounts still be promoted based on the maths as we should still beat the poorer teams, and we can beat Leicester if we don’t let the occasion get to us.

My honest feeling, taking the maths and PPG out of the equation, I think we’re probably going to need a few seasons to get it right before going up, but as I stated it’d take a Newcastle style drop in form for us to not finish top 2 now.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:17 - Dec 23 with 3604 viewsMattinLondon

Who cares what Leeds fans are or are not shouting about. They are just a badly supported club who have an over inflated opinion of themselves.

We are where we are out of merit. Just lazy journalism to label is as a fluke.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:27 - Dec 23 with 3500 viewsStewart27

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 17:51 - Dec 23 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Your narratives are all over the place today buddy.

Grab a beer. Enjoy Christmas. Enjoy the 7 point gap. Let’s go again on boxing day.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:28 - Dec 23 with 3496 viewsBent_double

Leeds are a nasty little club with a bunch of entitled fans, hopefully they will stay where they are though and have to do it the hard way through the POs.

They do have an outstanding bunch of players, and a manager who knows how to get promoted, but at the moment they probably need to win at least 2 more games than us to get second.

I still thing there are 13 or 14 wins out there for us, a couple of draws and maybe 5 or 6 defeats to come, so they are gonna have to put in a performance like today in every single game to stand a chance.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:50 - Dec 23 with 3368 viewsKitman

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:28 - Dec 23 by Bent_double

Leeds are a nasty little club with a bunch of entitled fans, hopefully they will stay where they are though and have to do it the hard way through the POs.

They do have an outstanding bunch of players, and a manager who knows how to get promoted, but at the moment they probably need to win at least 2 more games than us to get second.

I still thing there are 13 or 14 wins out there for us, a couple of draws and maybe 5 or 6 defeats to come, so they are gonna have to put in a performance like today in every single game to stand a chance.

I heard they hate their 70's accolade of 'Dirty' Leeds still bandied about. From one who watched their Revie era side I saw more than a shade of that today. They certainly still dish it out...

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:53 - Dec 23 with 3338 viewsBluespeed225

It’s a Yorkshire thing. If you remember, Wednesday were up automatically in February this year.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 19:00 - Dec 23 with 3270 viewsITFCSG

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:50 - Dec 23 by Kitman

I heard they hate their 70's accolade of 'Dirty' Leeds still bandied about. From one who watched their Revie era side I saw more than a shade of that today. They certainly still dish it out...

Watching the match reminded me of the scum. Quite a couple of their players were cheats and excelled in showmanship in particular Spence, Ampadu and their talisman Summerville. The whole team were much more streetwise and had greater "football intelligence" than us in general. Sometimes I feel we are just too "nice", honest and clean for the Championship especially against ex-Prem players.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 20:02 - Dec 23 with 3063 viewsBlueOura

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:15 - Dec 23 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

The point I’m making is that they were absolutely beatable today, worse teams have nicked points off them all season, all the pre match was about how the pressure was all on Leeds, they turned up full of fire to win, we looked shaken immediately, same with Norwich at home, we’re just not a big occasion side yet. Sometimes you need that little extra and we haven’t had it the last couple of games. The upside is this will highlight what we need going forward, we should by all accounts still be promoted based on the maths as we should still beat the poorer teams, and we can beat Leicester if we don’t let the occasion get to us.

My honest feeling, taking the maths and PPG out of the equation, I think we’re probably going to need a few seasons to get it right before going up, but as I stated it’d take a Newcastle style drop in form for us to not finish top 2 now.

Im sorry but that post is utter crap from start to finish
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 22:38 - Dec 23 with 2579 viewsVegtablue

You've made up your media narrative. Nowhere near the top 10 next season.. I understand hyperbole but that's as extreme as it is false. I suspect the slight majority believe Leeds will catch us and we won't win the playoffs. However, media predictions before a ball was kick landed between playoffs and mid-table, bookmaker predictions between 5th and 10th. We haven't gone backwards in their estimation since.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 22:52 - Dec 23 with 2503 viewsChurchman

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:17 - Dec 23 by MattinLondon

Who cares what Leeds fans are or are not shouting about. They are just a badly supported club who have an over inflated opinion of themselves.

We are where we are out of merit. Just lazy journalism to label is as a fluke.

Absolutely Matt. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Especially supporters clubs relegated last year or the year before because they weren’t good enough. It doesn't matter. Norwich are close to the play offs, Saints won, West Brom are strong and Watford are winning games, etc etc. Whoopee for them. If they think we’re a load of cr@p,who cares. I’ll try and live with the disappointment.

All that matters is our club, coaches, players and supporters. How we play, how we respond. The club is going the right way, the managers coaches and in fact the players are clear on what they want to do. That’s enough.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 23:13 - Dec 23 with 2397 viewspositivity

some people say that leeds are invincible
they're vincible

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 23:34 - Dec 23 with 2333 viewsberkstractorboy

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 18:15 - Dec 23 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

How many times this season have Leeds been beaten at ER? They are far more beatable away from home than at ER. Today was always going to be very tough.

And why does Rutter save his best performances against us!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 2:12]
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 00:34 - Dec 24 with 2195 viewsBLUEBEAT

They should be more worried about Southampton.

Steady and under the radar…

Poll: W or W

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 02:11 - Dec 24 with 2066 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 00:34 - Dec 24 by BLUEBEAT

They should be more worried about Southampton.

Steady and under the radar…

If we have to miss out on 2nd, I'd love Saints to pip them on the final day at Elland Road.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 03:33 - Dec 24 with 1992 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

i'll allow them plaudits if only for scoring four at both Portman Road and again earlier in their home game against us. They got a victory at Leicester also ?

You / I / We may not like them but they're a useful team it's got to be said. I'd rather move on from the game, concentrate on our own endeavors. We're performing better in the league than them with a squad assembled at a snip of the cost of their own.

Maybe they WERE getting carried away by the big win but they got ground to make up while we can only pull away again with victories in future games and they drop points at the same time. No season is won or decided at this stage of games.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 07:15 - Dec 24 with 1822 viewsibbleobble

With the exception of Leicester away, I’d argue our hardest fixtures of the season are now done and we’re 7pts clear if 3rd at the season half way point. Defeat yesterday or not, we’re in a magnificent position and all but guaranteed a top 6 spot already.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 9:21]
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 08:59 - Dec 24 with 1530 viewsHerbivore

Your feathers are showing again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 09:11 - Dec 24 with 1487 viewsskinnybob72

We seem to be turning Leeds into some sort of monster because we were dreadful yesterday.

Reverse the roles - if we had beaten them twice they would be 19 points behind us and decidedly mid table. Reason? Because they have been fairly average against everyone else in the league!
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 09:39 - Dec 24 with 1396 viewsCLYDE

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 09:11 - Dec 24 by skinnybob72

We seem to be turning Leeds into some sort of monster because we were dreadful yesterday.

Reverse the roles - if we had beaten them twice they would be 19 points behind us and decidedly mid table. Reason? Because they have been fairly average against everyone else in the league!

Ipswich did not beat Leeds though .
Lose against Leicester then possible 4 pts ahead of them with 21 games left. Southampton will be a major issue for Ipswich

Leeds did not really start until October after all the players being sold with new players coming in and more importantly Farke then started.

The 2nd half of the season will be harder for Ipswich unfortunately.
Just being realistic thats all.
Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 10:04 - Dec 24 with 1318 viewsHerbivore

Leeds United are the first team to be promoted on 09:11 - Dec 24 by skinnybob72

If we'd beaten them twice they'd still be in 4th.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024