Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grief, loneliness, mental health struggles at Christmas 14:49 - Dec 21 with 2535 viewsSaleAway

Just a little reminder on here, that Christmas is often a hard time for a lot of people. Memories of loved ones lost, or reminders of happier times, and a break from social routines, means that people can often be alone with their thoughts, which is sometimes a sad and dangerous place to be.

This was brought home to me today - I lost my aunt in April, suddenly, to a Stroke. She had no children of her own, so me and my brother had a really close relationship with her. Most Christmases, she would come and visit. As I was finishing off Christmas cards and gifts today, I was hit by a wave of grief, realising that there was no gift to send to her, that I wouldn't chat to her on Christmas day, and we wouldn't share the normal laughs over the similar gifts that her and my mum always managed to send to each other.

So this Christmas, take some time to think about anyone that you know who might be alone, and could do with a bit of support or social contact, or if you are struggling, please reach out to someone, either in real life, or even on here. I think we've all seen that this place can be incredibly supportive when it needs to be.

Look after yourselves, everyone, I hope your Christmas brings you peace and joy ( and 6 points by boxing day night).

its ok, to not be ok -but reach out to someone, help is available if you need it.

Cheers.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Grief, loneliness, mental health struggles at Christmas on 16:28 - Dec 29 with 205 viewsBuhrer

I read your considerate post at the time but couldn't reply. Bumping it now with thanks for your thoughtfulness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024