Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... 17:17 - Dec 6 with 2712 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Just how so many of our seats are shown as Restricted View please?

I've not visited Elland Road thus far and being stuck in the corner, it doesn't seem to be the best of vantage points...

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thank you in advance
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 17:19 - Dec 6 with 2700 viewsSitfcB

It’s a shîte hole. Loads of pillars, most are fine just have to move your head.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 17:27 - Dec 6 with 2668 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 17:19 - Dec 6 by SitfcB

It’s a shîte hole. Loads of pillars, most are fine just have to move your head.

Possibly the most expensive ***** hole in the division

£47 and a good view of the action is not guaranteed...
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:33 - Dec 6 with 2577 viewsChris_ITFC

This picture gives you a good idea...

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:39 - Dec 6 with 2543 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:33 - Dec 6 by Chris_ITFC

This picture gives you a good idea...

Thank you both for your help 👍🏾
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:47 - Dec 6 with 2527 viewsgainsboroughblue

Where is the away section at Elland Road these days? Can remember standing in the South Stand and then the South East corner in the 80s and 90s. Last time I visited around 2015, we were put in the side stand opposite (John Charles Stand)?

Not obvious from the TV angles I have seen where they've shoved away fans.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:50 - Dec 6 with 2512 viewsDinDjarin

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:47 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

Where is the away section at Elland Road these days? Can remember standing in the South Stand and then the South East corner in the 80s and 90s. Last time I visited around 2015, we were put in the side stand opposite (John Charles Stand)?

Away fans are housed on one side of the John Charles Stand (towards the South Stand). The normal allocation is 1,566 seats in the upper tier and if required then a further 1104 seats can be provided in the lower tier, making the overall allocation 2,670. Entrance into the ground is via electronic turnstiles, where you need to insert your ticket into a barcode reader, to gain access.

The seating in the John Charles Stand is a mixture of old wooden and plastic seats. The leg room is sparse, plus there are a number of supporting pillars running along the front of the upper tier which could impede your view. So you may be better getting a ticket for the lower tier where your view is unobstructed. The facilities within the stand are okay, although parts do look a little dated. There is normally an excellent atmosphere generated within the stadium, with at times noise coming from every area of the ground. There is normally plenty of banter exchanged with the Leeds fans in the home end to the right of the away section. The stewarding is normally friendly and courteous.
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:53 - Dec 6 with 2505 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:47 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

From the graphic on our ticketing site, we are on the far right hand side of the West Stand, which is next to the South Stand
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:53 - Dec 6 with 2500 viewsgainsboroughblue

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:50 - Dec 6 by DinDjarin

Away fans are housed on one side of the John Charles Stand (towards the South Stand). The normal allocation is 1,566 seats in the upper tier and if required then a further 1104 seats can be provided in the lower tier, making the overall allocation 2,670. Entrance into the ground is via electronic turnstiles, where you need to insert your ticket into a barcode reader, to gain access.

The seating in the John Charles Stand is a mixture of old wooden and plastic seats. The leg room is sparse, plus there are a number of supporting pillars running along the front of the upper tier which could impede your view. So you may be better getting a ticket for the lower tier where your view is unobstructed. The facilities within the stand are okay, although parts do look a little dated. There is normally an excellent atmosphere generated within the stadium, with at times noise coming from every area of the ground. There is normally plenty of banter exchanged with the Leeds fans in the home end to the right of the away section. The stewarding is normally friendly and courteous.

Ah, so it's still there. I remember it feeling a bit cramped in there. From memory, we won 1-0 on a Tuesday night early on in the season. In fact, thinking about it, I've never seen us lose at Leeds. Maybe I need to go.

Login to get fewer ads

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:58 - Dec 6 with 2483 viewsDinDjarin

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:53 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

Ah, so it's still there. I remember it feeling a bit cramped in there. From memory, we won 1-0 on a Tuesday night early on in the season. In fact, thinking about it, I've never seen us lose at Leeds. Maybe I need to go.

Last time I went Darren Currie scored in a 1 - 1 I think?

Actually just checked and the reason I thought Currie is because of his open goal miss in injury time!!! Sure we were stood behind the goal for that match too?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 19:02]
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 2446 viewsgainsboroughblue

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 18:58 - Dec 6 by DinDjarin

Last time I went Darren Currie scored in a 1 - 1 I think?

Actually just checked and the reason I thought Currie is because of his open goal miss in injury time!!! Sure we were stood behind the goal for that match too?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 19:02]

Yep. I think it was Kuqi that scored at the other end from us.

That Currie miss....wow.

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 19:21 - Dec 6 with 2409 viewspetieboy2011

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 19:09 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

That Currie miss....wow.

My last visit to Elland Road was the 1-1 draw where Alan Lee scored an 88th minute equaliser to effectively relegate Leeds to League 1, and some Leeds fans invaded the pitch, ran over to us Ipswich fans and threw stuff at us.

Fun times!
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 19:31 - Dec 6 with 2385 viewsPinewoodblue

I suspect Leeds United actually break EFL rules on ticket pricing as the other three corners of the ground seem to be a lower category prices being the same as the rest of the West side stand.. Guess it is easier to charge the same price for all sections in the away area.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 20:34 - Dec 6 with 2286 viewsyorkshireblue

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 19:09 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

That Currie miss....wow.

Yeah, we were stood behind the goal. In my mind that miss cost us promotion.

Interestingly, Coventry for some more tickets yesterday - taking their allocation to 2,916.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/tickets-additional-800-tickets-availab
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 20:52 - Dec 6 with 2246 viewsgainsboroughblue

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 20:34 - Dec 6 by yorkshireblue

Yeah, we were stood behind the goal. In my mind that miss cost us promotion.

Interestingly, Coventry for some more tickets yesterday - taking their allocation to 2,916.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/tickets-additional-800-tickets-availab

Two moments stood out for me. The Currie miss at Leeds and when we went 1 up in injury time at Reading, only to concede an equaliser from the restart.

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 10:40 - Dec 8 with 1892 viewsyorkshireblue

Just bought my ticket as it hit my points level today.

Outside of block B1 there are less than 10 non-resticted view tickets still available. Block B1 is probably a third sold, with a mix of RV and non-RV seats available. Not surprising it's the least desirable given you're quite far from the action... it does seem some people are buying RV seats in other blocks rather than sit there.

Feel a bit dirty paying £47 as it'll only encourage clubs to charge more - but given I don't have to pay anything for transport as I live in Leeds it still one of the cheaper days out for me (sadly).
Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 12:22 - Dec 8 with 1819 viewsRyorry

Question re: Leeds Away Tickets - Can Anyone Explain... on 10:40 - Dec 8 by yorkshireblue

Just bought my ticket as it hit my points level today.

Outside of block B1 there are less than 10 non-resticted view tickets still available. Block B1 is probably a third sold, with a mix of RV and non-RV seats available. Not surprising it's the least desirable given you're quite far from the action... it does seem some people are buying RV seats in other blocks rather than sit there.

Feel a bit dirty paying £47 as it'll only encourage clubs to charge more - but given I don't have to pay anything for transport as I live in Leeds it still one of the cheaper days out for me (sadly).

Don't feel bad about it at all - you're doing your bit by going - call me cynical, but seems to me that Loads of Unicorns FC ticketing strategy is to put off as many away supporters as possible from visiting ER to reduce the noise they make!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024