Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What areas would you improve in January? 12:39 - Dec 3 with 6120 viewsbournemouthblue

We are crying out for a striker who can hold the ball up when Hirst goes off but I'd say we probably need backup for Davis. He does a tonne of work and if he was to get injured, having Clarke or Williams there for any length of time, isn't going to be ideal.

I suppose Humphreys is probably the backup currently but that's surely not ideal?

With Luongo and Morsy possibly away, we desperately need another combative midfielder who can get amongst it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What areas would you improve in January? on 17:15 - Dec 4 with 672 viewsJackNorthStand

What areas would you improve in January? on 12:41 - Dec 3 by ArnieM

Someone next to me yesterday said he’d heard Wet Spam are eying Davis and a figure of £30m being mentioned. I bloody hope not!

If we are top 2 at Christmas I couldn't see any of our players leaving in january. Unless it was a once in a lifetime move to a giant ofcourse. West Ham definately do not fit into that category
What areas would you improve in January? on 17:19 - Dec 4 with 663 viewsbazza

Chantry, nacton and whitton..
What areas would you improve in January? on 18:24 - Dec 4 with 601 viewsbefxblue

I'd imagine Leeds would get a sizeable chunk of any profit we make on the inevitable sale of Davis at some point, I feel quite chuffed we have such a player in our team and would be gutted to lose him, but I feel his trajectory is going upwards quicker than ours, which is saying something.
What areas would you improve in January? on 18:42 - Dec 4 with 581 viewsBigCommon

I think there is a bit of pressure on Ashton and the recruitment team to try and get a decent window done, like last January...... The Summer recruitment was steady, if unspectacular. But they had credit in the bank off the back of the January window, and the high of a promotion...
What the coaching staff have rinsed out of our squad , so far, this season is remarkable.. But we have some key players that could do with a boost, imo. The effort they are putting in, just has to be replicated throughout the club, including the recruitment side of things. Just so they know that everyone is pulling in the same direction..
We've given ourselves a really good shot at promotion. If we do fall short, then this window will come under scrutiny. More so than the Summer window, imo..
If we've got wriggle room to spend some money. It's definitely a risk worth taking for me.
What areas would you improve in January? on 21:44 - Dec 4 with 521 viewsjayessess

What areas would you improve in January? on 15:58 - Dec 4 by gosblue

Where have I said that McKenna is ruthless? I said that as he was at Man U who, btw let dozens of players go every year, he should understand the need to be ruthless. So what do you suggest, that we keep all our squad and bring in the two or three players we need for a promotion push? That’s a 10 point deduction and missing out on the playoffs. He’s already shown that he is capable of making tough decisions, otherwise Walton, Harness and Ladapo would be starting some games.

I'd say the way he's put his team together at Ipswich is a better indicator of what kind of manager he is than anything that happened before that.

Football involves tough decisions, but McKenna shown a willingness to keep working on players and to keep players around when some on here wanted rid of them.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024