Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mexican Commentary 12:50 - Nov 30 with 1082 viewsacj

Watched the game on ESPN+ last night, and normally it’s broadcast on there with English commentary (I guess the same one used for the US broadcast), but last night they only had Latin American audio available, which was the first time I’ve ever watched town with Spanish language commentary.

The commentators were Mexican, and quite clearly had no idea who we were. That said, they’d done their homework and through the game sounded like they were reading from a whole folder of facts they’d compiled about us. They loved the whole Ed Sheeran connection and also spent a while discussing Alf Ramsey at one point. While there were some dodgy mispronunciations at points (they kept calling us ‘Lizwidj’) it was quite entertaining and fun to see them discovering us and presenting us to a new audience.

Interestingly, they were very, very impressed with Wes Burns and thought he was our best player, and at the end they were saying they hoped they’d get to watch us again sometime this season.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 12:54]

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Mexican Commentary on 12:54 - Nov 30 with 1038 viewsIllinoisblue

The English commentary was on there but weirdly, the Spanish language broadcast was featured on the main menu page and you had to scroll down for the English version. The English commentator was annoying, just reeling off a bunch of Xg stats and how us losing at WBA was a “huge blip”.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mexican Commentary on 13:25 - Nov 30 with 944 viewsacj

Mexican Commentary on 12:54 - Nov 30 by Illinoisblue

The English commentary was on there but weirdly, the Spanish language broadcast was featured on the main menu page and you had to scroll down for the English version. The English commentator was annoying, just reeling off a bunch of Xg stats and how us losing at WBA was a “huge blip”.

I’m in Chile, and here ESPN streaming is all on the Star+ platform - on there it was Spanish language only yesterday. Result though, really enjoyed it to be fair!

Still, looking forward to Westlake’s insights on TownTV at the weekend.

Mexican Commentary on 13:28 - Nov 30 with 923 viewsIllinoisblue

Mexican Commentary on 13:25 - Nov 30 by acj

I’m in Chile, and here ESPN streaming is all on the Star+ platform - on there it was Spanish language only yesterday. Result though, really enjoyed it to be fair!

Still, looking forward to Westlake’s insights on TownTV at the weekend.

I hear ya. Feel like I’ve been cheating on Westy and co. the last few weeks. Be good to get back to it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mexican Commentary on 09:43 - Dec 1 with 559 viewsBluespeed225

Did they go 'Gooooooooalllllll' in that great South American way? Later adopted by Alan Partridge for USA 94'!
Mexican Commentary on 09:58 - Dec 1 with 533 viewsacj

Mexican Commentary on 09:43 - Dec 1 by Bluespeed225

Did they go 'Gooooooooalllllll' in that great South American way? Later adopted by Alan Partridge for USA 94'!

Haha they sure did (I’m so used to it these days that it doesn’t even really register anymore!).

In fact, I think goals 2 & 3 both got the ‘golazo’ shout rather than just ‘gol’ - reserved for great goals.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024