Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who cares about tonight 00:23 - Nov 26 with 1276 viewsBlueStreak

If we win our home games this week.

Perspective.
Who cares about tonight on 00:27 - Nov 26 with 1250 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Obviously not an ideal performance or result but WBA away is one of the hardest 5 fixtures of the season. Millwall and Cov gives us a perfect opportunity to keep the 2 points a game thing up though.

Arguably a little more pressure on it after tonight but I expect us to respond.
Who cares about tonight on 00:30 - Nov 26 with 1238 viewspointofblue

If is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. If we get six out of six from the next two, you're right.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who cares about tonight on 00:50 - Nov 26 with 1194 viewsBlueStreak

Who cares about tonight on 00:27 - Nov 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Obviously not an ideal performance or result but WBA away is one of the hardest 5 fixtures of the season. Millwall and Cov gives us a perfect opportunity to keep the 2 points a game thing up though.

Couldn’t agree more. Back ourselves this week. We deliver points at home.

If we finish with 6/9 I think we extend the gap.
Who cares about tonight on 01:28 - Nov 26 with 1149 viewsSitfcB

After every loss we usually go in a big winning/unbeaten streak again so bring on Millwall.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who cares about tonight on 01:33 - Nov 26 with 1144 viewspointofblue

Who cares about tonight on 01:28 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

After every loss we usually go in a big winning/unbeaten streak again so bring on Millwall.

Not always - last year there were 'only' three games between Plymouth/Lincoln and four between Wycombe and Oxford.

Mind you, at the start of the season we would have expected far more defeats than we've had by this point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who cares about tonight on 03:16 - Nov 26 with 1089 viewsitfctilidie

Who cares about tonight on 00:27 - Nov 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Agree, not many teams will go to The Hawthorns and come away with the points this season. Both home games are winnable and if we do that then we have to be happy 6 out of the 9 on offer this week.
Who cares about tonight on 07:11 - Nov 26 with 950 viewsPioneerBlue

I take your point about moving on to the next game and putting it right. I do think a few people have got ahead of themselves looking at our lofty position and basically promoting a narrative that the playoffs are inevitable. This is certainly not the case.

The game with WBA and recently against others that scored lots of goals against us showed we are mortal and if not on our game others find ways to score and beat us. The good news is there are not many team that could do it the way WBA did.

Let’s taking the learnings as players and fans, remain humble and earn the right to win or take points in each game.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 7:13]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Who cares about tonight on 08:37 - Nov 26 with 823 viewsPinewoodblue

Who cares about tonight on 07:11 - Nov 26 by PioneerBlue

I take your point about moving on to the next game and putting it right. I do think a few people have got ahead of themselves looking at our lofty position and basically promoting a narrative that the playoffs are inevitable. This is certainly not the case.

The game with WBA and recently against others that scored lots of goals against us showed we are mortal and if not on our game others find ways to score and beat us. The good news is there are not many team that could do it the way WBA did.

Let’s taking the learnings as players and fans, remain humble and earn the right to win or take points in each game.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 7:13]

To be honest we deserved to lose yesterday evening, unlike our two previous defeats.

Looking back it you could say the game hinged on three corners, not just the two they scored from but also our first corner. . Had it worked, as it presumably did on the training ground, the result would have been different.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Who cares about tonight on 08:56 - Nov 26 with 745 viewsBent_double

Who cares about tonight on 08:37 - Nov 26 by Pinewoodblue

To be honest we deserved to lose yesterday evening, unlike our two previous defeats.

Looking back it you could say the game hinged on three corners, not just the two they scored from but also our first corner. . Had it worked, as it presumably did on the training ground, the result would have been different.

Taylor, wasn't it, who blasted miles over from the corner? Really annoying those, not to even get a shot on target from something they've practiced again and again.

Burns was the other culprit, I think, shooting way over when he should at least have made the 'keeper work a bit.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Who cares about tonight on 09:29 - Nov 26 with 717 viewstextbackup

I care.

I care that we again gave away an early goal.

Again another team ‘done a job on us’ it’s becoming frequent.

Win the next two and it’s happy days, but, yesterday was proper crap

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024