Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? 16:28 - Nov 18 with 1179 viewsChalonerC

Following CBower's brave, honest, helpful post encouraging men to get tested, it occurs to me, as one who has survived this horrible disease and made a film about the journey to help men and partners, that perhaps we can approach the Club to help us promote awareness. 1 in 8 men will get it. It doesn't need A level Maths to work out from an amazing crowd of some 30,000 what the odds are.

I am sure there are local Suffolk Prostate Cancer charities and support groups who would welcome some form of collaboration.

I am happy to take a lead but would be glad of any ideas, contacts, suggestions. Please PM me.

The OldGaffer

OldGaffer

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:24 - Nov 18 with 1109 viewsColin_Viljoen

CHAPS operate in this area.
PSA testing

https://chaps.mypsatests.org.uk/News/
Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:31 - Nov 18 with 1091 viewsChalonerC

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:24 - Nov 18 by Colin_Viljoen

PSA testing

Thanks! I will get in touch.

OldGaffer

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:33 - Nov 18 with 1095 viewsPhilTWTD

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:24 - Nov 18 by Colin_Viljoen

PSA testing

CHAPS have held screening days at Portman Road on a few occasions. I went to one myself the last time (result all fine, incidentally). We had Chris Booth, a retired urologist, from the charity on Life's a Pitch on the radio a few times.

CHAPS Prostate Cancer Screening at Portman Road Today 4th May 2019 09:36
Local men’s health charity CHAPS is holding a Prostate Cancer Screening Day in the Sir Bobby Robson Suite at Portman Road today (10am-1pm). 0

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 20:46 - Nov 18 with 974 viewsBluespeed225

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:33 - Nov 18 by PhilTWTD

CHAPS have held screening days at Portman Road on a few occasions. I went to one myself the last time (result all fine, incidentally). We had Chris Booth, a retired urologist, from the charity on Life's a Pitch on the radio a few times.

Local men’s health charity CHAPS is holding a Prostate Cancer Screening Day in the Sir Bobby Robson Suite at Portman Road today (10am-1pm). 0

That’s the one I went to. Based at Dedham? Gave results by email and time for return test depending on results.
Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 21:45 - Nov 18 with 914 viewsFreddies_Ears

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 17:33 - Nov 18 by PhilTWTD

The next CHAPS event is being planned over the last week.. look out for an announcement v soon! Meantime, any support from fans is positive...
Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 21:47 - Nov 18 with 891 viewsPhilTWTD

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 20:46 - Nov 18 by Bluespeed225

That’s the one I went to. Based at Dedham? Gave results by email and time for return test depending on results.

Indeed, friends with my cousin, coincidentally.
Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 21:48 - Nov 18 with 890 viewsPhilTWTD

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 21:45 - Nov 18 by Freddies_Ears

The next CHAPS event is being planned over the last week.. look out for an announcement v soon! Meantime, any support from fans is positive...

Thought one must be due. I'm sure I'll get a shout and will give it a mention on here.
Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 13:34 - Nov 19 with 718 viewsMillsey

I’m currently doing the 60 miles walk in November for Prostate Research, having had to have my Prostate removed, I’d love for this killer of men to be finally cured 👍
Already passed the 60 miles but will carry on until the end of the month.
Login to get fewer ads

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 16:20 - Nov 19 with 662 viewsChalonerC

Can ITFC help us make more men aware of Prostate Cancer? on 13:34 - Nov 19 by Millsey

I’m currently doing the 60 miles walk in November for Prostate Research, having had to have my Prostate removed, I’d love for this killer of men to be finally cured 👍
Already passed the 60 miles but will carry on until the end of the month.

Well done Millsey!

OldGaffer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024