Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kevin Mincher interview on Town TV 00:45 - Nov 18 with 1262 viewsbudgiebasher

He’s clearly an important cog in the wheel, helping the players and staff develop emotional fitness. Quite an intense character but super bright and likeable. Watching the interview just reinforced that something special is happening at our club and that this is just the start. I liked him saying that success without happiness is failure and how important it is to appreciate and enjoy these moments. He’s 💯 right. COYB

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

New Kevin Mincher interview on Town TV on 10:28 - Nov 18 with 957 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Thanks so much for highlighting the interview (it may well have passed me by) but that was an absolutely brilliant watch. I feel like I've learned something and am a better person myself just from watching it! Amazing! If that can do that to me in 20 minutes then it must be incredible having him around the club and having this stuff drilled into every aspect of how it works.

And as he mentions we can see tangible evidence of its effects starting to work in the players with the amount of times we've come from behind to draw or win. That's been quite unprecedented for Ipswich.

A lot of people mocked the 'running towards adversity' ethos as Brent-ish management waffle, but I thought at best it can't hurt... and seeing it everywhere (even on the inside of the shirt when the players put it on) it almost becomes subliminal.

Anyway, great stuff. I wish I could get Mr. Mincher to come and be mine and Lady Dollers' personal life coach!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

New Kevin Mincher interview on Town TV on 11:04 - Nov 18 with 875 views_clive_baker_

Thanks for sharing. It’s an interesting interview, in an area I’ve been curious about for a long time. I’ve always felt it so important as to the headspace of sports people (all people) for them to perform to the best of their own abilities. Of course it also comes to to quality, and their ability, I don’t think we would lose to Man City through a lack of motivation, but I’m convinced within any league if you remove the top and bottom 15% there’s generally very little difference in quality between the rest. It then comes down to a bit of fortune game to game but over a sustained period of time it’s about the attitude and application. You have to give the squad the conditions in which to thrive and I think the psychology bit is a big part of it. I think there’s loads of elements to that but I do think it was so abundantly clear under the previous regime that so many of them were wrong or non existent. A faceless owner, apathy among the fan base, corner cutting everywhere you look. What message does that send to a squad compared to the PR machine we have now, visits from the ownership, Ashton, work to the stadium and pitch, Mincher’s involvement and everything else that goes alongside it. It’s all breeding a culture of growth, development, opportunity, excitement, resilience. And you need players receptive and open to that which we clearly have.

Ladapo and Harness aren’t scoring crucial goals for us at this level because they’re better players than a lot of those they’re playing against, I’m convinced of that. They’re good players, don’t get me wrong, but it needs to be a whole lot more than that if you’re going to succeed without an open cheque book.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024