Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman road next steps 19:59 - Nov 16 with 1885 viewsBlueMoon

Ok, bear with me, realise this might sound a bit crazy but the recent news on the Magnus / Pioneer stand got me thinking. There are loads of restricted view seats up in the top tier. What with attendances at near capacity every home game, can anything be done to the roof to improve views up there? Appreciate the posts are the main issue but you also have the roof canopy (similar to other stands of that vintage) which is lower at the front than the rear, limiting the view further and looking rather dated.

There must be a few hundred seats that would benefit. Ashton has mentioned potential of the Cobbold being rebuilt, and the boxes in the Magnus being extended. Could this be potentially a cheap(ish) option to further improve the stadium?

Obviously if people are happy to buy the seats anyway then there’s little incentive for the club to spend money but, if nothing else, it would improve the image of the ground and potentially increase the revenue / ability to attract a decent sponsor for the stand.
Portman road next steps on 20:21 - Nov 16 with 1733 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I guess they could remove it completely. I am not sure it would improve the overall match experience, though!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Portman road next steps on 20:24 - Nov 16 with 1719 viewsSitfcB

The seats are consistently selling out though, doubt they’ll spend loads of money on making restricted view seats not restricted view when they’re getting full whack for the seats anyway!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Portman road next steps on 20:36 - Nov 16 with 1653 viewsb1079blue

It is cold and dark up the top In M block which was quite handy when we were pants I could get some shut eye. Nowadays it's sold out most games and after row p the view gets restricted, no screen and you can't see the corners, however you can see the C.E Matthews tanoy
When did they go bust?
Portman road next steps on 20:42 - Nov 16 with 1609 viewsBugs

When Mark Ashton said there was a long term stadium plan, If everything stays close to plan on the pitch, the replacement of the west stand is extremely likely part of that. With that in mind, I can't see any major infrastructural work on a stand that isn't likely to be here in 10 years time.
Portman road next steps on 08:00 - Nov 17 with 1006 viewsazuremerlangus

Part of the restricted view problem is the cantilever roof support brackets as well as the roof itself. Replacing of those too would require some engineering (and therefore money) - maybe it makes economic sense if it allows the stand to be extended back further increasing the capacity, otherwise its alot of money for hardly any gain.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024