Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? 17:22 - Oct 21 with 2687 viewsEssexBloo

Gone well for them since.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 2635 viewsburnbudgiesburn

If you keep flirting with relegation then eventually you fall through the trap door (unless your name is Everton)

Would be weird for a big county like Essex to have no football league sides.

Strange one, as i've seen them in a few of their games and they have been quite impressive.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:01 - Oct 21 with 2550 viewsblueislander

When did Colchester wil the League Cup? I definitely missed that.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 2558 viewsthatbdude

They're slowly turning into the Everton of League 2, been flirting with relegation the last few seasons but always find a way to pull out.

I wonder if they'll escape this time or has the trap door finally opened?

Poll: Who going down?

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:03 - Oct 21 with 2553 viewsgainsboroughblue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 17:33 - Oct 21 by burnbudgiesburn

If you keep flirting with relegation then eventually you fall through the trap door (unless your name is Everton)

Would be weird for a big county like Essex to have no football league sides.

Strange one, as i've seen them in a few of their games and they have been quite impressive.

North Essex was always a strong-ish strongold for Town, particularly Clacton/Harwich, Braintree/Witham. Competition is certainly sparser now for younger fans in that region.

West Ham certainly would account for a few but we will certainly be an appealing prospect to draw more support. In the other direction, we could do with clawing some of our Waveney territory back.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:08 - Oct 21 with 2533 viewsthatbdude

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:03 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

North Essex was always a strong-ish strongold for Town, particularly Clacton/Harwich, Braintree/Witham. Competition is certainly sparser now for younger fans in that region.

West Ham certainly would account for a few but we will certainly be an appealing prospect to draw more support. In the other direction, we could do with clawing some of our Waveney territory back.

Yeah there's a real north/south divide in essex with cultural and football differences and yes we need to reclaim waveney #suffolkisblueandwhitenotyellowandgreen

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:12 - Oct 21 with 2520 viewsgainsboroughblue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:08 - Oct 21 by thatbdude

Yeah there's a real north/south divide in essex with cultural and football differences and yes we need to reclaim waveney #suffolkisblueandwhitenotyellowandgreen

You could argue that we've lost a lot in deepest Suffolk too. I can recall being on the platform at Stowmarket and seeing plenty of yellow and green on their way to a game. That truly sickened me for a few hours.

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:46 - Oct 21 with 2434 viewsthatbdude

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:12 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

You could argue that we've lost a lot in deepest Suffolk too. I can recall being on the platform at Stowmarket and seeing plenty of yellow and green on their way to a game. That truly sickened me for a few hours.

It's so upsetting, I see a lot more big 6 and YS tops than Towen tops in recent years, probably due to how long it's been since we last were in the top flight

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 19:03 - Oct 21 with 2386 viewsnodge_blue

Looking at their line up all the ex ipswich players are no longer playing?

I cant get over all the years ipswich fans used to cheer their half time scores if they were winning, only to get pelters from them when they turned up not playing us for half a century, acting like norwich.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 19:09 - Oct 21 with 2351 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:01 - Oct 21 by blueislander

When did Colchester wil the League Cup? I definitely missed that.

Does that mean they have the same silverware as them lot up the road or does the Bayern Friendship Pennant trump it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 19:11 - Oct 21 with 2343 viewsgainsboroughblue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 19:03 - Oct 21 by nodge_blue

Looking at their line up all the ex ipswich players are no longer playing?

I cant get over all the years ipswich fans used to cheer their half time scores if they were winning, only to get pelters from them when they turned up not playing us for half a century, acting like norwich.

A fair few Town would go down and watch them. They used to play a lot of Friday nights when we were at home, in the way Tranmere did because one of the big Mersey clubs would be at home on the Sat.

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 20:53 - Oct 21 with 2234 viewsSharkey

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 19:11 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

A fair few Town would go down and watch them. They used to play a lot of Friday nights when we were at home, in the way Tranmere did because one of the big Mersey clubs would be at home on the Sat.

I don't think that was the reason. I used to watch both clubs regularly, and it wasn't usually on the same weekend.

A very sad day for the club today, in my opinion. Garner just couldn't get discipline from some decent players, and suspensions have come thick and fast, to very noticeable detrimental effect. I fear Neil Harris might be appointed, and that won't be much fun.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:04 - Oct 21 with 2208 viewsDinnernotTea

It's lovely isn't it. Like the thread suggests I used to go and watch them in the 90s and generally hope they win. But for the last 15 years I've enjoyed whenever they lose. Their pikey little scrotes who give it at Ipswich Station but not come into town have a lot to do with that. Then there's the sad, bitter twisted older Col Who that were too dim to respect George Burley for wanting to join the only club he loved.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:06 - Oct 21 with 2204 viewsSharkey

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:04 - Oct 21 by DinnernotTea

It's lovely isn't it. Like the thread suggests I used to go and watch them in the 90s and generally hope they win. But for the last 15 years I've enjoyed whenever they lose. Their pikey little scrotes who give it at Ipswich Station but not come into town have a lot to do with that. Then there's the sad, bitter twisted older Col Who that were too dim to respect George Burley for wanting to join the only club he loved.

I'm puzzled, - why are they at Ipswich station?
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:25 - Oct 21 with 2163 viewsWonTheCupin78

Manchester City won the league cup 2 years ago.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:35 - Oct 21 with 2140 viewsDinnernotTea

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:06 - Oct 21 by Sharkey

Stoke at home this season. They then went inside Station Hotel. As well you know Sharkey.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 22:10 - Oct 21 with 2086 viewsBlueStreak

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:25 - Oct 21 by WonTheCupin78

Manchester City won the league cup 2 years ago.

No Col Utd won it 0-1
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 22:44 - Oct 21 with 2024 viewsWonTheCupin78

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 22:10 - Oct 21 by BlueStreak

No Col Utd won it 0-1

They've won the FA Trophy, Watney Cup, Essex Senior Cup,Wilhire Cup (runners up) and have been Southern League Champions. They've never won the League Cup.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 22:48 - Oct 21 with 2013 viewsgainsboroughblue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 22:44 - Oct 21 by WonTheCupin78

They've won the FA Trophy, Watney Cup, Essex Senior Cup,Wilhire Cup (runners up) and have been Southern League Champions. They've never won the League Cup.

In order to save this thread, the OP is referring to Colchester's league cup first round win at Portman Road a couple of years ago, where I'm guessing the Col U fans celebrated as if they had won the whole thing.

Edit. I actually think that tie was last year.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 22:49]

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 23:06 - Oct 21 with 1967 viewsSharkey

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 22:48 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

In order to save this thread, the OP is referring to Colchester's league cup first round win at Portman Road a couple of years ago, where I'm guessing the Col U fans celebrated as if they had won the whole thing.

Edit. I actually think that tie was last year.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 22:49]

Yes, It seems a long time ago, but it's actually only 15 months or so. Things have certainly moved on apace.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 23:45 - Oct 21 with 1894 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 21:06 - Oct 21 by Sharkey

Young Colchester supporters are coming to Portman Road to back whoever is playing against us, they sing anti Ipswich songs at us at both Colchester and Ipswich stations.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 23:48 - Oct 21 with 1885 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 18:03 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

I’m from Essex and I’d say it’s probably the second biggest patch for Ipswich supporters in terms of numbers, even going to the games, Colchester station is rammed with Ipswich supporters and as others pointed out above chunks of northern Suffolk have defected.
Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 23:53 - Oct 21 with 1867 viewsgainsboroughblue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 23:48 - Oct 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I’m from Essex and I’d say it’s probably the second biggest patch for Ipswich supporters in terms of numbers, even going to the games, Colchester station is rammed with Ipswich supporters and as others pointed out above chunks of northern Suffolk have defected.

We certainly had some strong supporter club branches in Essex. Would always see coaches from Witham, Harwich, Kelevedon etc when I did regular away days in the 80s/90s.

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 05:57 - Oct 22 with 1786 viewsPerublue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 19:11 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

I always thought that too...I think Crewe or Port Vale used to also do a similar thing when Stoke were playing.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 06:12 - Oct 22 with 1776 viewsPerublue

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 05:57 - Oct 22 by Perublue

I always thought that too...I think Crewe or Port Vale used to also do a similar thing when Stoke were playing.

"The Football League, despite the protests of the pools companies, re-introduced permission to play Friday night football.

Colchester arranged ten games for Friday kick offs"

Found that on their official site,also appears they considered ground sharing with us at one point.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 07:10 - Oct 22 with 1732 viewsBluespeed225

Remember when Col Utd won the league cup 2 years ago? on 23:45 - Oct 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Young Colchester supporters are coming to Portman Road to back whoever is playing against us, they sing anti Ipswich songs at us at both Colchester and Ipswich stations.

And yet didn't show up when we were filling their stadium against Luton!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024