Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodness me we played well 08:50 - Oct 4 with 291 viewsDarkBrandon

I was sat in the upper tier of the Magnus stand watching the build up to what became the first goal last night.

Passing the ball around the back. And the front players aren’t moving. Like at all. None of them.
And I’m wondering what is going on. I know they are well coached, and they know what’s going on, but in my day the striker would be running from one side to another, creating space behind, or allowing a ball over the top for him to run into the channel. But they are still.

Then, somehow the ball is worked over to one side, and they all start moving. Suddenly the ball is played forward fast, Chaplin steps over it and Burns is clean through. (Tough chance, great strike, keeper maybe disappointed)

I still have no idea how they did that. They must have been waiting, waiting to draw the Hull defenders out of position, and then - *bang* - they all knew. Move now and there will be an overlap on the right hand side.

Hull are no mugs at all, but we made it look easy. Long ball, poor marking. But there was a lot going on there, although I’m not at all clear what.

I can’t remember a game when everyone played well like that one. Who was off the pace? McKenna didn’t make a sub until nearly the 80th minute, and you can see why. Who on earth could he take off?

Finally … one of the reasons we swapped Edmondson for Burgess is because the angles of Hull’s press could lead to more opportunities for a right footed centre half. What? Have you ever heard thinking at this level from a manager of ours? Or a manager anywhere? Astonishing.

I can see why there were 27k people there last night. This won’t last long. Or long enough, anyway. Enjoy every minute.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024