Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slicker 08:16 - Sep 23 with 1779 viewsMillsTash

So the inevitable will happen with Walton returning probably on the bench initially. What will happen to Slicker? I believe he was probably brought in to be our number 2 long term, but with the form of Hladky I can see him playing with Walton having to bide his time.

A loan for Slicker maybe?
Slicker on 12:17 - Sep 23 with 1460 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things change very quickly in football. I think Walton will be back in as number one when ready. I don't think we can loan Slicker out until January unless it is an emergency loan due to a club not having a fit keeper.

By January, the picture could easily have changed for them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Slicker on 12:19 - Sep 23 with 1454 viewsPhilTWTD

Can't go out until January - other than to the National League - and we'll need three keepers anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Slicker on 13:02 - Sep 23 with 1302 viewsArnieM

Controversial as it may seem , I can easily see Walton moving on. Slicker will eventually be our number 1 in the not too distant future. I feel that with Hladky’s form (arguably he’s now the best keeper), and I don’t think Walton would want to be number 2 if he’s fit and unable to get back in the side. He’ll only stick around for so long I feel.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Slicker on 13:07 - Sep 23 with 1282 viewsIllinoisblue

Slicker on 13:02 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

Controversial as it may seem , I can easily see Walton moving on. Slicker will eventually be our number 1 in the not too distant future. I feel that with Hladky’s form (arguably he’s now the best keeper), and I don’t think Walton would want to be number 2 if he’s fit and unable to get back in the side. He’ll only stick around for so long I feel.

That seems quite the leap tbh

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Slicker on 13:12 - Sep 23 with 1256 viewsemergencylime

I think McK might stick with Slick for cup game with Walton on bench if fit? Slicker’s only a bairn, one for the future.

Kinda feel for Hayes - I don’t recall seeing him get a loan sorted and not part of the named EFL squad.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

[Redacted] on 13:28 - Sep 23 with 1186 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Slicker on 13:33 - Sep 23 with 1166 viewsBiGDonnie

Slicker on 13:02 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

You really don't have a clue about anything football related do you.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Slicker on 13:39 - Sep 23 with 1123 viewsthe_toff

I think he probably knew when he signed that he would be 3rd choice given there were / are 2 senior keepers here already.

He’s young, his time will come. Hladky is 32 and out of contract in the summer too so who knows what the future holds for him. Guess it depends if Walton comes back in and does well, this spell of games might make his feet more itchy to go and play regularly somewhere.

I doubt Slicker will be too concerned at the moment. He could well be on the bench in the premier league next season the way things are going.
Login to get fewer ads

Slicker on 13:45 - Sep 23 with 1094 viewsArnieM

Slicker on 13:33 - Sep 23 by BiGDonnie

You really don't have a clue about anything football related do you.

Oh wind yer scraggy neck in. People have views and opinions . If you can’t react like an adult that’s more a reflection on you mate.

How about you try giving an adult opinion from your perspective other than this childish arrow response. You really are pathetic.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 13:47]

Slicker on 13:59 - Sep 23 with 1025 viewsArnieM

Slicker on 13:07 - Sep 23 by Illinoisblue

That seems quite the leap tbh

It’s just a view. It probably won’t happen but who knows. As someone else has already stated football changes quickly. It wasn’t that long ago the CB pairing of Woolfie : Edmundson seemed set in stone. The current CB pairing is quite likely to change again in the not too distant future.

With ref the GK’s. Whilst Slicker is young, he has excellent pedigree, and I don’t think he’s going to be on the sidelines for too many seasons before he’s a serious contender. Haldky’s form is excellent and I don’t see KM dropping him any time soon ( but who knows). Walton has been out for a while and will have a battle to win that jersey back. I also feel he has some shortcomings. His response to competition can only be good for the team and hopefully him too. But my extrapolation to he might want a nice at some point is based on his ability to force his way bank into the side. No one’s placed is safe snd perhaps at some point players feel they might get more game time at another club. What’s wrong with suggesting this might happen in this instance?

I’m not saying he’s going to slap in a transfer request and be gone in January. I was looking ahead and at a potential scenario.

But Some peoples response on here (not yours btw ) to a suggestion or view is just ridiculous

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024