Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 16:21 - Sep 8 with 760 viewsPerublue

I guess that's going to be 1-0 in the series to England....Now,many years ago,it was common practice to bat first in the UK in day/nighters....kiwis put us in....have things changed ?

Nice to see Brook given a chance btw
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 16:22]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Cricket on 19:38 - Sep 8 with 654 viewsPerublue

…. And that’s why I gave up betting.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Cricket on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 631 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cricket on 19:38 - Sep 8 by Perublue

…. And that’s why I gave up betting.

It was a very one-sided contest ... just not the way you thought!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket on 20:16 - Sep 8 with 608 viewsSharkey

You'd think England might practice the ODI format at least once or twice before taking on a team as good as New Zealand. Have a North v South game or something, even if in this country it's hard to concoct a genuine rivalry in the way that Australia can do things like 'state of origin' games. (Maybe they could have a boarders versus day boys match, harking back to their school days!)
Cricket on 20:28 - Sep 8 with 594 viewsstonojnr

Cricket on 20:16 - Sep 8 by Sharkey

You'd think England might practice the ODI format at least once or twice before taking on a team as good as New Zealand. Have a North v South game or something, even if in this country it's hard to concoct a genuine rivalry in the way that Australia can do things like 'state of origin' games. (Maybe they could have a boarders versus day boys match, harking back to their school days!)

well better to be playing like that now, than first game of the world cup.

I was just surprised how many times the NZ'ders could hit the ball straight back over the bowlers head and we didnt seem to change anything, or learn from it, almost like England wanted the game to finish quickly so THEY could watch the rugby.

It was funny listening to the Sky commentators though, they get one over where theyve brought the field in and its all wow great tactic England putting the pressure on NZ now, theyve only got 1 run from that over, because Conway was getting his ton, next over goes for 18 runs, silence from the comm box.
Cricket on 20:36 - Sep 8 with 577 viewsSharkey

Cricket on 20:28 - Sep 8 by stonojnr

well better to be playing like that now, than first game of the world cup.

I was just surprised how many times the NZ'ders could hit the ball straight back over the bowlers head and we didnt seem to change anything, or learn from it, almost like England wanted the game to finish quickly so THEY could watch the rugby.

It was funny listening to the Sky commentators though, they get one over where theyve brought the field in and its all wow great tactic England putting the pressure on NZ now, theyve only got 1 run from that over, because Conway was getting his ton, next over goes for 18 runs, silence from the comm box.

I must admit, I'm chronically old-school when it comes to cricket, and don't like the idea that one international game is just a warm-up for another international game. (I do realise England play friendlies in football) Not the same point exactly, but I have found it difficult to relate to the England side since the players pretty much stopped playing county cricket. (Again you could answer of course that half the England football team don't play club football!)
Cricket on 21:03 - Sep 8 with 547 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's possible that several of our players have forgotten how to play 50 over cricket, seeing as none of them play it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024