Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learnt from today? 21:47 - Sep 2 with 3033 viewsnodge_blue

1. I still have no idea how well we will do over the season. I suspect about 9th. We sure try. This team have character and desire in bucketloads. And that can take you along way.
2. Clarke needs to look over his shoulder more when tracking back. He left his winger horribly open in the first half as he got drawn to the ball in the middle, which the centre halves were covering. He didn’t have his best game and could be under threat from Williams.
3. Broadhead did what he did a la Sheffield Wednesday. He provides moments of quality that suddenly inspires the team. A little like Leeds game though I’d like him and Chaplin to just get a touch more involved and dictate.
4. Burns had another decent game imo. His deep crosses still need working on. He’s more effective with pull backs.
5. Haladkey made some top draw saves. Well played.
6. We coughed up possession in the first half more than I can remember for many months. I’m not sure if Cardiff dealt with us well or we just had a bit of an off day. Better in the second half.
7. I like Hutchison. Confident and scares defences. Roy Keane may say he’s a fizzy drink player. But for the last 20 minutes he’s ideal. And exciting.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learnt from today? on 22:00 - Sep 2 with 2899 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Hutchinson had his best appearance to date in my opinion. Looked dangerous, ball sticks to him like glue, and brought much needed running at a tight defence. Even did some great pressing and a couple of blocks towards the end. Looks a very decent prospect and a superb option to unlock defences.
What we learnt from today? on 22:03 - Sep 2 with 2869 viewsEatonBlue

Agree with that summary and would add 8. Cardiff are a good solid team and did not make many errors. The fact that they sit 19th in the table shows the quality of this league.
What we learnt from today? on 22:06 - Sep 2 with 2851 viewsIllinoisblue

What we learnt from today? on 22:03 - Sep 2 by EatonBlue

Agree with that summary and would add 8. Cardiff are a good solid team and did not make many errors. The fact that they sit 19th in the table shows the quality of this league.

Thought Cardiff were decent; they’ve had away games at Leeds, Leicester and us; a very tough start. Although with their manager already throwing players under the bus, sounds like all is not well there.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What we learnt from today? on 22:48 - Sep 2 with 2676 viewsBondiBlue

3. Hard to get more involved that far up the pitch because you're relying on someone passing you the ball, which morsy did well on occasion (e.g. for the goal). Looks like taylor will be able to get the ball to them - good passer. I was wondering if taylor might have been brought on a little earlier to try to do that. But then again luongo is such a good all-rounder.

Poll: Which would you accept?

What we learnt from today? on 22:53 - Sep 2 with 2633 viewsgainsboroughblue

What we learnt from today? on 22:06 - Sep 2 by Illinoisblue

Thought Cardiff were decent; they’ve had away games at Leeds, Leicester and us; a very tough start. Although with their manager already throwing players under the bus, sounds like all is not well there.

I don't think he's going to last there very long. They've not been shy about pulling the trigger there in the last couple of years.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What we learnt from today? on 07:19 - Sep 3 with 2157 viewsBluespeed225

What we learnt from today? on 22:00 - Sep 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Hutchinson had his best appearance to date in my opinion. Looked dangerous, ball sticks to him like glue, and brought much needed running at a tight defence. Even did some great pressing and a couple of blocks towards the end. Looks a very decent prospect and a superb option to unlock defences.

That step over at Reading to set up Freddie was nuts, I almost went over sitting on the settee! Like starting a new job anywhere he had a settling in period, and now seems like he’s got to know his workmates, they know him and things have improved very quickly. Exciting player.
What we learnt from today? on 07:36 - Sep 3 with 2091 viewsPioneerBlue

I would add all those giving the window <7 need to wait a bit to find out how Williams, Hutchinson, Scarlett, even Taylor settle and contribute.

We’ve read how underwhelmed our fans with their UEFA coaching badge A licences are with what arrived. Sorry but we do have to read some drivel.

Today (exception DS) several of those started to demonstrate why they are here, share minutes, compete for places, add quality on the ball. In a month, when they are fitter, know the way we play and they have had a few more games we could look like a different team with these lads really helping to push us forwards.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

What we learnt from today? on 07:55 - Sep 3 with 2001 viewsbrogansnose

This side has shed loads of resilience and determination. At no point did their heads go down or at 2-2 settle for the draw, just a hard nosed focus on winning. They demonstrated this too against Leeds. We've not had this for years and , like the OP says, it can take you a long way.
Login to get fewer ads

What we learnt from today? on 08:23 - Sep 3 with 1898 viewstextbackup

On 2… should Burns not have been tracking that wide man better as he’d have seen Clarke naturally move in to the middle?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What we learnt from today? on 10:02 - Sep 3 with 1695 viewsnodge_blue

What we learnt from today? on 08:23 - Sep 3 by textbackup

On 2… should Burns not have been tracking that wide man better as he’d have seen Clarke naturally move in to the middle?

I haven't got video recall in my brain of it all, but I don't think (for whatever reason) Burns was anywhere near the guy so Clarke should have stayed wider and tracked his run. Instead he just went towards the penalty spot direction. I think he had no awareness of him.

I think he's looked a bit off it and could be that his achilles is holding him back a bit too. Williams is welcome cover and could become the main option.

What we learnt from today? on 10:12 - Sep 3 with 1664 viewsArnieM

My only question re that right side of the pitch is thus. Where the hell was Burns for most if that first half when not in possession? He did little tracking back and he left Clarke isolated. Even in the second half when he was dumped on his star he sat there for an eternity before getting up and jogging back towards our box. The two players seemed to be having a go at one another most of the game. It was noticeably tighter when Hutch and Williams came in. They actually worked together as a unit both in attacking and defending modes.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What we learnt from today? on 10:32 - Sep 3 with 1615 viewspointofblue

Burns was marking another player at the time - he was Clarke's man and he should have engaged.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What we learnt from today? on 10:52 - Sep 3 with 1563 viewsbilllm

Before the end of the season,
Taylor a craftsman will replace Massimo,
Williams will replace Clarke,
Burns better watch over his shoulder omari is a damn better player than I gave him credit for,
He's now learning the mck way tracking back,
Going forward silky,
What we learnt from today? on 12:24 - Sep 3 with 1434 viewstractorboy1978

What we learnt from today? on 22:00 - Sep 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yes, it's almost like McKenna knows what a good player is!

I thought Taylor, Hutchinson, Williams were all excellent when they came on yesterday. Add Scarlett in the mix and it's exciting to think how much improvement there still is in this team once they are all fully settled/up and running.
What we learnt from today? on 12:47 - Sep 3 with 1382 viewsnodge_blue

What we learnt from today? on 10:12 - Sep 3 by ArnieM

My only question re that right side of the pitch is thus. Where the hell was Burns for most if that first half when not in possession? He did little tracking back and he left Clarke isolated. Even in the second half when he was dumped on his star he sat there for an eternity before getting up and jogging back towards our box. The two players seemed to be having a go at one another most of the game. It was noticeably tighter when Hutch and Williams came in. They actually worked together as a unit both in attacking and defending modes.

I think thats a fair assessment. Though fresh legs for only 20 minutes probably allows them more ability to both work hard up and down.

Williams must have a high level of ability to play 50 matches for man utd.

What we learnt from today? on 12:53 - Sep 3 with 1361 viewstractorboy1978

I hope people remember yesterday when we inevitably have an off day at some point. My overriding feeling was one of pride in this team. As you say, the character and desire is unquestionable. And that will take us a long way in what is going to be a league of very fine margins most weeks.
What we learnt from today? on 12:58 - Sep 3 with 1347 viewsBloomBlue

For no2 I think you have to give Cardiff some credit they moved the ball very quickly from our left to right. Clarke did give far too much space, but who was tracking Ramsey? He played that pass from near the centre circle and continued his run with no Town player tracking him
What we learnt from today? on 15:12 - Sep 3 with 1247 views_clive_baker_

What we learnt from today? on 22:03 - Sep 2 by EatonBlue

I think Cardiff might be in for a long season. Flashes of quality, but looked so fearful in the 2nd half when the finish line was in sight. That’s a few times they’ve thrown away good leads now, I can see it taking its toll on their confidence and don’t think the managers comments will do much to change that. What’s worse is they’ve done Mick and Warnock, so who do they even turn to in February when they’re sat in 22nd?
What we learnt from today? on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 1127 viewsvilanovablue

What we learnt from today? on 07:36 - Sep 3 by PioneerBlue

I would add all those giving the window <7 need to wait a bit to find out how Williams, Hutchinson, Scarlett, even Taylor settle and contribute.

We’ve read how underwhelmed our fans with their UEFA coaching badge A licences are with what arrived. Sorry but we do have to read some drivel.

Today (exception DS) several of those started to demonstrate why they are here, share minutes, compete for places, add quality on the ball. In a month, when they are fitter, know the way we play and they have had a few more games we could look like a different team with these lads really helping to push us forwards.

More importantly what it might give us are options which is the most exciting thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024