Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Rule Changes for 23/24... 11:02 - Jul 28 with 934 viewsFunge

... https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/28/match-officials-to-adopt-new-approach-fo

Time-wasting at the forefront of everything, as before - although I'm not too sure how long that will last for; we had 11 minutes at FGR last season, and, infamously, 10 at The Valley - rather less later on in the season when we were steamrollering teams....

Injured player/ 30 seconds rule is an interesting (and good) change at first glance, too...
Championship Rule Changes for 23/24... on 11:14 - Jul 28 with 856 viewsSitfcB

Tbf I think there was an injury at FGR and at Charlton their manager acted a knob at one point.

I see they have one specifically for Norwich at the bottom

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Championship Rule Changes for 23/24... on 11:52 - Jul 28 with 746 viewsBasuco

Goalkeeper time wasting is getting very bad, on TV I have seen keepers regularly taking 30 - 45 seconds from catching the ball until releasing it, one Town game away game an opposition keeper took 55 seconds, so long that the home commentators thought something had happened they had missed, as the keeper just walked around his box bouncing the ball and making no attempt to kick it.
Championship Rule Changes for 23/24... on 12:02 - Jul 28 with 707 viewsSharkey

Am I reading this right - for over-long goal celebrations they're just going to add more time at the end, rather than booking players for celebrating too long? Of course, the simplest way would be just to note when the goal went in and then let the team that conceded kick off again after a certain time has elapsed, whether the celebration is over or not. That should speed things up. I don't like the way games are getting longer and longer and longer, especially evening games.
Championship Rule Changes for 23/24... on 13:01 - Jul 28 with 551 viewsVaughan8

Is this going to be implemented like the "the players leaves the nearest point when substituted".

I'll believe it when I see it
Championship Rule Changes for 23/24... on 13:10 - Jul 28 with 511 viewsMattinLondon

I think what a good innovation would be allowing players to get treatment on the pitch. But that they are classed as being onside/ offside.

If a player clutches their heads then they’ll have to go off for a minimum of ten mins whilst being assessed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024