Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unusually quiet regarding transfers 12:50 - Jul 25 with 1124 viewsBlueySwede

This is not a panic thread about lack of signings etc.
Many deals are done quite late.
However, surely in past years there have been much more rumours by this time? Its more quiet than usual?
Hopefully this is a good thing with Ashton and the club working discretely with bringing our top torgets in.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 12:51]
Too busy re-grouting the showers. (n/t) on 12:59 - Jul 25 with 1039 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Unusually quiet regarding transfers on 13:00 - Jul 25 with 1038 viewswrightsrightglove

Can see us heading into the start of the season as we are now and then doing some of the more complex deals later into the window. Trusty plus one more striker from a prem club might take a bit longer to get over the line with clubs waiting until their own business is concluded. Either way I completely trust the process
Unusually quiet regarding transfers on 13:05 - Jul 25 with 1004 viewsSaigonTractor

Apart from Taylor and Hirst we tend to keep our business quiet now. And we've got both of them.

I fully expect to log onto TWTD one day and see we've signed someone out of nowhere.
Unusually quiet regarding transfers on 13:45 - Jul 25 with 819 viewsVic

I think that for many years we had constant summer church because we were simply plugging holes all the time. Then for the last couple of summers we've been dismantling and then rebuilding - that meant a lot of outs and ins.

However, we now have a level of stability and strength so we are being far more discerning in our signings. Thankfully last summer was the last time signed someone to simply to fill a position. We're past that now and are into incremental building so there's bound to be less transfer business.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024