Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suggestions please. 12:22 - Jul 14 with 967 viewsWestover

I live in the Algarve and I'm looking for a VPN not for the Football just to be able to watch a bit of English TV now and again, I tried Express but it wasn't any use, any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.
Suggestions please. on 12:48 - Jul 14 with 903 viewsElephantintheRoom

The only one I have ever tried in France is Express - and it seems OK - especially if you keep changing location depending on which channel you’re watching.

I’ve noticed that ITV app is pretty useless as is the BBC iPlayer for popular events. Maybe that is an issue in Portugal too

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Suggestions please. on 12:53 - Jul 14 with 885 viewsKeno

Ive used Nord a few times but only in the UK

https://nordvpn.com

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Suggestions please. on 13:00 - Jul 14 with 864 viewsBarcaBlue

I use channelhopper.tv for UK tv. It is very good.
Suggestions please. on 14:22 - Jul 14 with 810 viewsearlsgreenblue

I’m Portugal, Madeira & use Nord, there are some servers of theirs that are not on the general list, pm me & I’ll paste over which numbers to use, ITV is the one I cannot get too load at the mo, seems they’ve cottoned on to vpn’s from abroad, got an English mate here uses channel hopper & apart from the cost, he likes it.
Suggestions please. on 20:00 - Jul 14 with 732 viewsDJR

Have you considered getting a large satellite dish?

I have access to a holiday home in south east Spain, which with a 1.4 metre dish, and a recordable Freesat box, picks up all the free stations that you can get in the UK.

Here's something on a forum about it, and it may that there are in Portugal, as in Spain, British installers of such systems.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/freesat-in-portugal.988155/

Occasionally, the odd channel goes missing when it is stormy. And if you don't have a Freesat box, any other satellite receiver should pick up the UK channels, although it won't arrange them as neatly as a Freesat box, which works best with an internet connection.

Of course, it depends on your property as to whether a large satellite dish is possible, and there is obviously the cost to consider. But if you do install one, you are best to opt for a dual LNB (which sits at the centre of the dish) to be able to watch one channel and record another.

EDIT: I was there a couple of weeks ago, and found I was not able to access the UK apps, such as I-player and ITVX, whether using wi-fi with or without a VPN or 4G. My VPN is with Norton.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 20:13]
Suggestions please. on 21:05 - Jul 14 with 688 viewsWestover

Suggestions please. on 20:00 - Jul 14 by DJR

Have you considered getting a large satellite dish?

I have access to a holiday home in south east Spain, which with a 1.4 metre dish, and a recordable Freesat box, picks up all the free stations that you can get in the UK.

Here's something on a forum about it, and it may that there are in Portugal, as in Spain, British installers of such systems.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/freesat-in-portugal.988155/

Occasionally, the odd channel goes missing when it is stormy. And if you don't have a Freesat box, any other satellite receiver should pick up the UK channels, although it won't arrange them as neatly as a Freesat box, which works best with an internet connection.

Of course, it depends on your property as to whether a large satellite dish is possible, and there is obviously the cost to consider. But if you do install one, you are best to opt for a dual LNB (which sits at the centre of the dish) to be able to watch one channel and record another.

EDIT: I was there a couple of weeks ago, and found I was not able to access the UK apps, such as I-player and ITVX, whether using wi-fi with or without a VPN or 4G. My VPN is with Norton.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 20:13]

I'm only renting an apartment also I do have IPTV with lots of buffering just lately I wanted it for when I go to other parts of Portugal which is often when it's not as hot and less tourists, many thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024