Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) 10:58 - Jun 21 with 2744 viewsTown_Boy

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 10:58 - Jun 21 with 2734 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who says we aren't? He's still on his holidays.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 10:59]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 11:03 - Jun 21 with 2661 viewsbaxterbasics

I don't think it's ever a good idea to designate a player as 'must have at any cost' - you end up splurging the entire budget just for them to get a lengthy injury on day 1.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 2651 viewsArchiRob

He has his first training session back today there are 17 Leister players attending with their new manager, international players back later.

Hopefully doesn't catch his eye, would only likely be 3rd /4th choice striker for them
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 11:25 - Jun 21 with 2514 viewsmylittletown

Because he might not be for sale?
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 12:49 - Jun 21 with 2276 viewsblueoxford

Because whilst he is still under contract with Leicester such behaviour would be irrational.
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 21 with 2246 viewspointofblue

Hirst would be a slight gamble at Championship level, having done very little with Blackburn last year. I think up front is my biggest concern at the moment, in terms of the squad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 15:35 - Jun 21 with 1957 viewscressi

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 21 by pointofblue

Hirst would be a slight gamble at Championship level, having done very little with Blackburn last year. I think up front is my biggest concern at the moment, in terms of the squad.

We may do on the other hand do the club think they can do better ?
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 19:41 - Jun 21 with 1625 viewsStewart27

Good idea mate.

Tell the club that.

I reckon they’ll be on board.
Login to get fewer ads

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 20:08 - Jun 21 with 1571 viewsgosblue

Prem teams including those relegated tend to wait until they have replacements in place before moving players on. It’s not like buying or loaning from teams lower in the pecking order who often need to sell to build a transfer war chest.
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 23:18 - Jun 21 with 1296 viewsgreyhound

Controversial but because he's not good enough to go all out for... Need a proven championship presence if we're going to go all out. Could do with investment in other areas of the field. 2 strikers will be a minimum, cb and cm
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 06:13 - Jun 22 with 1113 viewsSaigonTractor

Because while he had a great loan with us, George Hirst isn't the only striker in world football. We have many other options.
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 06:19 - Jun 22 with 1101 viewsVegtablue

Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 23:18 - Jun 21 by greyhound

Controversial but because he's not good enough to go all out for... Need a proven championship presence if we're going to go all out. Could do with investment in other areas of the field. 2 strikers will be a minimum, cb and cm

Don't think that's controversial 👍 I doubt he's even in the distant thoughts of most Leicester fans assessing their striking options for the Championship
Why don’t we go all out for Hirst.. (n/t) on 06:46 - Jun 22 with 1061 viewsPioneerBlue

Hirst was good in the end as loans go. His style of play opened eyes to what you can get from that striker role in our structured play. It would be high risk to bet the house on a player unproven at championship level to lead the line which is why it’s good to see links to players of higher level, however given his contract situ the ball is probably in his court. I would like him back but there are others out there. He either aims to stake his claim under new management therefore sticking around or seeks to push for his own exit at a sensible valuation. Leicester are probably right to have a look during preseason, it’s possible they sell early, but more likely something happens later in summer, if at all.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 6:47]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024