Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley Dilemma 06:54 - Mar 9 with 3349 viewsjudespiveyg

As we all know there's a decent probability Town will be playing at Wembley come the 28th May. Naturally anyone who considers themselves slightly a Town fan will want to be there.

I am currently on a year abroad in America as part of my degree, which presents an annoying dilemma. My year ends and my visa expires two weeks before the final, but I do get a 30 day grace period where I can stay in the country. Ordinarily I'd stay as long as I absolutely could, to squeeze in a bit more travelling into what has already been an amazing year. However Town have never played at Wembley in my lifetime, and having sat through practically every home game of the 2010s I don't think I could forgive myself if I missed a trip to Wembley.

Do I book a ticket home just in time for the final, sacrificing two more weeks here by gambling they won't go up automatically or lose in the play off semis, or do I stay for two more weeks and risk not having the chance to see something Town haven't done in 23 years?

This would be a lot less annoying if Town were just cr4p like the majority of my 13 seasons as a fan.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2023 6:56]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Wembley Dilemma on 16:47 - Mar 9 with 436 viewsbluelagos

Posters asking about what the playoff in 2000 ticket requirements were, according to this thread it was 4 ticket stubs, which is what I remembered.

If we had an allocation of close to 40k seats am sure there would be some going spare.

1999/2000 Play off final by Bluish 10 Aug 2022 9:05
I remember frantically trying to gather enough ticket stubs together to go. Seem to recall that there were tables laid out in the gym for processing the tickets at the time.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Wembley Dilemma on 17:40 - Mar 9 with 380 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Wembley Dilemma on 09:34 - Mar 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

"I’d do America. You may not get the chance again once you get more responsibilities."

1. He's already been 'doing' America for a year and is still there. It's not like he's missing the chance.

2. With Town in a Wembley final you really might not get the chance again, responsibilities or otherwise.

Strange downarrow Bob.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Wembley Dilemma on 18:05 - Mar 9 with 374 viewsbackwaywhen

Wembley Dilemma on 09:31 - Mar 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Indeed. I simply couldn't miss it - dread to think the lengths I'd go and the sacrifices I'd make! One day I'll grow up...

I also have a dilemma ….. if we make Wembley , I start a 7 day med cruise , surprise Xmas present from wife , do I tell her we are no longer going !
Ps season ticket holder been watching Town since 1968 .
Wembley Dilemma on 02:57 - Mar 10 with 328 viewsJackNorthStand

You will have spent a year there and you can go back for 2 weeks any time.

Get yourself home for Ipswich at Wembley.

Also, if you’re visa expires 2 weeks before the final; you will catch the play off semis.
Wembley Dilemma on 09:00 - Mar 10 with 246 viewsMaySixth

Hold your nerve

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Wembley Dilemma on 09:02 - Mar 10 with 247 viewsbelgablue

Don't even consider coming back. Enjoy the states while you're there. We will go up automatically anyway, and probably find ourselves at Wembley sooner or later.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Wembley Dilemma on 09:05 - Mar 10 with 245 viewstextbackup

Wembley Dilemma on 09:31 - Mar 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Indeed. I simply couldn't miss it - dread to think the lengths I'd go and the sacrifices I'd make! One day I'll grow up...

I don’t think we will that’s the problem 😂

We’ve (I’ve) already told her we can’t plan the yearly school families camping trip in May, and put her mates bday on hold too…

I’m unselfish 99.9% of the year, but I’ve had to put foot down in this instance

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wembley Dilemma on 10:27 - Mar 10 with 227 viewsedd

Wembley Dilemma on 16:47 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

Posters asking about what the playoff in 2000 ticket requirements were, according to this thread it was 4 ticket stubs, which is what I remembered.

If we had an allocation of close to 40k seats am sure there would be some going spare.

1999/2000 Play off final by Bluish 10 Aug 2022 9:05
I remember frantically trying to gather enough ticket stubs together to go. Seem to recall that there were tables laid out in the gym for processing the tickets at the time.

Obviously it was all done by post then and my hazy memory is you had to send in to the club the actual stubs from matches attended as proof? That season I'd not been able to go to many matches so sent in a bundle from the previous season just hoping......still remember opening the envelope in the hallway a few days later expecting a letter "...I'm afraid...we're sorry to say....etc", as I opened it saw a small shiny metallic strip and "Wemb" on a bit of card, was like a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Login to get fewer ads

Wembley Dilemma on 10:30 - Mar 10 with 223 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Wembley Dilemma on 09:02 - Mar 10 by belgablue

Don't even consider coming back. Enjoy the states while you're there. We will go up automatically anyway, and probably find ourselves at Wembley sooner or later.

"Probably find ourselves at Wembley sooner or later" - good luck with that. We've been there once in 45 years.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024