Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it sounds like 12:32 - Feb 27 with 2365 viewschicoazul

….the EU and Westminster have come to an agreement on trade.
That’s so weird because I could have sworn we were all told many many times by certain of TWTD that this would never happen. How odd.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So it sounds like on 09:01 - Feb 28 with 318 viewsDJR

This represents an absolute humiliation for Johnson, and destroys what (if anything) is left of his legacy.

It means the 2019 election was fought on a lie because-
(a) there was no oven ready deal, and
(b) Brexit didn't get done.

Of course with a chancer like Johnson it was clear that this was the case at the time because he agreed to what became the Northern Ireland Protocol in an instance only to shore up his popularity. And it didn't help that he had a lot of second-rate sycophants (such as Lord Frost) around him.

But more fool all the Tory MPs who lapped it up at the time.
So it sounds like on 09:05 - Feb 28 with 299 viewsbluelagos

So it sounds like on 09:01 - Feb 28 by DJR

This represents an absolute humiliation for Johnson, and destroys what (if anything) is left of his legacy.

It means the 2019 election was fought on a lie because-
(a) there was no oven ready deal, and
(b) Brexit didn't get done.

Of course with a chancer like Johnson it was clear that this was the case at the time because he agreed to what became the Northern Ireland Protocol in an instance only to shore up his popularity. And it didn't help that he had a lot of second-rate sycophants (such as Lord Frost) around him.

But more fool all the Tory MPs who lapped it up at the time.

Whilst the DUP/ERG are yet to state their position and NI govt yet to be reinstated, it does look very encouraging (and welcome)

And IF they can get the NI govt back up and running it will indeed be incredibly humiliating for Johnson and damage his reputation even further.

A waste of space, a liar, useless,.lazy and self serving...but we kind of knew that anyway.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So it sounds like on 09:41 - Feb 28 with 269 viewsDJR

So it sounds like on 09:05 - Feb 28 by bluelagos

Whilst the DUP/ERG are yet to state their position and NI govt yet to be reinstated, it does look very encouraging (and welcome)

And IF they can get the NI govt back up and running it will indeed be incredibly humiliating for Johnson and damage his reputation even further.

A waste of space, a liar, useless,.lazy and self serving...but we kind of knew that anyway.

With most Tory MPs supporting the changes announced yesterday, along with Joe Biden, and with the deal getting relatively positive coverage in the right wing press, I think the DUP are in a very weak position.

I think they've always looked on Brexit as a way to foil Irish unity, and their lack of support for the Protocol is further evidence of this, as is their reluctance to be involved in an Assembly where Sinn Fein are the largest party.

But even if they were to reject the deal on offer, it would be further evidence that Johnson's Brexit deal was a sham.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 11:46]
So it sounds like on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 266 viewsRyorry

So it sounds like on 09:41 - Feb 28 by DJR

With most Tory MPs supporting the changes announced yesterday, along with Joe Biden, and with the deal getting relatively positive coverage in the right wing press, I think the DUP are in a very weak position.

I think they've always looked on Brexit as a way to foil Irish unity, and their lack of support for the Protocol is further evidence of this, as is their reluctance to be involved in an Assembly where Sinn Fein are the largest party.

But even if they were to reject the deal on offer, it would be further evidence that Johnson's Brexit deal was a sham.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 11:46]

The DUP left an’M’ out of their shortened name.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

So it sounds like on 10:54 - Feb 28 with 225 viewsghostofescobar

Who'd have thought that the Government would eventually realise that getting closer to the EU is the best (only) way forward: working with the EU can actually get results! Just a shame that we had the most frictionless imaginable version of being close to the EU pre 2016.

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024