Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson has just retired from football 14:09 - Feb 14 with 1864 viewsWeekender

because of injury. His last game was against us.

Was he giving to the crowd after that game?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:12 - Feb 14 with 1799 viewsSteve_M

But he did that when he went to Wycombe etc, etc.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:17 - Feb 14 with 1755 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Retired because his career couldn't reach any greater height than that mighty achievement? If he is who I am thinking of, he seemed especially, unnaturally pumped up that match. Was he injured? I guess if he was performing with powerful painkillers they might have that effect too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:27 - Feb 14 with 1695 viewsbluewein

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:17 - Feb 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Retired because his career couldn't reach any greater height than that mighty achievement? If he is who I am thinking of, he seemed especially, unnaturally pumped up that match. Was he injured? I guess if he was performing with powerful painkillers they might have that effect too.

Knowing a work colleague who is good friends with his Dad, it sounds like there's a bit more to Mawson's life than the injury. Family problems seem to be a massive part of his decision. Hence why he flipped a bit at us in December...
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 14:28]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:30 - Feb 14 with 1630 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:27 - Feb 14 by bluewein

Knowing a work colleague who is good friends with his Dad, it sounds like there's a bit more to Mawson's life than the injury. Family problems seem to be a massive part of his decision. Hence why he flipped a bit at us in December...
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 14:28]

A very useful reminder that players are human and we don't know everything that lies behind what they do on and off the pitch.

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:43 - Feb 14 with 1512 viewsbluewein

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:30 - Feb 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

A very useful reminder that players are human and we don't know everything that lies behind what they do on and off the pitch.

Indeed. I was surprised by his reaction and mentioned it the Monday after to said work colleague. When he explained the situation (I won't go into details) it became a lot more understandable...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:47 - Feb 14 with 1453 viewsdavblue

Real shame for him as he's a very good player.

There's no way he would be at Wycombe at 29 without all of those injuries.
Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:59 - Feb 14 with 1348 viewsStenvict

That's a shame, his reaction at the end of their win against us made me desperate to see us stick 4 or 5 past him in the home match to wind him up.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 16:10 - Feb 14 with 1005 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:59 - Feb 14 by Stenvict

That's a shame, his reaction at the end of their win against us made me desperate to see us stick 4 or 5 past him in the home match to wind him up.

See the comment above. We don't always know the full picture.

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 19:09 - Feb 14 with 588 viewsbournemouthblue

Alfie Mawson has just retired from football on 14:47 - Feb 14 by davblue

Real shame for him as he's a very good player.

There's no way he would be at Wycombe at 29 without all of those injuries.

I can remember wondering how they had managed to land him, a very useful player albeit at Wycombe in unusual circumstances
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 19:45]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024